xztatik
Years ago

The Perfect Team

If you were a GM and could have any players in the leage with no salary cap, what would be your team?

Topic #4734 | Report this topic

xztatik  
Years ago

C- AMARE
PF- DIRK
SF- LEBRON
SG- KOBE
PG- NASH
b- shaq
KG
T-Mac
Wade
Arenas
Marion
Iverson
r- Okafor
Carter
Kirilenko

Reply #54584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would enter my fantasy team!

S. Nash
D. Wade
M. Ginobili
L. Odom
A. Walker
T. Prince
S. O'Neal
B. Wallace
C. Billups
T. Parker

Reply #54586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where is tim duncan you clowns

Reply #54589 | Report this post

Nash
Kobe
LeBron
KG
Duncan

Wallace
Shaq
Baron
Amare
Artest
T-Mac
Dirk
Wade

Reply #54599 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

No salary cap involved:

PG: Nash
SG: Kobe
SF: Lebron
PF: Duncan
C: Shaq

Bench

Big Ben
Dirk
Manu
Yao
Kidd
Carter
T-Mac
Amare

Reply #54611 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

c-SHAQ
pf-DUNCAN
sf-DIRK
sg-MCGRADY
pg-NASH

BENCH

BIG BEN
AMARE
LEBRON
FRANCHISE
GINOBLI
KG
YAO

Reply #54618 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

How the crap can you say Walker is in a perfect team......... That's an insult.......... Walker has done nothing bar bounce between Atlanta, Dallas and Boston.

A PF that jacks up 3s It would be alright if he was good at it like Dirk and helped his team get somewhere. Wonder why Doc and Danny didn't resign him in Boston......

Prince....please......... what positions??? Don't say SG or SF, c'mon.... Don't tell me he's better than Kobe, Lebron, T-MAC, Vinsanity and others. Prince is and will be a great player, but he ain't in this league of being in a perfect team.

Every poster has selected Nash so far, wonder if he wasn't MVP last year if people would be that way (hey, I picked him backed up by Kidd).

Parker and Billups. bahahahahah....

Reply #54620 | Report this post

TR your list is missing kg, wtf??

Reply #54621 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

KG, no I didn't miss KG...... I just couldn't squeeze him on my 8 man bench. Sorry, but Big Ben is my backup C along with Yao. Amare and Dirk back up my PF position with Big Ben shifting to the PF position if required.

There is no way KG goes in before Duncan as a starter. I rate Big Ben more than KG. Amare is now (well before the knee injury) what KG was 6-7 seasons ago, and absolute beast that just overpowers everyone (bar Shaq and Big Ben). I'll add KG to my squad as the waterboy and token towel-waver......

Reply #54622 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I dont know how you can leave out KG either, surely u can have him as a backup PF, seeing as u have what 4 centres? Everyone is picking Yao but what has he actually done yet? Steve Francis over the likes of kobe bryant (What are u thinking), and why has nobody picked AI, he was contender for MVP last year and will be again this year.

PG - NASH
SG - BRYANT
SF - LEBRON
PF - DUNCAN
C - SHAQ

BENCH - Dirk, KG, Big ben, T-mac, Amare, Iverson, Kidd, Wade/B-Diddy (take your pick)

Reply #54632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about central ABL(no imports)

Starters

Hambour
Dix
Forman
Ng
Wilson

Bench

Rees
Bungey
Puddifoot
Davis
Sullivan
Gerlach
Sutton

I know i left watson out, I just feel that Sullivan is more consistant(4th in Wollacott), and Gerlach is more versatile(can play both 1 and 2 spots), as is Sutton.

Zorich is unlucky, as is Reggie, as is Phillips!

Reply #54640 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

This is the NBA section of the site for a reason. You should start a topic about this in ABL, im sure it will attract much interest.

Reply #54647 | Report this post

What are you talking about TR!?!?!

You have two centres in your team already and Duncan usually plays centre during the crucial periods of playoff games anyway. Popp subs in Horry for Nazr and moves Duncan to C.

Why pick Yao when he will get very, very limited minutes backing up Shaq AND Big Ben AND Duncan And even Amare...

During crunch time last season, all the guys mentioned above play centre for their teams.

Besides, Yao is too one dimensional anyway. Why pick a player who can only play one position as your last bench player when KG can play practically any position on the court.

Personally, if I were to choose a player to fill the centre position for my team for a one-off game, yao would be my FIFTH pick. How he makes in onto any so called 'perect' team is beyond me...

As for Big Ben over KG, I'd take KG anyday...

Reply #54655 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Trying to go for balance, by picking roleplayers.

5 Shaq
4 Duncan
3 Ginobili
2 James
1 Nash

Ben Wallace
Nowitzki
Rasheed Wallace
Allen Iverson
Tony Parker
Kyle Korver
Shawn Marion

Couldn't fit KG into a team which can also move Duncan to C or have Nowitzki play the 3 when R.Wallace is matching up on the opponents dominant post player.

