Anon
Years ago

Brett Maher

Just heard that Brett Maher has been subbed out because he tripped and got up a bit wobbly.

Topic #5113 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Paraphrased by someone on OzHoops from the radio call:

holmes misses in the paint. tigers rebound - mac turns it over, coop saves it, throws to foreman who scores. margin back to 10, but mottram drives to sneaky for 2. holmes drives and misses right on the 24 second buzzer, maher tripped off the ball and his head banged into mottram's knee (i think?) - maher looking wobbly has to sub out.

Reply #58682 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Knee into the eye, had some trouble seeing so was subbed out for Hill, came back on not to long after though for Forman.

Reply #58684 | Report this post

known to all  
Years ago

he needs a rest so he can fully recover from his illness. Do we flog him now or save him for finals?

Reply #58698 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

give him a rest a week or two. He is worth more to us fit in the long run than half fit now.

Reply #58710 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

That's the thing - everyone is worth more 'in the long run'.
But everyone is payed to play basketball once/twice a week as their job! Injuries aside, I wish I was paid dollars for performing once/twice a week. Dusty saying in the 'blogs' that the Sixers are in a bit of a slump due to lack of 'fire' (don't see Forman or Holmes in same slump) is a crock to me. Seems some people have too much time on their hands and should concentrate more on doing what they are paid for, injuries aside of course.

Reply #58749 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:54 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754