DJ
Years ago

Sixers vs Breakers - This Afternoon

Ok so everyones probably at the game but for those that may be around here Dusty scored 15 points in 6mins and 31 seconds!!!

At Quarter Time: Adelaide 30-28

Topic #4922 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

1st Quarter

Rychart 17 pts, 4 Rebs, 1 ast

Smythe had him out of the game when he had 15 points in 7 minutes. Why take him out when he is dominating. As soon as he got back on he scored again.

Reply #56618 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Sixers 60 - Breakers 53 at the half.

Dusty 25pts, 5 rebounds, 1 assist
Oscar 8 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 fouls
Rees & Jacob 7pts each
Maher 2 pts
Farle 2pts

For the Breakers Melzer 14 pts and Bailey (his best game yet?) 10 pts

Reply #56619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2nd Quarter

Rychart
25pts, 5Rebs

Forman
8pts, 9Rebs

Reply #56620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ your killing me. I thought I had it in before you then. Oh well. GO RYCHART

Reply #56621 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Good to see we can lead without maher or farley having an impact. Oscar looks to be doing pretty damn well (cant really tell from live scores). and rychart just amazes me week after week. GO SIXERS

Reply #56623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good to see that Jacoib and Dusty really can step up when needed. Wish i was at the game looks (from the live scores) a great one by Dusty he's even hitting 3's POTW coming his way hopefully

Reply #56628 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Sixers win by 21. Rychart ends up with 44 and 13. Very good team effort with farley and maher only getting 11 and 10 points respectively.

Reply #56632 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

By the way, rees and rychart both his a 3 pointer.

Reply #56633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

excellent win by the boys finishing 122 to 101

Dusty 44 and 13 rebounds
Jacob 16 and 6 rebounds
Oscar 13 and 10 rebounds

good to get the win and hopefully the POTW

Reply #56636 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Anyone who was at the game, was it a shaky start? Going by the live scores it was either a case of Dusty was the only one who could score OR they couldn't stop Dusty so we kept going to him, still took a while to build a good lead.

Great win, and great game by Dusty!

Reply #56639 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I don't think it was as much a shakey start as NZ actually playing well. Melzer started off great and Pepper played really well. Maher and Farley never got going: Farley looked disinterested, though they did have 15 assists between them, and Dusty was just everywhere. He moved beautifully off the ball. He was brilliant today.

I'm usually the first one to bag Paul Rees when he plays badly, so it would only be fair for me to say that he played a fantastic game today, even swishing the croud-pleasing trey. Oscar rebounded well, as did Cooper, and Holmes hit a couple of catch-and-shoot threes, which was great to see.

I'm still concerned about Nash though. He was playing shooting guard for most of his 14 minutes today, and this won't work as he DOESN'T want to shoot. The offence gets thrown off when he's in the game as the quick ball movement stops.

Having Jason Gillespie there at halftime drew a parallel for me: he and Nash are two very obviously great blokes who have had long and distinguised careers, and they are both looking into the past for their best. It worries me that Nash's minutes come at the expense of Holmes, Forman, and today Hill, for these guys are the future of the club.

Overall a good win, an excellent TEAM effort even with Dusty starring, against an opponent that did not want to lie down.

Reply #56645 | Report this post

duke82  
Years ago

Yeah, it was good to see the sixers register a big win without neither Maher or Farley having an excellent game.

Reply #56647 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

was anyone annoyed at smyth taking dusty off when he had a good shot at 50 points? also where was hill's playing time. As people said brett and willie were not lighting it up, i would have thought that was a good time to give hill more minutes.

Reply #56653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dusty asked to come off in the first

Reply #56659 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

People's thoughts on Melzer's dunks?

The reverse was nice but the one on Coop would be awesome again in replay.

Reply #56661 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I was watching live scores on nbl.com and i was annoyed that they took him off in the last quarter. But then again i couldnt see what was going on in the game, so it could've been perfectly justified. Has dusty ever scored 50 points in a game before (in his whole career)

Reply #56663 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dusty usually calls his own subs, which is why he came off in the first quarter after that brilliant run. Then they put him back on to break his previous career high (40) and kept him out to get the NBL season high (previously 42).

Reply #56664 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i just meant the sub in the last with like 4mins to go. Just thought it would have been nice to see him try for the 50.

Reply #56669 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

dusty calls his own subs?????

Reply #56684 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From time to time, yes.

Reply #56688 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

thats coz he is da man!

Reply #56705 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

49 is the Sixers franchise scoring record, but apparently the bench didn't realise that Dusty was so close to it. Might be that people recognise Al Green as an Adelaide player and assume that his 71 was for the 36ERS?

Reply #56707 | Report this post

ai  
Years ago

does anyone know what the name of the navy seal who mooned brisbane is i would like to contact him if possible.did anyone see the inflatable sheep at the game they were pretty kool

Reply #56752 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Dusty missed 4 Free Throws & a couple of lay-ups in the last quarter. He looked pretty much "stuffed" and really had opportunities to get to 50.

I really didn't think he had much left "in the tank."

Stats bench were really hoping he could get 50, but it wasn't to be. Maybe this week, on FOX, hey Dusty! Be good for the CV!

Reply #56757 | Report this post

MC  
Years ago

As far as I'm aware Al Green's 71 was for West Adelaide in the early days of the NBL.
Anyone welcome to correct me if I'm wrong.
Pity I missed the game, would've been sweet to see Dusty turning on a show!

Reply #56758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know the seals name but I dont think he'd like me to tell you! He's coped enough grief!

Reply #56759 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

It was more than one seal responsible for the mooning.

Reply #56768 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

good ol' seals..... providing some entertain EVEN before the game!!!

Reply #56783 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

for sale 2 platic blow up sheep 1 black 1 white, the black one's name is anna the white one is called eva.Both have been used as groupies by the breakers and are looking for a new home, prefer to stay together as they work well as a double act.
All ofers considered

Reply #56807 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I too was pissed they took Dusty off in the last, it was the only interesting thing left in a laclustre game.

Dusty the gentleman would never complain. Could you see Willy jogging to the bench on 44points with 3min to go??

Reply #56821 | Report this post

ai  
Years ago

hey bizzy i think i know who all u navy seals r and i was out the front of the stadium when the big fella mooned brisbane as the came in but there was only one butt butt we saw.i reckon all the rest of u chickened out.

Reply #56908 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Think you'd be surprised mate.

Reply #56909 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Was one of those butts yours bizzy?

Reply #56910 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Would never be me.

Reply #56920 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:14 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754