wm
Years ago

The Western Magic Club

If you are interested to know more about our club, here it is. We were approached by certain players of the Magic social teams, they asked could we ever be apart of the District competition. So we looked into it, we met all the criteria that was needed for both Senior & Junior level. I don't think some people relise how much work went into this club being approved by BASA. We have a great bunch of players who just want to enjoy playing basketball in the district competition. All teams were nominated in their correct divisions eg Senior Men Div 5 - Senior Women Div 2 or 3 - U/20 Div 1 - U/18B Div 2 - U/18G Div 3 & U/14 Girls Div 3 or 4. We were told from BASA when the teams were nominated that we would have to except whatever division we were placed in because we are a new club to the Association. Also that we will be able to play in higher division, if the team proves to be to strong for the current grade. Teams can only be put into a higher division at the end of each season, not during. The club committee will always do what they can to ensure these teams play in their correct division. To end off we are committed to our players of the club and look to being apart of the district competiton for a very long time.

Topic #5084 | Report this topic

U forgot about approching current district players which last time i knew that was illegel to do at junior level.So u started the club by breaking the rules sounds like the barrosa again on a bigger scale.

Reply #58433 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

starting in lower grades is what any new club has had to do - work your way up.

I am still not sure if the "magic" are good or not for our competition.
If it means kids playing, that would not be - it is good.
However Woodville and West could have benefitted from extra teams in some grades.

I have one question.

Was your club formed from anti Woodville / West politics ? or from a need to create another club in the Western / North Western suburbs.

Reply #58438 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

your uniforms look good - see how the white stands up to a few seasons of wear and tear.

Reply #58439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The uniforms are a rip off of the Orlando Magic uniforms. Just be hopefully the real Magic don't get involved like another S.A. club is struggling with at the moment.

Reply #58450 | Report this post

joke  
Years ago

Your so called fabricated club is just another example of district basketball losing its prestige.

Reply #58452 | Report this post

lawyer  
Years ago

it is interesting - norwood had to get permission from miami heat to use their logo of flaming ball thru hoop - i wonder if magic checked with orlando

Reply #58467 | Report this post

S  
Years ago

You can all stop 'bashing' people who want to play basketball. Some people have nothing better to do than get stuck into others who don't do things the same as they do!
Leave the Magic people to play, and let them continue developing the game in SA.
Don't bother suggesting that I play for the club or am affiliated with them. I am completely separate.

Reply #58470 | Report this post

veteran  
Years ago

s

welcome to life

Reply #58473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

old school hoopsta - "approching current district players which last time i knew that was illegel to do at junior level"

damn you must be old. I don't think there is a club out there who doesn't do this!!!

Reply #58554 | Report this post

wm  
Years ago

This post was set up for people who are really interested in knowing the truth behind why this club was formed.To respond about approaching players from other clubs we haven't needed to, the players that play with Western Magic approached us because they want to be apart of this club.

Reply #58604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get off their backs people....

It is good for the game.
And seeing how this club has been formed may motivate those clubs already a part of the district competition who want to be success stories get off their ass and do something good for themsleves and the sport for once. Rather than throwing their hands in the air and saying - its hopeless!!

Its amazing what the love of the game can achieve. Go Magic - whip ass. Make all this negative wankers shut their mouths.

BTW - I don't play for Magic. I don't play at all.

Reply #58637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your club belongs in a social comp, not district.

Reply #58640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why????

Reply #58859 | Report this post

Years ago

i cant believe u guys have made magic.....half the number of players were of teams from woodville... entering into division 3, and 4 isnt going to get you very far...youre just cheating yourselfs

Reply #59491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In reply to the above. Didn't you read the first post of this thread?? The players approached Magic to get the club up and running. They knew they had to start in lower divisions and will work their way up in future seasons. They are not cheating themselves, merely enjoying their basketball. And by the way, the Under 14 girls who are undefeated to date have only 1 player who has played district.

Reply #59494 | Report this post

ITK  
Years ago

Undefeated in Div 4 WOW!!

Reply #59502 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

take your cult following club somewhere else.doesnt belong in a district comp.

Reply #59504 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

whos your club president by the way?

Reply #59505 | Report this post

undersized pg  
Years ago

is it cameron 'muscleman' mckinnon?

