TR
Years ago

Schenscher Waived by Kings

Bad luck to the big fella, just on the eve of the new season. I'd almost say here's to Europe, or could of the Razorback knew before the offical news came out and released Blackburn to get Luke....

Article link

Topic #4944 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

For what it's worth, it looks like he was the last person cut. Came down to between Luke and Sampson for the last roster stop.

Reply #56861 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

its a shame, you would think he is done for the NBA at the moment. Well at least he got to play in that environment and know knows more than he did last year. Would be nice to see him here at some point.

Reply #56863 | Report this post

michaelredd  
Years ago

dont really know why you guys rate him so highly

Reply #56904 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Its not all bad, he signed a contract, so they still have to pay him or buy out his contract, and he is free to play anywhere else...

Reply #56905 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

He's rated highly because he is 7 foot, has good hands and is a reasonable rebounder/shot blocker. His college numbers show he can play the game.

Reply #56907 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hey bout we rate him cause we are bias of South Australian talent potentionally playing in the NBA. His contract was only for preseason. There is very little to pay out.

Reply #56921 | Report this post

Froggy  
Years ago

There'll be nothing to pay out it would of be unguaranteed.

Reply #56926 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Schenscher is lucky he didnt make an nba team because it would have been an embarrasment for him and all his fans watching him sit on the bench for 47 mins come on and get out rebounded, rejected, and then dunked on. Coz thats all he's good for in that league. He'll have a better career playing in europe.

Reply #56944 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

harsh, but sadly accurate.

Reply #56946 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

I agree Europe is probably his best option at the moment because they have been looking for more players and it would be a good learning experience for him.
Bad luck that he was dropped right before the start of his NBA season though...

Reply #56953 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Hope he plays for adelaide at some point in his career!

Reply #56954 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Teams will continue to sign him to non or partially guarenteed contracts because he's a legitimate 7 footer, with good hands for his size....however he will be outrebounded, rejected, and dunked on and not make the 15-man roster.

Reply #56968 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

What's up with you today M Dizzle??

Let people be happy for the guy for even making it into training camp .

So far reports of his efforts have been good. Let's just wait and see what happens . He has shown he can put on some bulk (and will need to keep at it) and the 2 teams that have looked at him have had nothing but praise for his work ethic .

I wasnt a big fan of Luke early on (his first yrs at college)and i thought he was selected to the Boomers squad prematurley - but give the guy a break, he's ojut there trying to do himself and all of us proud -- jeez !

Reply #56973 | Report this post

Your off ya head!  
Years ago

What is wrong with you M Dizzle? Havent got over Schens working you before? Thats all it sounds like!

Reply #56990 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

sour grapes one feels

Reply #57033 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

I have no bad feelings towards Luke and i think he's done very well for himself but i just do not think he has an nba game. Lets hope he proves me wrong!

Reply #57048 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

m dizzle, remember Chris Dudley, Cadillac Anderseon, Blair Rasmussen, Alla Abdelnaby, Randy Bruer, Bill Wennington, Dwayne Schnitzus and Brad Lohaus all got signed to rosters and all saw playing time.

Based on the above, Luke should be an all-star by 2009.

Reply #57050 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

They were all alot physically stronger then Luke and they didnt play against the likes of kg, stoudemire etc

Reply #57054 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

No, they played against the likes of Robinson, Ewing, Olajowan, Mourning and Shaq.

Those guys were not all tanks. Bill wennington was a skinny guy with a beard, Randy Bruer had a comb-over and Dwayne Schnitzus was constantly mistaken for a common counter meal served with gravy and chips.

If these guys can make it, with some extra pounds there is no reason why Luke can't have a crack.

Reply #57063 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

"Jordan to Wennington".

Reply #57072 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Libertine, that phrase still haunts Knicks fans.

Reply #57109 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

The NBA game has changed, teams prefer strong versatile athletic big men. In that era chances are luke would have made a roster however the need of a legitimate 7 footer coming off the bench to plug the middle for stretches of games is no longer as strong.

Reply #57120 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

M.Dizzle ,

How then , does weakling Darko get a run then ?
He's a little younger -yes, but less ready than Luke .

Reply #57131 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Completely different players, darko does not fit into that mould. Joe Dumars drafted darko 2nd overall and has played/plays on a team with a frontline of ben wallace, rasheed wallace, antonio mcdyess, elden campbell, derrick coleman, dale davis. Luke Schenscher didnt make the nuggets roster who's back up centre is Francisco Elson, or the Kings who went with Jamal Sampson.

I'd say there's more than a slight difference between their situations.

Once again not a Darko lover or a Luke hater, just calling it as i see it. Darko has more potential and better skills then Luke.

Reply #57141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darko is actually athletic. He's not the "stand there and plug up the middle" type. Not saying Luke is, but he'd be more suited to that role than Darko. We also have to remember that it's not like Luke dominated in college, so we can't get ahead of ourselves and just assume he's NBA material right away. Hopefully he is soon though. And I wouldn't hate too much on Cadillac Anderson. He DID average a double-double in one season (11.5ppg, 11.5rpg in 1991-92 for Denver).

Reply #57228 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The only two things comparable between Darko and Luke arethey both weren't born in the States and that they are seven foot.

I get what Diz is on about. The centre position has changed heaps in the last 3 or 4 years. Forget the old plodding 7 foot stiff, only plays back to basket type of style (Luke's style). The only true old school centre still left is Shaq and Deke. The game was become so quick that teams can't really afford to have a plodding centre.

If Luke played against Chris Dudley, Cadillac Anderseon, Blair Rasmussen, Alla Abdelnaby, Randy Bruer, Bill Wennington, Dwayne Schnitzus and Brad Lohaus then he would be fine and hold his own. He can't and won't against the like of Amare and such.

Ten years ago being 7 foot got you a roster spot. Today it doesn't. Have a look at the mobility of players compared to 3 years ago, compared to 5 years ago, compared to 10 years ago. There are now PF's that are 7 foot. 10 years ago their wasn't one.

Reply #57240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

10 years ago the only 7 foot PF was Kevin Willis. He eventually evolved into a centre though because he got too onld and slow for the PF spot later in his career. Now two of the best players in the game, Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, are 7 foot PFs. So the game is definately changing. Personally, I think it's for the better. I don't enjoy seeing big slow logs just standing around taking up space.

Reply #57389 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Bring back the SKYHOOK !!
There is a lot that can be said for a running game - but how good was Bill Russell ? Jump hooks - step thru's, soft hands around the basket - all great skills to watch. Dont want to kill it off entirely!

Reply #57404 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

This thread has somewhat turned into the role of an nba bigman these days. I'm sure many people saw the Bucks vs Nets game...how good is Nenad Krstic? That boy has some great post-moves and a great touch around the basket.

Reply #57406 | Report this post

An intercepted transmision from a local TV station in the US, DleagueTV1....

"Ladies & Gentlemen, welcome back to the Albuquerque Community Centre for the 2005 NBA D-League draft. Since you last left us, Florida and Fayettville have had there selections in the second round, now we await Fort Wayne's choice.

Lets go to to the stage where NBDA Commisioner has the Flyers choice..."

"With the 3rd Pick, of the Second Round of the NBA D-League, the Fort Wayne Flyers select....Luke Schenscher from Georgia Tech.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/dleague/draft_board_05.html

Reply #57426 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:32 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754