sexc
Years ago

HELP I NEED INFO FOR HOMEWORK DUE TOMORROW

I'm doing an asssignment on the Adelaide 36ers for Tourism so everything i write has to be linked to tourism. I am finding it hard to get the right info. Is anyone able to tell me anything about there marketing strategies, future developments ir how many season ticket holders there are at present. Worst part is that it is due 9:30 tomorrow morning PLEASE HELP

Topic #4837 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

e-mail potsie (paul Bauer) at the sixers. He works in marketing.

Reply #55628 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

Do you know a qucker way i could get in contact with him. i have sent many emails and got no where. Im starting to stress cos it for yr 11

Reply #55630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BASA - 84446444

yr 11??? OMG. You, like, so shoulda said so before. I fully, like, had no idea it was so important!!!

Reply #55633 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

are you being sarcastic i'm not an idiot alright

Reply #55634 | Report this post

Haggis  
Years ago

Well, you are studying tourism...

How many tourists go to a Sixers game?!

Reply #55635 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

ok i have no idea about that haggis cos i am, like i said struggling to get the info i need. However i've just read somewhere that the distinctive homes dom seats 8000. Are the games normally sold out??

Reply #55636 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

No games are not normally sold out. And geeze year 11 is so stressful. HAAAAAAAAAAA

Reply #55637 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

ok ididn't say yr 11 was stressful i only said this one assignment is ok.
and just curious dr bullshit, how old would u be??

Reply #55640 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dome capacity is 7800 or so. Attendance figures recently have been 4500-5300. I doubt that any tourists go to games.

Reply #55642 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

thanx isaac but still after more info. That will help still. say you have someone from Darwin (for example) that follows the suxers and they come down to adelaide to watch them they are a tourist because they are away from home. So there would be a few maybe

Reply #55643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been to games at the snake pit and at the sydney entertainment centre as a tourist

friends recently were in cairns and went to see the sixers beat cairns in the thriller they were tourists

now we are already basketball people do does that make it legit tourism or are we finding a game in the sport we love in the city we happen to be in at the time?

Reply #55645 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

Ok this is a sensible question, the answer is actually both because tourism is the temporary movement of people away from where they live including travel. what you are doing is classed as sports tourism.

This is because you are a tourist for a reason other than cultural or relaxation reasons

Reply #55646 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

anyone got info on ticket prices or member packages

Reply #55647 | Report this post

Answer me this  
Years ago

yeah Dr BS - how old are you???

Reply #55650 | Report this post

Spongebob  
Years ago

www.adelaide36ers.com

Strategic marketing would be classed as a macro-external environmental issue. Tourism would come under the heading of social/culture issues.

Do u have a question that would allow anyone to potentially help answer if for you?

Reply #55654 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

ok sponge bob im not sure what you mean but for my assignment i have a question as my title. That is:

Do the Adelaide 36ers have the potential to become a major Tourism drawcard?

This means will they be as big as football or something like that?? is that what you mean.

I have a 2000 word essay on it to do

Reply #55655 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I would say no. For AFL games (especially finals), travel companies advertise finals packages, pubs put on special events, and there are a lot of supporting activities. Basketball doesn't have that and probably won't have it for a while IMO.

Reply #55656 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

thanx again isaac you have been the most help so far. You seem to really know you r stuff

Still after more opinions guys

Reply #55657 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

You have a 2000 word essay and you left it til the day before? tsk tsk

Reply #55659 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

i've done half but like i said i cant get the info.

This is my hardest subject. So i stayed home from school today to do it cos i'm way ahead of everyone else in othat lessons. I worked all weekend so i haven't had time

Reply #55660 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

OK guys i need ticket prices now. How much for adult, child, concession, family ect...

Reply #55662 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

This site any help?
http://www.wcities.com/en/record/,148093/265/record.html
Tourist aimed description of the clipsal powerhouse.

Reply #55663 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tourism is your hardest subject?

Reply #55665 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

thanx i been on that one before, it aint much help and half their info outta date or wrong.... Thanxc anyway.

