cheezeburger
Years ago

hawks 2005 draft

the hawks picked up marvin williams at pick 2.

should the hawks of chosen deron williams or chris paul instead?

Topic #5080 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

How many games for the year will the hawks win should be the question?

16-20?

Reply #58391 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

If they went for a point guard, why would they pursue Joe Johnson? Give it time and a trade Cheeze, and it'll come together.

PS. Childress and Josh Smith are overrated.

Reply #58394 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

childress is affecting the whole team.he doesnt fit in.he should be traded.he doesnt do a 2 guard/sg's job.like boris diaw he doesnt fit in the hawks set up.idealy we would want a natrual pg JJ jsmith harrington ZaZa.

Reply #58401 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

it seems the weight josh smith put on to bulk up is affective his quickness and leap.

Reply #58402 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

yeah good idea Cheeze - pull the trigger on another panic trade and probably end up worse off again. How about you just let the Hawks work a bit longer than 4 games with what theyve got before hitting the panic button. Noone (except for you) expected the Hawks to do anything again this year, rather develop some of their players and build a team thats NBA calibre.

Reply #58407 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

i think williams was a silly choice when they could of got a player they actually need. so what if he MIGHT end up a great player, a point man wouldve been better for atlanta. wait, they do have tyron lue and royal ivey....

Reply #58422 | Report this post

The Atlanta Hawks will struggle to win 10 games this year

Reply #58427 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I always thought that Deron or CP3 would of been a better pick for the Hawks. If they couldn't get priority one filled with a centre (we all know who), then they should of filled the next most important position on the court, a true PG. CP3 will be something special whilst Marvin will just be another dime-a-dozen average swingman.

Reply #58443 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Don't feel too bad though Cheeze. There's always the Raptors and the Knicks - you'll win those games.

Reply #58444 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Hawks need to stick with what they've got and not take any shortcuts. Build throught the draft and pick up a legit PF or Centre. They spent their money on JJ and Harrington, and have drafted Smith, Childress, Williams, and stoudemire. If they stick together and improve their chemistry this team has the ability to be very dangerous in transition, especially with Tyronn Lue pushing the ball up the floor.

Reply #58453 | Report this post

Morph  
Years ago

Yep Atlanta are a bunny team this season ... maybe that should be their new nickname lol

Reply #58454 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Atlanta were done the day they traded Dom Wilkins. Was still a great player!

Reply #58458 | Report this post

Crazy Joe Davola  
Years ago

Quite an interesting topic. So much so that I am clearing space in my calendar for future Atlanta Hawks lottery pick "analysis" this time next year, the year after, the year after that....in fact every year for the next 20 years....

Reply #58480 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Only 20 years?

Reply #58484 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Moses, I think the winner of the PRP and the Seals goes on to play the Knicks -- winner of that game takes the NY franchise...

Reply #58527 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

im bad thing is the projected number pick in draft 2006 is another sf-rudy gay.f**k sake.yeah we will beat the knicks and new orleans.thats about it.

ps salim stoudamire should be our pg,tyron lue is a nothing player.

Reply #58563 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

They should of resigned Tom Gugliotta, bad mistake.

Reply #58599 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Josh Smith definately overrated. Already has a massive ego, and what has he done? Nothing...

They will continue to suck for years to come. How long before JJ gets tired of losing, realising what he lost from phoenix, and requests a trade to another successful team??

Reply #58778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nobody says they have to draft Rudy Gay. Andrea Bargani, Josh McRoberts and LaMarcus Aldridge or even Shelden Williams or Tiago Splitter all look like decent PF picks, or they could get Daniel Gibson who is a PG. By the way the Raptors are playing, they seem to have Rudy Gay all to themselves at this stage.

Reply #59486 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

i think that josh mcroberts is more of a three than a four.

Reply #59490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McRoberts = 6'10" / 240lbs with great athleticism (almost won the HS dunk contest last year). He could be a good SF, but from what I've read he's more of an inside player.

Reply #59492 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

McRoberts is an inside banger, that can extend to the three. Troy Murphy from the Warriors type of player, but a little more athletic. He is listed as a PF for the Blue Devils. Don't think he's quick enough to play the SF in the NBA.

If the Hawks get the first pick then maybe they should actually look at trading it for some quality vets or exchange picks plus cash/player with a team down a little lower on the board. Say the Bobcats. I'd swap the 4th pick plus Brevin Knight or Melvin Ely for the 1st.

I'm sure the Hawks could get something decent if they traded the 1st pick plus Harrington.

Days of drafting Euro's with lottery picks is gone. No team will be willing to lose a pick like the Magic did last draft with Vasquez. Lottery players are drafted to make improvements to the team, not play overseas.

Another good thing about next years draft. The Knicks have lost their lottery pick to Chicago. Good work Isiah....

Reply #59497 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Cheeze would excited with Salim overnight - 24 in the last quarter?! If this team can work itself out and establish a team style/identity - they could be very good in 2 years or so. A couple of smart trades (they're overloaded with swingmen) would help too.

Reply #59498 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:28 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754