Isaac
Years ago

Memorable Moments at the Dome

What are yours?

Others will remember many more, but here's a few of mine from recent times to kick it off:

- Simon Kerle miming taking a photo during the elimination final last year. Infuriating, but you had to give him credit for the stunt.

- Sapwell banking the threes against the Razors in the grand final win.

- the talk on the old Sixers forum about the Pump Room.

- a game against Sydney where Farley had 40 and Nash was defending Heal. Wish I could remember the details.

- Oscar blocking Paul Rogers within minutes of getting on the court in his first game.

Topic #4875 | Report this topic

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

smith's (can't remember which one) tip dunk when he climbed Maher's back, and threw it down.

One of the most athletic moves i've seen there.

Reply #56103 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

What about Grove's alley? That was INSANE!!

Reply #56108 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

dmacs buzzer beater over Maher in the grand final series for the Giants.

Reply #56113 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

finals series against the titans when reesy fell on the last surviving titan big who was uninjured. The dome went crazy that series.

Reply #56123 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Sapwell hitting the 3 to take it to overtime against wollongong, after Stiff got the offensive board and kicked it back out... Cant remember what year.. maybe 1999?

Reply #56126 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

A huge Dunk in Traffic from Nash in Game 3 against Razorbacks in 2002. Nearly deafened the other 3 stats people that night, through the headsets. They still keep me turned down because of that

Reply #56131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The period between the end of regulation and the start of OT in game 1 of the finals against North Melbourne back in 93 (i think). It was the loudest i have ever heard it at the dome.

Reply #56147 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Rob Rose Moments at the Dome:

Scoring 46 (25 in 1st quarter) game 2 quarter final series vs Newcastle in 1995 (Adelaide were 0-1 down, won series 2-1, then played Perth, the infamous Blakemore v Cattalini incident!)

Racked up 44 in an overtime win against Canberra, it was Jo Jo English's 1st game as a 36er, Rose hit floating jumper to tie the game after Adelaide were down 7 in final minute!

That INSANE save from the sideling near half court (playing for the Crocs) as the shot clock expired, banked it in and then scored the next 21 Crocs points!

Blocking Heal in game 3 of the 1994 quarter finals!

Ah the memories.....

Reply #56149 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Yep, have to go with the ANON entry above re the loudest I've ever heard it during the transition into OT during the final against NM.

I took two people to that game who were not BBall fans - they were after that game.

Reply #56151 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Game One of the 1994 NBL Grand Final was huge, except for bloody D-Mac and Rees!

Even the aisles were full!

Reply #56153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think i could talk for a week after game 1 of the 1994 Grand Final series, and I dont think I stopped crying for that week either, to come back and get it to over time only to lose it I was shattered.

Reply #56165 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Willie dunking on Melvin last year

Cortez ally

Butch Hays tip in dunk over the top of James Crawford

Bradtke's last game as a sixer

Bradtke's first game as a tiger

Opening night game against Perth

Seamus Mc Peake giving the crowd the "Navy Seal" 1 finger solute.

Pudd hiting 5 threes against the Kings

Brad Hill going for 17 in his first game

Murray Magpie,do we have a mascot anymore?

Watching Goorjian wait for the national anthem to be sung before stepping out on court to avoid getting booed.

Matt Garrison going nuts after game three in 01

Reply #56167 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Leon Trimmingham's massive dunks.

Davis dunking on Bradtke.

Brad McKinnon's first step. Really thought he was the next big thing. What if?

Reesy's elbow. So many chins, so little time.

Reply #56173 | Report this post

Rees fan  
Years ago

Reesy running all the way up the stairs to thedoctor and his hairy sidekick by the Rees banner after one of the games this season to give them a basketball

Reply #56174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about Brad McKinnon as a rookie talking smack to Ronaldson:
McKinnon gets fouled:Two shots
McKinnon misses first
Ronaldson: "Doesn't look like this rookie has much to his game" or something really lame like that
McKinnon: (walks down the middle of the lane between free throws and turns to Ronaldson)"How about you shut the f**k up you fat c**t"
McKinnon makes second

Reply #56176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oscars first shot 3 over Vlahov, simply fearless.

Maher, Maher, Maher

Jeff Brown, not

Willie Farley yes

Catalini's emotion

For some reason the turnaround that was counted as a two, Davis hit against North Melbourne in '94 when he thought he had forced overtime, first emotion I ever saw him show.

Robert Rose and the Rose club

Reply #56187 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Damon Lowery hitting those three foul shots to carry the Hawks over the line in the 00/01 Semi Final.

Reply #56199 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Jerry Dennard's Defence. Who could forget the JD fan club with signs like "Jerry for PM", "Jerry for Barcelona" and in Bradtke's first game back there was a sign that went across an entire section of the crowd saying "who needs Bradtke we've got Jerry".....Brilliant

Reply #56275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lowery's three free throws were in Wollongong!

Reply #56286 | Report this post

CPD  
Years ago

This is exactly the kind of thing I was getting at in the OT thread a few days ago.

• Any time the 6ers started running during the 2002 season - except for the time Willie attempted to double clutch a break away dunk in the dying moments of a 1-point game during the 2002 playoffs... only to see it fly off the back of the rim. Man, that was tense.

• Mark Davis injuring his shoulder (on Dave Simmons' arm) trying to throw an outlet pass against the Tigers in an early/mid 90's playoff game. If I remember correctly, any hopes of going all the way were completely dashed when that happened.

• Rob Rose and Darnell Mee.

• Memorable for the wrong reason was the time some morons threw those little foam toy give-aways (I think they were computers or something) at Matt Neilson, presumably to upset him and throw him off his game. Boy did that ever work!

• Watching the Tigers warm up when they had Brett Rainbow.

Journo and Kent, you guys have amazing memories for the details!

• Reply #56320 | Report this post

The Journo  
    Years ago

It's easy to remember because they were memorable!!

Reply #56345 | Report this post

bling bling  
    Years ago

Seeing the Hammond Brothers in their pimped out Ghetto attire.

Reply #56348 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
    Serio: Tourism photography and videography
    Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:06 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754