BMG
Years ago

Posting Accountability

I was wondering what peoples thoughts on having to logon and have a registered username for posting on HoopsSA.

Would that make your life easier or harder, Isaac?

Basically, making people accountable for their comments and this way may cut down a lot of the sledging and accusations that continue to fly around this site.

Topic #4818 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

And how do you think that this would add accountability? Outline a proposed process involving registered usernames and give me a contact email address and I'll tell you privately how someone could get past it in about 5 minutes.

There's only one way of doing it even remotely reliably and it's not something that I have the time to implement on a free site. Not right now anyway.

Reply #55485 | Report this post

BMG  
Years ago

OK

It was just a thought.

Reply #55486 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I don't think it matters that much, alot of people post as anonymous or with bogus names, I'm sure they have their own reasons for doing so, whilst others are happy to put their name/identity to what they have to say.

By enforcing registration to forums significantly cuts down contributions, many people are happy to read and only post on occasions and dont feel the need to register/put their name to it.

Sure you get the useless posters who always post under stupid names, but hey just tune out for the school holiday periods :-)

Reply #55487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it's a good idea. Im posting as anonomous so my identity isn't revealed but i have had several people post under my name, talking themselves up.

Reply #55494 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:56 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754