Anonymous
Years ago

Melbourne's Mic guy

melbourne has the stipidist microphone person in the NBL.

I have a holiday in melbourne, decided to go to Tigers V Hunter (i'm a big sixer fan) so i go for no one. The stadiums small can hardly fit 2500. very quite until these people behind me scream out like Port supporters. Just disgusting. Then you here the mic guy saying this **** and goes DT to DC theres DM to DS... LC swish!
he says exxactly that. I mean saying the letters of the first and last name. n the timeouts the mic guy sings. He is **** at it but it doesn't stop him.

Melbourne=Bizzare
Mic Guy=Mental (Should go to Glenside)
Tigers fans=uneducated, idiots

Topic #5010 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

it used to be a relative of andrew gaze's a brother in law

he was good he even went to the olympics as a court announcer in sydney and got a bronze medal game

perhaps with andrew and lindsay retiring even more has changed.

Reply #57526 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Are you sure it used to be a relative of Andrew and Lindsay?

They have the same mic guy who they have had for the past .... years (probably as long as Drewey has been playing).

If you remember a few years ago Titans vs Tigers there was an incident involving said mic guy and Brian Goorjian - apparently some inappropriate things were said over the mic and Goorjian retaliated calling the mic guy scar face.

Reply #57537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

scar face is a relative of andrews
pretty positive its his sisters husband

Reply #57539 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Drewey's sisters husband is Nigel Purchase (who played a few games in the NBL) commentates for SEN (Sports Radio that covers Tigers home games) and is NOT scar face.

Reply #57551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well then he might be his wife's brother but i still believe they are related

Reply #57568 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

The mike guy and crowd used to do a very good 'And Bradtke says/said NO' every time he rejected someone.

Reply #57711 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

and teh ref said foul... that still happens, although replaced with Anstey or Stiff.

Reply #57809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andrew Gaze married his best mate's sister.

Reply #57810 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:27 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754