Ball
Years ago

Fellas defeat Canberra in double OT

The Fellas have defeated the Canberra Capitals in a spectacular double-overtime game at Wayville. Capitals recruit WNBA All-Star Alana Beard did not disappoint the full house, with 41 points, 6 steals, 4 assists and 11 rebounds (triple double if you want to count the 10 turnovers).
Erin Phillips was outstanding for the Fellas with 31 points and 11 rebounds, and combined with Laura Summerton (23 and 17) to seal the game with a few unbelievable clutch plays.

Topic #5104 | Report this topic

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

this was without a doubt the best womens basketball i've ever seen! Both teams were fantastic!

Reply #58625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great result.

So maybe all this talk about the coach being no good can stop ?!

Reply #58627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldnt go that far anonymous.

Reply #58639 | Report this post

spectator  
Years ago

was the best womens game i have seen. Both teams were amazing. Great to see tracey Braithwate play with confidence, she was awesome for Canberra. Alana Beard was intimidating to watch even in warm ups, she was unbelievable on the court, hitting some huge shots. But Erin Phillips was outstanding hitting clutch shots, taking some huge rebounds, she is an exciting player to watch and cant wait to see what she does next. Jenni Screens defense was awesome!. Should have been game of the week.
Well done girls!!.

Reply #58642 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Was it televised? Will there be a replay today?

Reply #58661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no

Reply #58663 | Report this post

Simon K  
Years ago

Good work girls...well done

Reply #58664 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

i guess they should put the games saturday after all. would of loved to see it.

Reply #58665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What stats did Bogut have?

Reply #58678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gotta love tracey's foul shot...classic

Reply #58697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree jenni screen was good defensively down the stretch, however when your player gets 41 you cant say her defence was awesome can u??

Reply #58706 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

who cares...womens basketball.. boring.

Reply #58712 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Nothing boring about Friday night!
Great game and well done Fellas!
Erin delivered - we had no doubt she would! She is a fantastic role model for the young girls who play this sport.

Reply #58722 | Report this post

OllyK  
Years ago

I would have to agree Jenni Screen game wasn't that good when player can score 41 points on you, Beard couldn't even do that against Perth. Jenni did give it her best though. Erin Phillips Sensational 31 points look out for her in the WNBA next year.

Reply #58753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jenni Screen didnt actually start on Beard, Cherie Smith did, and after she was burnt a few times Screen got switched up onto her. A lot of the damage was done with Cherie defending her not with Jenni.
She was fairly unstoppable tho, anyone who shoots at about 70% from the field has had a good night out!

Reply #58762 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

there wasnt much more Jenni could have done, she was in Beards face the whole time she was gaurding her, Beard had an awesome jump shot and you couldt play any better d than what jenni did. If beard was blowing past jenni, then understanable to think she wasnt playing d, but you cant stop freaky jump shots. Beard was just hot. and when it counted screen got some huge stops.

Reply #58781 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:24 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754