Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers 'Official' Forum. Where is it?

Not that I care, but I noticed the forum option is missing from the 'official' Sixers site. Not sure if this has been discussed on here yet, so sorry if it has.

Maybe they don't want the potential buyers to read what the fans think.

They should try removing the "Support the Club" option as I understand that both the Sixers Club and Junior Jammers isn't being run this season.

Also noticed a positive a positive story under latest news "Ticket Sales on the Rise".

I guess whatever works to fetch a better price!

PS- Thanks Isaac for the giving the fans a place where they can express their opinions openly.

Topic #4891 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

JABA have planned on canning the "official" forum for a while now, and replacing it with the blogs. I didn't know when it was going to happen, but I think we can assume that it's been done.

Adrian who posted/posts as BongoBrain is comfortable with leaving discussion on Hoops SA, last I heard anyway.

Their site's currently down though. "You have error An invalid character was found in text content."

"You have error" - funny.

(BTW, re the blogs, if the players aren't updating them, go up to them after a game and tell them to write something. Or send in a question to give them an idea for something to talk about.)

Reply #56307 | Report this post

Paul Bauer  
Years ago

Isaac,
You are correct. JABA (sixers website) came up with the idea months ago when they first approached the club about doing Blogs. They believed that the blogs would replace the forum, and allow Hoops to have full reign over supporters opinions. The club supported this and that is why the forum has been removed.

Reply #56315 | Report this post

BMG  
Years ago

How nice of the Club to dump it on Isaac.

I do hope you are now getting paid to manage this site as you seem to have become the 'Official' site!

Reply #56323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I assume then that the ban on sixers/basa staff posting on this forum is gone now too then?

Reply #56326 | Report this post

Paul Bauer  
Years ago

Anon,

Don't be smart. I'm answering people's questions which I don't have to be doing. But because I care about the sport and the club I choose to. There is not a BASA/Sixers ban placed for staff that are trying to answer questions. So assume nothing.

Reply #56332 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Nice one MW / MC!

Reply #56333 | Report this post

Ian Adams  
Years ago

Its good to see Paul responding and informing us of info when he can.

Anonymous if you have something to say then come out of the closet and bring your leather jacket.

Dont be bitter about the game of hoops!!

Go you Sixers!!

Reply #56338 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

here here!

Reply #56340 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

And don't be so gutless anonymous. At least Paul isn't hiding behind a nickname. We don't need people like you on this site. Take your sour grapes elsewhere.

Reply #56342 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Has anyone checked out the NBL website...according to the website, today is Monday the 24th!!!
What the???

Reply #56361 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:32 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754