Years ago

Some info found on Basketball Reference.com:

Isaiah Rider Jr. (J.R.)

Position: G-F
Height: 6'5" Weight: 215 lbs.
Born: March 12, 1971 in Oakland, CA
High School: Encinal in Alameda, CA
College: University of Nevada, Las Vegas

Drafted by the Minnesota Timberwolves in the 1st round (5th pick) of the 1993 NBA draft.

16.7 ppg
3.8 rpg
2.7 apg
31.7 mpg over 563 career games

Last played for the Denver Nuggets in 2002.

I think a combination of a bad attitude, unwillingness to be a team player, and a history of bad behaviour (drug use, assault, fraud etc) has kept him out of the league since 2002. His one-dimensional (scoring, that's it) game didn't help his chances either.

Reply #55842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He invented the between the legs dunk then disappeared, probably to Europe. Just like Harold Minor

Reply #55853 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Reply #55984 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Am reading a book by his Dad that finishes when Bobby has the big car accident. Can anyone remember what happened next?

Reply #55985 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

Didn't Bobby Hurley take up horse training?

Reply #56015 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I think you're right, coach K. I found this link that says the same:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/basketba/2002-05-08-where-are-they.htm

Of note, Chris Burgess was a 1997 All-American. Is this the same guy now in Cairns?

Reply #57607 | Report this post

BGM  
Years ago

Loser has probably moved in with his mom. What a waste. Grew up with him and went to school with him. What a complete moron. Wasted not only his ability but cheated us who loved him.

Reply #75250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he's locked up right now - last I heard he received 7 months for some charge - not sure if he served or not -

Reply #136115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he's locked up right now - last I heard he received 7 months for some charge - not sure if he served or not -

Reply #136116 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:41 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754