I still need ticket prices

Reply #55666 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Have you contacted any travel companies to see if they do offer Basketball Packages, or even the other NBL teams to see if they offer anything like this?
Perhaps look at the rise of basketball in the early nineties and then the gradual fall from grace as AFL took over as being Australia's number one sport. You may want to even throw in a bit about the current marketing the Soccer has done and how if the Sixers go down that path that maybe they will have the potential to become a player in Australian sport. Another influence would be perhaps the overseas effect on basketball in Australia. The NBA doesn't have the players like Jordan, Bird, Magic these days, that there's not as much hype surrounding basketball anymore which has an effect on the sporting youth in Australia...just a couple of last minute thoughts. Oh and by the way, don't ever leave an assignment to the last minute, I used to do it all the time and it doesn't work!

Reply #55667 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

yeah it is....

I'm top at maths in my school but i going to tafe so i do easy maths not that pure maths crap.

English is ok, one of my lessons is driving so thats easy and biology im top in that to

so yeah tourisms the hardest

Reply #55668 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

thanx panther... hey you didn't wanna come do this assignment for me.

Reply #55669 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I think the best way to tackle this is to write the conclusion and then work backwards, expanding on the points you make in that.

To save you time, here's one I prepared earlier:

"In summary, the Adelaide 36ers do have the potential to become a major tourist drawcard.

"As outlined earlier, it will be difficult to find the $20 billion cash injection needed to:
- revitalise the basketballing operations and infrastructure in SA;
- build a 30,000 seat mega-stadium in the Adelaide CBD;
- recruit a current NBA superstar to play for the team and serve as the team's public face.

"However, should this be done, I am confident the team will become a local, national and international drawcard. As a highly respected basketball authority has noted, there's no 'I' in "team", but there's plenty in "winning" and "individualistic" (Hamburger, B; 2005)."

Feel free to plagiarise any or all of this, and standby for the big fat A plus.

Reply #55670 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

did u really write that your self bo hamburger

Reply #55671 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

my conclusion has to be at least 300 words.

Reply #55674 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ask for an extension. And don't listen to anyone with "hamburger" in their name.

Leaving things to the last second is my favourite tactic, but I wouldn't rely on it when my essay topic involved the 36ERS being a tourist drawcard. Sorry!

Reply #55675 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

hey i wasn't relying on it either but our school has shit ass computers so when i spent friday on it i couldnt save it so i ended up redoing 700 words. Plus i got really sick so wen i wasnt working this weekend i was in bed. at my school u dont get extensions unless u ask a week before or your dying

Reply #55678 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

ok now i need to find info on those guys that were on instead of the cheerleaders

Reply #55681 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd suggest that you stop procrastinating and write the essay. If you need ticket pricing information, ring the Sixers or Venuetix.

Reply #55682 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Sexc, I didn't write it, YOU did, if you get my drift.

Of course, if you don't believe me and you fail, you can blame Isaac.

He would then challenge me to an old-fashioned gentleman's duel, to be conducted at half-time at the next Sixers home game.

We'd start back-to-back at centre-court with those funky (and clunky) old-school guns they had centuries ago, and then walk to the opposite baselines before turning and firing.

And if you don't think THAT would be a tourist drawcard of the enormous variety, then I just can't help you anymore.

Reply #55683 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

I'm not sure if this constitutes 'tourism' as such, but often, there will be a group of people at the games who barrack for the opposition. This is most common for finals, so if they have bus trips from say, melbourne, then they would probably be regarded as tourists?
In past seasons there were sometimes a busload of school students, maybe from gawler, or up north somewhere? They might also be tourists?
And then I suppose there must be the occasional tourist who happens to be in Adelaide and then gets to a game.
And then, even when we have visitors from interstate or overseas, we have sometimes taken them to a game.
In fact, the couple who sit near us brought an uncle visiting from Italy to Sunday's game.
So I guess you could probably say there would be at least a few of these at each game, maybe? So if you're talking 'opportunities to showcase a sporting venue' this would be the case.

Reply #55684 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

this would have to be one of the funniest threads I've read in a while, some classic quotes:

"Im starting to stress cos it for yr 11"

"one of my lessons is driving" since when is driving a lesson!!!

"follows the suxers" better be a typo sparky.....

"are you being sarcastic i'm not an idiot alright" hmmmmm m'kay...

"This is my hardest subject" tourism..........WTF

Now kiddo, I think your telling the forum fibs, post #55660 you claim to be working all weekend. Post #55678 you claim you were sick all weekend and COULDN'T work. What's the real story. Booze up over the weekend????

