Isaac
Years ago

Round 9 POTW - your pick?

Dusty had 19 and 5 and 44 and 13 as the Sixers split their weekend.

Other competition might be Dave Thomas who had 20 and 8 and then 19 and 12 in a pair of wins.

Or Saville's 20 and 14 plus 12, 20 and 6 as the Hawks went 2-0 in QLD.

Or Ballinger's 29 and 14 plus 17 and 15 in that same 2-0 trip.

Or probably the main contender, Shawn Redhage, who had 22 and 11, then 29 and 8, as the Wildcats beat Adelaide and Brisbane.

Do you give it to Dusty's huge game at home over lowly NZ, or to Redhage helping knock off two fancied teams? Given that he's won it already, I wouldn't be surprised if they go with Redhage, Sav or Ballinger -- after all, in a past round they've overlooked Harvey's 39 point game.

Topic #4931 | Report this topic

Fezlington  
Years ago

Its a tough one...i would probably go Saville...20 rebounds from a SG/SF

Reply #56715 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

44 points is a huge effort especailly considering mins played too, otherwise Sav's big rebounding weekend.

Reply #56722 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

Sixers did win by 20, but how important was it for Dusty to get 44pts. Basically he was the big 3, carrying the team. Would you rate his 44 as more important to Adealaide's win than another player who hits around his average in 2 games with team mates also reaching averages.

Reply #56723 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

forgot to add that 20 rbnds by Saville is also huge.

Be very close between Saville and Dusty I think.

Reply #56724 | Report this post

Can they split POTW?

Sav might just get the nod due to the 2 W's.

What team has had the most POTW awards won against them, possibly the NZers?
They are Mutton dressed up as lamb.

Ballinger's 2 big games isn't good enough for POTW but it might have earned him the SMAFBS.

The Saved My Ass From Being Sacked Award.

Brendan Joyce was also up for the same award but it usually goes to the player first.

Reply #56729 | Report this post

Regular Poster  
Years ago

Give it to Dusty or Redhage.

Dusty's weekend 63 pts and 18 rebounds in 70 mins of play. 1 win 1 loss.

Or

Redhage 's weekend 51 pts & 19 reb in 81 mins played , 2 wins !

I watched that game Saville played in vs Townsville (who stink right now!!) - if you are going to consider the 'level of competition' given by opposition then you must downgrade the worth of Saville's 20 board game, the same as you might with Dusty's points v the Breakers.

Last year i was impressed by Saville and would have called him the best "3 spot" in the league - but after watching him play ( a few times )and put up rubbish shots and make little of scoring opportunities given to him i'm scratching my head.

He shot 4 of 20 from the field, which is horrible, and if Casey Cavalry had not been in foul trouble Saville would have struggled against him and Abney on the boards. Newley was not fit (ankle) and could not keep up with Saville on the break and the Crocs had no-one else to guard him - yet still 4/20 ???

Reply #56733 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

another question then..

How should the POTW be determined?
Should it be by stats only(maybe they lie!) or by a summary of the game and the overall impact of an individual player including stats which steered their team to a win.

I'm not going to apologise for my obvious bias here...

Reply #56734 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Its hard to look past 44 points and being the best in the whole league this season. Top that with 13 rebounds plus his stats in the Perth game which weren't too shabby either. If Dusty doesn't win it, then there is a problem with how the selection is made.

Reply #56738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rychart for sure, he set the tone and built the lead against NZ.

Its not like Adelaide were up 30 at the half and he had 40 in 2nd half!

No Rychart yesterday and Nz get the W

Reply #56748 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:05 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754