sexc
Years ago

WORKERS AT THE GAMES

What do people think of those guys that sell raffel tickest at the games. Do you think they are annoying

Topic #4851 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

Yes they are but don't knock them. They probably don't get paid to do it so they don't get paid to take criticism either. Just be greatful that someone is willing to volunteer their time to do it.

Reply #55851 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Maybe they should learn its rude to interupt peoples conversation.

Reply #55856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They do get paid to sell the tickets, their company takes a cut from the raffle proceeds

Reply #55860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They get about half the money they take.

Reply #55879 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

One person I was talking to last year was sent over from Melbourne to sell raffle tickets. Was doing the Sixers one night, then the Crows (or soccer or something) the next night.

So not only do they get paid, the company can also afford to put them on a plane to get them to the matches.

I would much prefer it if I knew all the money was going to the club.

Reply #55890 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

There's a fat guy with tattoos that really shits me. He pretends to be friendly but actually oversteps the mark and is rude.

Whenever he speaks to me I now say "I no speaka da Inglish.", even though I spoke to him a few weeks ago.

He reminds me of the f*ckers in shopping centres that try to sign you up for credit cards, or Save the Children.

"Just a minute of your time Sir, it's for a good cause."

It would take me just a minute of my time to KICK YOUR ASS!!!

Reply #55895 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

i wonder if the club is any better off having aggressive sellers who take half the cut or with a less aggresive approach and the club gets it all. it is so obvious that the guys doing it now are pros and i agree they are aggressive and annoying. And no i am not being negative just honest.

Reply #55908 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

My problem is with fundraising for "professional" athletes, be it the 36ers or the AFL Teams.

If they don't think they can earn enough to have an end of season trip, go and get a real job then and see if you can afford an end of year holiday.

Its been interesting to me that the Women's teams in both Basketball and Netball don't fundraise with raffles (well nobody has ver tried to sell me anyway) yet we pretty much know that all these women have to supplement their incomes away from their sports.

Reply #55915 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I would hope that the money from ticket selling (well the 50% anyway) goes back to making the club better, not the end of season trip. Money raised can be spent on game night presentation and marketing which will help to get more people through the door.

Obviously the Sixers is not a charity, but I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks each game if I knew where it was going. But I do resent the overly pushy, obsequious jerks at the moment. They were funny the first time. Sort of. Now they are just horibly annoying.

Reply #55916 | Report this post

Fennis Dembo  
Years ago

I was at a club the other night and these girls kept coming over to me bugging me to buy a raffle ticket.

There was heaps of them wearing next to nothing as well i might add.

To my horror they would take their clothes off infront of the man who was the winner of the raffle.

Do these same people offer this service at the dome?

Reply #55919 | Report this post

es_K_pizm  
Years ago

Hey guys, Im K, a long time reader, first time poster, I was employed by Taycor (marketing group)a few years back, from my experience with this company, they train and pump the ticket sellers up to be aggresive, and they look at the potential ticket buyers as a piece of crap. I am a huge sixers fan have been going to every game for last 4 seasons, and on and off before that. Personally I would buy raffle tickets from the old ticket sellers who were volunteers just standing around outside and in the dome. They wouldn't approach you, just stand there waving the tickets. I hate the new ticket sellers. I told one to F@#$ off the other night at the Brisbane game, only to be approached again within a minute by another leech trying to make a sale so he got told where to go as well. I hope that they do not have a contract for next season, as I think it sucks having to deal with them at basketball as well as in shopping malls and wherever else the scum pop up. If u want to support sixers give your money to them!! not to these parasites.
-K

GO SIXERS!

Reply #55928 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

I think the current ticket sellers are extremely annoying and rude. 1 guy in particular is a complete TOSS. He asked me 3 times on the same night. I swore that if he asked again I was going to get quite narky and probably end up in a fight of sorts!!

I can do without that crap at the BBall, and would prefer to buy a ticket only if I feel like it.

If the same guy asks me again, I think I'm going to get his name.

ShaneD

Reply #55932 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I agree, the old ticket sellers were fine. They would walk around, maybe yell out "raffle tickets!!" once in a while. No problem. One of them even looked like Peter Andre, in fact it may have even been Peter Andre and that is a bonus for any right minded person.

I always give money to the charity collectors that just stand there silently, and never to the pushy ones.

Reply #55934 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Did you happen to be at the Crazy Horse Fennis Dembo???
Not that I know what they do there, just heard stories...

Reply #55936 | Report this post

Fennis Dembo  
Years ago

Panther heading in tonight for a business meeting if you care to join me.

Apparently it is free before 9.

Reply #55938 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

Rememeber when the prize used to be cash?

Why can't the 36ers organisation sell the tickets and the proceeds go to the Hudeson Maher foundation or somnething?

The current group of sellers need to be given the boot and quickly.

Reply #56034 | Report this post

sexc  
Years ago

I'm really glad to hear your opinions on here because i too was employed by taycour and i agree with es k pism that we are trained to be annoying. I still do the football games but decided not to do the bball cos i felt it was too small and enjoyable to have us ruin it. yes we do get a cut... but i can garuntee you it is no where near 50%, its more like 25. Also i think it is rude when people get in your face for tickets and that is why i learnt to just stand back. if you want it you want it. I was one of there higher pitchers because i earnt peoples respect and had regulars.

Just curious es k pism, who are you??

Reply #56350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can you please giv me a pitcher of the crows

i want it now plz

Reply #117271 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:37 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754