Reply #55685 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

ok well i WAS sick all weekend BUT i still had to go and work my part time jobs so when i WASNT working i was in bed SLEEPING cos i felt like SHIT.

the suxers was a typo

tourism is the hardest for me because it has too many essays

i am stressing but only for this assignment cos im gonna only scrape a pass.

Drivers Ed funnily enough is a subject. But it is so easy that a year 3 could pass the theory,

and your right the bit about being an idiot was just stupid

Reply #55690 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

Thanx for that bulletin you emailed me isaac it is very useful.... cheers

Reply #55696 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I thought that maybe he was from NZ or something..."Go Suxers"

Reply #55700 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

hahahahah panther. first of all im a she not he and second of all im from sa and not NZ

Reply #55704 | Report this post

BMG  
Years ago

When the Dome (then Powerhouse) was packed regualrly and it was finals, I recall a couple of bus loads of people coming from Melbourne for the GF.

The same happened in reverse, a couple of busloads of sixers fans went to Melbourne for a few games.

Don't know if that helps, but people DO travel to watch their teams.

Good luck!

Reply #55705 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

cool thanx

Reply #55707 | Report this post

Bo, if you could only use your powers for good and not evil.

Reply #55708 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Just got home and read this, weird shit. Panther, I didnt realise you were so inteluctual, and it seems you really care! Haha

Reply #55726 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Just tell them your cat died. Worked for my friend for a uni essay, he got a week extension and then he still didn't pass it up on time.

Reply #55730 | Report this post

Years ago

omg your stressing bout yr 11, hahaha you have alot of stressing ahead of you in that case mate. Dont leave thinks to the last minute aswell

Reply #55739 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

As a 3rd yr student at Flinders Uni studying Teaching, I have one thing to say:
"If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail!"

(And yes, before any one else says it, I do pity the poor kids who end up with me as a teacher - LOL!)

Reply #55741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

failure is part of life

live with it and learn from it and maybe next time you may better organised and not so slack

Reply #55743 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

Bloody hell Matt a teacher. What subjects are you going to Teach so I can tell the kids I coach not to take those subjects. hahaha Just kidding hope to catch you at pas some time.

Reply #55745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So matt, if you plan on failing and you succeed. Have you failed or succeeded? ;)

Reply #55747 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

ok so for the record... i managed to get my assignment done. and i rang my mate and apparently we are the only two that have so the rest are gonna fail.

Thanx isaac for the bulliten u sent me it came in handy.

As for the rest of yous thanks for your... um advice on not failing or watever

Reply #55752 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

......and they all lived happily ever after!

Reply #55756 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

this is the real Sponge Bob so who ever used my alias please choose another one thanks.

Reply #55780 | Report this post

Suzikai  
Years ago

Me is tourist from Japan, Ingrish not wery good. basketbwall very good for skin would like to go see a willy play, do the persons do the wave? is food gooda? have fish? raw is gooda. is ticket cost lots? me is very good high jumping, touch cords like a panther. do me need to be outside court early fora tiket?
We make fubu. would like to meat the president Mr Bizzy.

Reply #55791 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Bullshit Artist,

I'm majorring in English and my minor is Science (Biology).

When you see me at Pas, come up and tell me who you are! MINT!

Reply #55863 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Thought it would be music!

Reply #55864 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Well, I hate to say how great my taste in music is, but on Saturday night at about 10.25 pm, a song I requested was played on NOVA! I even got to introduce it!

It was "Flashbacks from the Vault" and they asked for an old school r'n'b/dance hit and I requested "Good Vibrations" by MARKY MARK AND THE FUNKY BUNCH!

Yes, that's how great my taste in music is! It's got the support of NOVA!

Reply #55866 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That probably says just as much about Nova as it does about you!

Reply #55867 | Report this post

Boti  
Years ago

This has to be one of the funniest threads of all time... from "sexc" the illiterate, stressed to the max year 11 student studying such academically stimulating subjects such as driving, easy maths and tourism (also claims to be good at English but spells assignment with 3 S's) to the replies from Bo Hamburger and Suzikai...

PURE GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sexc, just a hunch, are you in any way related to cheezeburger, who is a regular poster on this forum of a similar age and similar levels of illiteracy???

Reply #55876 | Report this post

michaelredd  
Years ago

what makes sexc sexy?

Reply #55894 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

Thankyou to all who helped me with this assignment.. i got it back and got an A for it

Reply #58844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well done then where do we send the invoices?

Reply #58852 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754