Kent Brockman
Years ago

From Bullets.com manager 'Big Joe'

"We land in Adelaide at 9:50am local time and are greeted with newspapers really building up the fact that the 36ers fans were still offended by last years antics of some of the Bullets players when we defeated them in the quarter final.

Now I know this is a touchy subject but we were accused of not showing any class and so on that night. What I can't understand, is why can a spectator say what they want and call a player or players anything under that sun and it's ok or not reported. But when a player does it back, it's blown right our of proportion? I mean, I heard what was yelled at Mick during that game from the crowd and it was extremely personal and quite frankly disgraceful.

So when Mick waved at those bunch of people when we won last year, he's made out to be the villian? I don't understand that at all.

And speaking of class, you tell me which is more classy? Waving to the fans who have been personally, verbally abusing you all game, or having a bunch of guys called the Navy Seals (who are a men's version of cheerleaders in Adelaide) flash their rear ends at us in the bus, as we drive into the stadium? Which is more classy? You decide.

Add to that the verbal abuse we copped from the same bunch of guys as we walked into the stadium and I was left stunned. I understand fully that the 36ers don't endorse such behavior but that was really disgraceful. I also encourage such cheering and support for your home team, but when the taunts and support turns into abuse and it starts getting personal, that's when I have a problem with it.

It's a real shame because like I've said in previous posts, I love going to Adelaide. The people there are nice and the staff are great. The crowd for the most part are fantastic and probably one of the best in the nation and let me tell you, it was LOUD!!! We go onto lose that game by one point and are extremely disappointed with the results of the weekend"

Topic #4860 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Big Joe is just jealous that he wasn't invited to be a Navy Seal.

Poor Joe got mooned!

Reply #55941 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Reply #55942 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Big Joe :
"And speaking of class, you tell me which is more classy? Waving to the fans who have been personally, verbally abusing you all game, or having a bunch of guys called the Navy Seals (who are a men's version of cheerleaders in Adelaide) flash their rear ends at us in the bus, as we drive into the stadium? Which is more classy? You decide"

Did the Navy Seals really do that ?

(chuckle -and hmmph not very classy ! )

Reply #55947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It might not be class, but it was definetely ass

Reply #55964 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Yep, a couple of the seals stood on the poles in front of the dome and mooned the bus. Witnessed from car park.

Reply #55986 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

have we stooped that low? What they do on court and the chants at opposition players is one thing but mooning the opposition?

Surely the 36ers management doesn't endorse this?

Reply #56032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Navy Seals are a joke, we are not laughing with them, we laugh at them.

I'm with big Joe, if the Seals go, then Adelaide have a good game night program!

Reply #56037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It should go on the record that not all of the Seals mooned the players or abused them on the way in. It was a mere minority of them.

Reply #56063 | Report this post

How unaustralian it is to be offended by the moon.Our culture as aussies is built on the moon to any team/country we play and even the law, i say we need more of the moon. How good would it be if the oposing team had to shoot free throws with the whole end stands doing the moon.

Reply #56555 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

sigh!

Reply #56583 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:50 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754