Korver gives you the clutch 3pt shooter option, Marion gives you an all rounder off the bench (averages 18 and 10 for his career) who is willing to put in for the team.

I like it, obviously I've left out big names, but I think this team would be unselfish enough (YEAH RIGHT) to share minutes and win a title.

Reply #54707 | Report this post

Your off ya head!  
Years ago

Shaq Duncan KG KB Nash Bench Amare BWallace LJB Allen Kidd Iverson TMac JO Dirk Pega Piecre Manu Wade Marion Brand are great players but come on, arent we picking the best players here? Thats the best 12 in the league.

Reply #54733 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

sorry to say tahts 20 dude. and who has a 15 man bench anyways.

Reply #54737 | Report this post

Your off ya head!  
Years ago

Sorry, the bench finishes with TMac.

Reply #54743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

C-Ming
PF-Garnett
SF-James
SG-Bryant
PG-Iverson

Bench-
Shaq
Duncan
Mcrady
Nowitzki
Carter
Marion

Reply #56501 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I rate Ben Wallace in front of KG in my squad. Reasons as followed:

1) Led his team (granted with help) to the Promised Land. KG has gotten out of the 1st round once.

2) Team player (and I don't mean stats). Guess what Big Ben's last contract was?? $36 mill over 6. He's does what is good for the team. Do you think KG would ever play for that amount of cash regardless of the situation. KG's contract has screwed the Timberwolves ever since he signed it. Lost Marbury because of it, can't sign any top tier FA's because of it. Wonder why the Wolves suck, look at KG's contract.

3) Whilst KG is multi-talented and a freak on the court, there are already enough people on my squad that do the same things he does by position (or better) making him dispensable.

4) Big Ben scares me a lot more than skinny KG in the blocks. Defence wins games. He's my enforcer, he's the one that smacks down all the other biatches... Imaging having Big Ben on the help defence covering the low block. First get around Shaq, or over Yao only to have Big Ben coming from the help side.

5) KG throws out the team by not playing to his true PF position. Each and every player I have chosen is a master at their chosen position. KG floats around too much for my liking for a PF. He does'nt need to help the SF or SG out on the wings.

6) Big Ben hair is way better than KG's polished dome........

Reply #56536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

garnett shits all over big ben in every way, veratility, scoring, rebounding

just because he is skinny doesnt mean he's has less strength than a guy with huge muscles, he's ben beating bigger guys for years now and has established as the eilte player in the league

big ben is only defense and defense doesnt just win games, if he didnt have the great team behind him he wouldn't be rated as highly as he is, he is worth the money

Reply #56556 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

C-Shaq
F-Amare
F-Lebron
G-Wade
G-Nash
BENCH
Garnett
T-Mac
Duncan
Davis
Marion
Big Ben
Carter

Reply #56558 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Defense doesn't just win games, but I'd say it's pretty damn important. There a dime a dozen players that can score, there are bugger all players that can shutdown another player on the defensive end.

What do you think WON the Pistons the CHAMPIONSHIP a few years ago. I tell you right now it wasn't offense. Look at the Mav's the past few years, they can't play defense and what have they done... Zilch, nothing, zero. Regular season champs, playoff chumnps...

I never said that Big Ben shits over KG or vice verse. Look at my squad and post again peanut, take note at the 'in my squad' part.

I agree skills-wise KG is a freak and does have better allround skills than Big Ben, but who would you rather back down in the post. If you say Big Ben then you have no idea........ That's right Defensive POY mean zilch... Look at the balance of the overall squad, not at the individual.

Reply #56559 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Shaq
Duncan
James
Kobe
Iverson

Bench-
T-Mac
Vincanity
Big Ben
Nash
Kidd
Amare
Bogut(give him a few years ;-)

Reply #61457 | Report this post

that guy  
Years ago

5 Duncan
4 J. Oneal, Stoudemire
3 Marion, Anthony
2 James, Artest
1 Nash, Kidd, Hinrich

Although this team doesnt have your A-Class scorers, such as Iverson, Carter, McGrady and Bryant; it does offer a balanced defensive / offensive game. All players can play multiple positions bar the PG's as the team would have a nice outside/medium ranged game, with strong beast power inside.

There are certain players that would come close such as Ginobili, Davis, Garnett and Wallace but you cant all win...

Reply #61458 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

that guy, your team wouldn't do too well, no consistent, reliable 3 point shooters other than Nash. Look at USA in the olympics, all streaky shooters and they just sucked!

Reply #61459 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Two years later...

Yao
Dirk
LeBron
Kobe
Nash

Amare
KG
Melo
Wade
Paul
Arenas
Marion

Howard
Deron
T-Mac

Reply #155263 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:54 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754