kb
Years ago

Wayville (6-8pm) or The Dome (2-4pm) Sundays???

what up ballers? the pick-up action last night at the wayvile sports center got off to an ankle-breaking start. it was standing room only..............zane reeves and i were the only ones standing and i repeatedly broke his ankles! the infamous doubleclutch and his homey graced us with their presence, along with an unknown baller who came in looking for some action. i had over ten text messages all along the same lines, "oh, sorry kb, i totally forgot it was this sunday", and "oh sorry mate, i already had dinner plans". my fault,i'll take the blame. i was totally "slack" in the two weeks leading up to last night. however it's obvious that 6-8pm on a sunday evening is not a good time for many of you. therefore, i put forward the question now and i need your input. 6-8pm on sunday evenings at wayville sports center or 2-4pm on sunday evenings at the dome? please post what's good for you and by sunday coming we should at least have enough for some two on two action, then three on three, and away we go! the rules have changed somewhat. you still don't have to pay, just bring your game. we will play 5 vs 5 (eventually), to seven points by ones. first team to seven wins. skunk rule in effect, (e.g. 5-0 or 6-1). winners play winners and losers...........well, you know. no clocks, refs, coaches (unless they got a wicked jumpshot) and no structure. players and spectators must sign waivers. anyone under the age of 18, must have their parent or legal guardian sign on their behalf. power to the pick-up!

Topic #5032 | Report this topic

potsie  
Years ago

Definitely the dome at 2pm Brooks. Much better time for me to make you look silly.

Reply #57818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KB 6-8 at wayville best 4 me and a couple of others

Reply #57821 | Report this post

Joe John  
Years ago

wayville!! , we gotta finish exams first KB !?!

i think you got the right time and venue, just too many people who talk it up on hoops sa, rather than on the court.

when exams finish, itll be time to fire off a few on court, and then kick back and fire a few more fat ones post play.

Reply #57823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

also, more reminders in the lead up each week for sure. i'm not a player but a potential spectator and i completely forgot it was on.

Reply #57825 | Report this post

I'd prefer the 6-8 at the wayville, but im not too fussed either way. The rims at wayville are easier on the hands when im dunking on everyone.

Reply #57830 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

KB, what about flyers produced and handed out at the sixers games by the ticket sellers. I'm sure that could be a reasonable sponsorship situation for BASA or even the clubs to support.

If this can be arranged, I'll hand them out at the game(s).

What would the cost be to produce A5 size info sheets and some A3 posters at each club?

Reply #57831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many are we talking here? 100? 500? 1,000?

For 100 A5's your looking at about $200 for the printing (digital) - sure someone on here would hook you up with some artwork...

But who wants to pay??

Reply #57838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry why would the clubs want to support this - potential damage to some of their players.

no income revenue
the list could go on

Reply #57849 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Because it's all basketball and it's something potentially fun?

Reply #57855 | Report this post

croc hunter  
Years ago

dome for me as spectator

Reply #57863 | Report this post

TMan4  
Years ago

dome

Reply #57872 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

i vote 4 the dome.... easier to get to and better for spectators

Reply #57874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wayville

Reply #57887 | Report this post

D-lin  
Years ago

Wayville would be better from a spectators viewpoint because you would be able to hear the trash better. Heck bring your own comfy chair if you want to.

Reply #57892 | Report this post

My$0.02  
Years ago

Yeah Definatly wayville from a spectator point of view.

Reply #57898 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Haha. Infamous only because you dropped my name. One thing I notice in this post:

"players and spectators must sign waivers"

Now I know you have a killer cross-over KB, but surely my ankles won't get broken watching you on the side of the court that spectators have to sign waivers?

As a spectator I prefer 6 to 8 at Wayville.

Reply #57910 | Report this post

S Vidmar  
Years ago

dome 2-4

Reply #57913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wayvilles got my vote.
I just hope its not still going when I get back because you don't want none of the cheesedick!

Reply #57915 | Report this post

es_K_pizm  
Years ago

Bugger the ticket sellers, If you are anything like me I walk away REAL fast if I see one of them bastards coming my way smiling at me.

Id love to see KB's Summer Pick Up league work. I have a idea on how to generate a buzz, Everyone interested , players and spectators will need to chip in. Most of us have computers with printers (im guessing) Make up our own posters with details of the pick up games where its at and whatever else. have a hoops sa logo and address on there for info,and cos this site is the best,(good work Isaac!) say 20 people print out a promo poster, and photocopy 10 copys each thats 200 posters.Its easy and its a start. I already have one made up on publisher its basic . If anyone wants to do it and cant be stuffed designing it on publisher mail me at [email protected] and I will send the one I have made your way. Just need to fill in the details like where and when it will be played (my flyer says Wayville 6-8pm)but just change that if venue changes to the dome. maybe a phone number info line type deal would be good. Well, its all just an idea, I hope it proves usefull. Id like to see this get up and running well in the future. BIG PROPS!! to KB for the time and effort he is putting towards making this happen. Your a champ and a top bloke. I will show up this Sunday at dome or wayville to check it out. Take it easy everyone.
Long live the pick-up!!
and go sixers.
-K

Reply #57917 | Report this post

es_K_pizm  
Years ago

I vote wayville.

Reply #57918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DC, I reckon the spectators have to sign waivers just to make sure they don't sue the stadium or even KB if they fall down the stairs/seating or when walking past a court cop a ball to the face etc. It's just safety precautions to cover his and the stadiums ass if something goes wrong.

Reply #57921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can i just ask whats this for

Reply #57936 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

High-level pick-up games of basketball, with spectators welcome to watch. Organised by Kevin Brooks.

Reply #57937 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Wayville is my preference KB. I'll bring my lunch pail and get to work down in the paint.

Reply #57940 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

6 - 8 Wayville for sure...we need to enjoy those sunday avo's at the beach and what not...

Reply #58235 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:17 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754