Reply #59510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time to get them into a higher grade. To watch the under 20 boys play against players of the standard that is reflective of the grade is an embaressment. This situation is doing no one any good. The ex district players are slipping in the direction of their opponents. Skill levels are not what they used to be. I hope the boys do not lose too much before they go up a level or two. The supporters are carrying on like they are playing ABA or top grade. Good to support your team but they go over the top. Whar goes around comes around.

Reply #59638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they should have stayed where they were. Alternatively, they should stop playing Friday night and play Div 3 Men. I have no sympathy for people who leave a District club and then complain they are not getting rights that are afforded to District clubs only. If West and Woodville were both healthy it wouldn't be a problem, but they are not!

Reply #59643 | Report this post

the_h0bb1t  
Years ago

this is funny... so many threats and so much bitchin'.... just step on the court and bring it... we've worked our asses off for this chance and we not taking the game, team or club lightly... no matter what division we are in!!!! i mean shit... u/20 div 3 magic have beaten teams by at least 20 pnts (i think) and the last two weeks have gotten tripple digits!!!! so like i said... when its time to play... step up! then you can say how crap/good we are... sorry for sounding cockey... but im dying to play teams that are challanging!!! and i think that, if we make div one, we will prove to be great contenders...

its all about the love...

Reply #60225 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

same thing happened to north with houston, but all charges were dropped when they found out north hardly make any income (well compaired to them anyway) Orlando may do the same thing to western Magic but it wont be worth it to them Magic wouldnt be able to pay them what they want anyways!!!

Reply #60226 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well magic, you dont have a legit big man so i cant see how you will become a powerhouse if you move up the ranks.

Reply #60236 | Report this post

tha_h0bb1t  
Years ago

lol im the big man hahahahaha so when i do move up... bring it on lol...

Reply #60239 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

haha how funny is it gonna be when magic have disbanded in a year or two's time and they will be nothing more than a distant memory. I think its terrible on BASA's part to allow another team in the western suburbs when in particular grades at woodville and west numbers are extremely low. just shows how money hungry they are. its also funny how these guys are talking smack about caining in div 3 , when theyve got a few previous div 1 players. when or if they ever get taken up a div (distant future) they'll be on the recieving end of a few cainings im sure. there not deep enough to compete in div 1, and playin div 3 is a detriment to there game (espicially for the previous div 1 players)

Reply #60243 | Report this post

tha_h0bb1t  
Years ago

we didnt choose to be in div three... we were put there! and i nor we are bragging about caining div 3 but defending ourselves from critics and haters by pushing hard on the court. and of course there will be teams that will cain us... thats a challenge we want!!! thats the kind of bball we wanna play!!! challenging and competitive basketball!!! and they will put us up to div 2 and eventually div 1... i do think we will be good enough when the time comes... and yes i know there's a rule about membered clubs etc... but they've done it before... one example is adelaide uni's womans team were granted a position in div 1 i think it was... so i think we're safe there... mmmmmm so yea im looking forward for the next few years...

Reply #60247 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

your obviously bragging by coming on the forum and posting every time you guys cain some poor sqaud. nobody else gives a running commentary on the status of there squad (barring div 1 men) coz of your attitide your gonna get haters.

Reply #60256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

best way to stop them is by stop replying

every time you reply you give them more press - more opportunity for them to glorify themselves.

Reply #60259 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

your a club with no money and no admin personel.your going no where fast.

Reply #60261 | Report this post

Azza  
Years ago

leave magic alone, shit i played basketball last year with half of these fellas and i know they rather play in a higher grade. i thikn all of the shit all of u's are going on about makes people quit and not enjoy the game.

P.S how is stef sam and iz going haven't seen them for ages?

Reply #60262 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

azza man, from wat i have heard, they look so bored playing div 3 it isnt funny. they just c wats happening before it happens. and apparently stef is losing some of his touch coz he has no one to compete with him. sounds like an excelent move to me. could have been playing abl this year but is playing div 5. ahh well. another talent wasted

Reply #60263 | Report this post

Azza  
Years ago

maybe but i think stef moved because he wants to play basketball for fun and with his mates. so i can understand y he left woodville, its all good he is still a gun.

Reply #60264 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

at least 1/2 of them aren't working for the government or statutory departments/SASI writing hundreds of emails on this site while being paid - may be your CEOs should be made aware that you havent got enough to do but criticise every man and their dog

Reply #60285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

god if that was the case half of us would be out of jobs what else to do with our paid days:)

Reply #60297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

magic for life!

Reply #233371 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:05 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754