Cope with it
Years ago

Southern

Went to Southern Basketball club sat night for Quiz night, have to say the club room looks a lot better now that they have fix it up. But if they have the money for that what are they doing with the junior programme, I Know it the silly season but for god's sake it's worse than it was last season and it has not even started yet. Eg: coaches where have they all gone???

Topic #4736 | Report this topic

ITK  
Years ago

Boys or Girls?

Reply #54630 | Report this post

Cope with it  
Years ago

Boy's mainly if you Know.

Reply #54631 | Report this post

ITK  
Years ago

Well I do know that the bar was paid by sponsorship. The work was done by the same people that do all the work around the club. As for the boys, are we talking about specific age groups?

Reply #54633 | Report this post

Cope with it  
Years ago

it would have start with 10's up to 16 boy Div one's under 18's is still the same

Reply #54636 | Report this post

ITK  
Years ago

Well firstly, Did you enjoy the quiz night? secondly movement of coaches does happen. Michelle Fisher has taken over the Division 1 boys and will do an excellent job there. Under 12 boys is the same and Under 14 boys Colin Brown has taken over from Michael Tohey. Travis has gone from 16 1 boys to Basketball Manager and Brenton Davies has taken over the role 16s. Coaches do not get paid so whether the bar cost money or not, it is irrelevant to the junior programme.The boys are also still looking for a junior coaching director for the boys to take over from Noel.

Reply #54638 | Report this post

Cope with it  
Years ago

There are fifty Southern Tigers teams competing in the junior BASA competition, from Under 10s to Under 20s. Our junior programs focus on skill development, positive attitude and participative experience. Thats from the Tigers web site now tell me with Mr knights and Mr Rowe now gone is someone going to step up to their abilities and keep the skill???.
yes I did enjoy the night thankyou.

Reply #54639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do you know that the coaches that have been put into these coaching positions won't be upholding the Club's focus?

How does this have anything to do with money?

Have you taken your percieved issue up with the Club? Why would you rather shit-stir in a public arena?

Reply #54664 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

Last season the Club had 2 teams in Grand Final with one victory. That is not success in anyones book and some tough decisions have been made.

The Club has undergone tremendous change over the past 3 months and yes they do have a lot of new Divison 1 coaches but all have accepted additional responsibility and are willing to listen and learn and implement the Clubs philosophy.

It will take time but I am sure they will be better for it.

Rome was not built in a day.

Reply #54669 | Report this post

ITK  
Years ago

(Mod: Removed. When you make it personal, people whine to me and it wastes my time.)

Reply #54673 | Report this post

Phantom  
Years ago

THE NEW CLUB ROOM LOOKS GREAT, HI BRENTON AND BALFOUR

Reply #54675 | Report this post

Cope with it  
Years ago

They Might Shit sir get over it you get that anywhere you go

The club is better off, tell me where are u going to find 2 top coaches like that around, I tell you what they have built the junior players you have now for the future but the club and yourself are to ignorant to see that!!

Reply #54676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boring!

Reply #54679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top caoches my bum. Get a life Simone and Ryan

Reply #54680 | Report this post

Phantom  
Years ago

lol, if we even had anything to do with this post we sure as hell wouldn't be complaining about the bar. (I have spent many a $$$ in that bar.) But it has all been said before. So there is no need to rehash it all. The bar looks good. good luck for the up and coming season.

Reply #54683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahahaha what a tool

Reply #54684 | Report this post

junior  
Years ago

Can't believe this is being raised.

I was at that quiz night and i to have spent a $ or two in the bar.

hopefully we can create a bar with atmosphere where all can anjoy a drink after a game in the evening ...its a shame to see the majority of poeple disapearing to the carpark straight after a game ( maybe they think they're at south adelaide and are heading to the boot bar !!)

by creating a good atmosphere we create a happy club environment and only good things can stem from that.

as for spending money on junior programmes, the club has excellent resources, all at the coaches disposal...if you were at training sunday morning 'cope with that' you would have seen what the club does with their money....if the numbers from the quiz night are anything to go by ( the room was completly full ) plenty of money was raised..if your not involved with southern ' cope with that' thanks for coming and helping to raise funds for a club that is heading in the right direction

Reply #54705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #54706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Junior, why does South even need to come into this conversation. We are talking about the money that is spent on a bar instead of a jnr program at SOUTHERN, not any other club.

And people have made their point. There is no need to go and bag other clubs. At the end of the day (cope with it) just had a question and people get all upset and start abusing people and start blaming people that at the end of the day don't even know that this conversation is being held.

Reply #54739 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Two posts deleted. Stop making it personal. The interclub politics just gets pathetic sometimes.

Reply #54753 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

The whole post should have deleted as it was always going to turn into a slag session!

Reply #54771 | Report this post

kimbo  
Years ago

hey i think the hole stadium looks great and same with da club rooms,hi to all the coaches and players at southern. southern rulz

Reply #66608 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:53 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754