Ray Gordon
Years ago

Andrew Gaze

Andrew Gaze is the best player Australia has ever had ..... BUT

A few weeks ago on SEN he and Nigel Purchase suggested that the Townsville Crocodiles problems revolved around John Rillie and Robert Rose having issues with each other, maybe the most laughable thing I have ever heard!
Obviously the Crocs have problems but surely they could have made up something better than that!
Tonight they suggested that the Kings David Barlow would be playing for the new Melbourne team next year.
You can't help but think that there may have been some banter between Barlow and the new team, hell it may even become fact but I can't help but think that there is some rumour-mongering, ratings driven, shit stirring bullshit going on at the moment!
And as much as I hope I am wrong, where there is smoke .....?????

Topic #5114 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

I believe the Rillie/Rose rumour actually first come out through Casey at a press conference - he asked Rillie a question about that and everyone was stunned.

As for Barlow leaving the kings and playing for the new victorian side, maybe Goorjian believes its true too only got 7 mins last night as the Kings beat the Breakers?!

Reply #58683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casey got that rumour from Gaze, that was the reason he asked it at the press conference.

Reply #58685 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isn't there an NBL rule about talking to other players about joining your team. I wouldn't be making it public at this stage in the season. The new Melbourne team will have to wait like everyone else to do their recruiting.

Reply #58690 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Rob Rose was asked about this on a Talking hoops a couple of weeks ago and got quite snappy talking about it.

I reckon its BS. He was saying they share lockers next to each other even.

Reply #58763 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:25 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754