Double Clutch
Years ago

Wednesday Sixers game at 3:15pm?

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/fixture/default.asp

Check the 26th of January.

Personally Sunday games at 3:15pm are a bit too early for my liking, anyone agree? Much rather around 5:30pm or so on a Sunday, (imagine, have a big Saturday, go to bed at 7 or so, wake up 2 or so and go the Dome??? Too early!!!!)

Topic #496 | Report this topic

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

DC,

Hopefully you are aware that 26 January is AUSTRALIA DAY and will be a Public Holiday, so 3.15pm is probably not that bad then, as spectators will be home in time for Dinner, with back to work the next day. There is also a Day/Night VB Series Cricket Match between Australia & West Indies in Adelaide that day, so if you have the money and the energy, you could go from the basketball to Adelaide Oval and watch the night session of the Cricket.

Reply #4090 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Alternatively, you could keep with tradition and just go to the cricket, as I have every year that we haven't gone to the Eltham carnival. Basketball is going to lose on that day!

Reply #4093 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Yeah I agree Libertine. Cricket is a tradition, and I doubt the 6ers will draw too many away from Adelaide Oval.

Reply #4097 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

HAHAHAHA I Suck. Australia day of course.

Sorry, I don't celebrate Australia day, (more like a genocide day) so totally forgot about it.

Good idea thought. I think going head to head with cricket on Australia day is what we need to do. Time for administrators to have some guts because I'm sick of the one option on certain holidays, (football or cricket). If only one sport is played on a particular day of course it will dominate. Now let's just hope someone promotes it!

Reply #4112 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

And of course, go to the basketball, and then head off to Bonython Park for Skyshow 21.

Recommend stopping off at the Chicken Shop at Grange Rd Findon for dinner on the way to Skyshow....best chips in SA!!!

Reply #4195 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Double clutch wrote "Sorry, I don't celebrate Australia day, (more like a genocide day)".

What a terrible comment. Australia Day is a day for all Australians, regardless of colour, background, race, religion or creed. Strewth, I get tired of people making that sort of comment.

Sorry to make a political statement guys, but that one gave me the irits.

Reply #4244 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

australia day is not a day for EVERYone. if u were someone of indigenous descent , u may see it as a day recognising invasion of this country and how white people have imposed their culture on this country. u talk about it being a day for all australians-but that's just really for show. u all go home & the next 364 days of the year u happily will still be racist and prejudice against people who aren't like u (not saying u in particular Moses G) but in general that can happen.

i'm tired of people making ur sort of fake comment when it is such an issue to many non-white people. sorry to make a political statement guys, but i will anyway

Reply #4388 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Yeah sorry, I'm white myself, and as a mod maybe I shouldn't have bought it up on here, but "Australia Day" makes my skin crawl. I want no part of it.

Take back the sorry bit actually, I'm not sorry I said it, just sorry I've gone a bit off topic. Too bad no one else in this country is sorry.

Reply #4410 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

It's just sorry sorry sorry all round. At least we can agree to disagree and smile about it. If we were all U14 Div5 or still playing in the high school comp, we'd be tearing strips off each other by now!

Reply #4414 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

HAHAHA. I wouldn't mind it if they let me play in the High School comp again at my age. Oh well.

Reply #4494 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:35 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754