MW
Years ago

Bogut's NBA prospects

What year of college is Bogut in? What is a realistic prospect for him in the NBA draft when he nominates? Top 10? Olympics certainly have done him no harm when the time comes.

Topic #507 | Report this topic

Libertine  
Years ago

He's just finished Freshman year, a projected draft has him going first round in 2006, expect him to finish college - also expect Schenser to get drafted first round next year.

Looking strong in the bigs department for Beijing, with Anderson doing well in Europe.

Reply #4345 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Thinking Beijing then...what would be our projected starting line up?

Reply #4354 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Assuming Nielsen makes the NBA as well - pretty decent squad, let alone side:

Bogut
Nielsen
Anderson
Schenser
Markovic
Newley
Vanderjagt
Bruce
(all the 2003 Emu class....etc)
Holmes
CJ?

Gotta think some more young guns will shoot out of nowhere, maybe a Daniel Dillon or Luke Neville or Luke Kendall. This is a bright generation of Aus ballers.

Reply #4396 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I don't think Daniel Dillon is that flash. I think he will go AWOL soon enough.

Neville is huge & Kendall seems to have talent.

Glaring omission from those listed is Stephen Black, who HAS to make it in 2008. He'll be in his prime at 27/28 and is already better than CJ anyhow.

Reply #4415 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

I don't think Bogut will finish college. I think he'll go one more year, and nominate for the draft and get picked up as a lottery pick.

Reply #4420 | Report this post

tizzle  
Years ago

We could also have Martin Iti, who also just completed his freshman year (at Charlotte). He is touted to be an eventual NBA player...

Reply #4574 | Report this post

tizzle  
Years ago

Oh yeah, also Ian Crosswhite from Oregon (think he just completed his junior year) is a goer by all reports.

That gives a front court of Bogut, Nielsen, Andersen, Schenscher, Iti and Crosswhite. World class.

Reply #4576 | Report this post

C-MOCK  
Years ago

Bogut will go lottery pick in 2005 draft

Reply #4594 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

All we need is a world class coach to go along with it :-)

Reply #4596 | Report this post

tizzle  
Years ago

Man, party at my house if Bogues ends up on my Sonics :D

Reply #4609 | Report this post

Dohhh!  
Years ago

You need to have a closer look at Iti's stats line. Something like 2pts and 2.5 rebs per game in an average conference. Not quite inspiring.

And Luke Nevill. C'mon, the guys struggled at U/18 national's, again look at the box scores.

Hey they might develop, but how many guys in our curretn team have improvd from the US College system. And before you say Bogut, remember that he was the World U/19's MVP before he went to Utah

Reply #4640 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

i wonder how bogtu would do in the nba. he is a very good player with heaps of pertenshal.

Reply #4901 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Iti kind of embarrssed himself in the media by nominating for this year's draft...

Neville has size, Dillon has court smarts, and Arizona and Utah are strong teams in strong conferences. I think they'll improve - don't forget half the U19 team that won last year are all in the 'system' too.

Reply #4918 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

He got a good wrap on the nba.com website:

http://www.nba.com/athens2004/scout_athens_040831.html

Reply #5513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Dillons the bomb! He should be in the team for sure.

Reply #36520 | Report this post

Thoburne  
Years ago

Daniel Dillon Is a mate of mine, and i was speaking to him the other day and he has been at the boomers training camp so i think he will be in the team for sure and whoever said hes not that flash you obviously havnt seen him play,give him a couple of years at arizona and he has a chance to make the NBA maybe not a high pick but will be there atleast

Reply #42072 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Luke Neville is a champ!

He is the friendly giant off the court, but don't get in his way on the court.

I am a friend of his, and I want it to be known that I have rejected him once or twice.

Thats my claim to fame anyway!

Reply #44313 | Report this post

hey  
Years ago

Reply #144512 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:50 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754