Reply #58814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, i'd hate to have the best mens ABL coach taking the reins of the u-20's

(insert sarcasm above)

Reply #58851 | Report this post

dolphin  
Years ago

when are state tryouts for the 20s men??

Reply #58882 | Report this post

kidding  
Years ago

best abl men's coach? You are joking right? Best abl men's football coach maybe.

Reply #58886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

considereing what ABL stands for i dont think its possible to be an ABL football coach!!!???

Reply #58889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he got the coach of the year award so technically he is the best ABL mens coach

Reply #58894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How could the Bear not get the job?

How much more does he need to do?

Does winning last years U/20 State Championships could for nothing?

Reply #58913 | Report this post

anon (#58851)  
Years ago

no offence to the bear, but he spends his day working with kids as his role as the development officer. Yes he has done extensive work in the asst capacity, at state level and norths 20's, but Hill has taken the mavs to a title, and in the following year lost the wollocott medalist, still finaled and won the abl coach of the year award.

THis site would be much more intellectual if people only commented on things they know something about. (direct reference to (#58886))

Reply #58925 | Report this post

Ed  
Years ago

You are kidding...He has coached seniors for several years and only made the playoffs recently when Jacob returned.

I gather then that if Jacob plays, & Brad Hill plays in the next ABA season and they do well he will be an outstanding coach?

Get with the programme!

Nice guy, but not the sort of person to represent our State at this level...yet.

Reply #58940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nice work ed, way to cram two feet into your mouth. A couple of years? Well he's been at Mavs men for around 4-5 years i beleive, so where was he before that?

Oh, that's right, he was head coach of the Sturt Senior Women.

You people either have no idea, or real short memories.

To keep the mavs in the playoff's without Jacob, that's why he's a good coach.

I would take him, a proved and accolade winning senior coach as the state coach over a nice asst coach, who's really only been asst. for a couple of years.

Reply #58951 | Report this post

Ed  
Years ago

Yeah right...How many championships at Sturt then? 0...

So Head coach of the Mavs for 4-5 years then, how many times in the playoffs?

How many times has he coached juniors to championships?

this case is over. stop wasting my time.

Reply #58953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So by that reconing Ed. Which every coach wins the U/20 State Championships this year should be the State Coach next year. Due to their beating the Bear and having a better record in the year close.

Reply #58956 | Report this post

Ed  
Years ago

No...who said the Bear was the best person for the job! Not me. Far from it. I would rather pick my nose than pick him!

Reply #58957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who is your choice then Ed

Reply #58959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so you don't think 4-5 years as head coach, and a title is a good record.

You are a difficult small man to please.

Who would you pick as the coach then o'mighty one?

Reply #58960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all quiet on the eastern front, huh ed?

Reply #58972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, if winning a state champs gets you the following years state gig, the 2006 state coaches should be :

U16 girls - Brenton Johnstone
U16 boys - Bob Hunnerup
U18 girls - Marc Wallis
U18 boys - Kim Jury
U20 women - Dean Whitford
U20 men - Justin Schueller

Maybe "but he won state champs" isn't such a good argument afterall?

Reply #58976 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

I am sure if Richard Hill appplied for the job he would get the job. Has a great resume, and can mould a team. His record speaks for itself.
Anyone suggesting Schueller should or could get it in front of him is uneducated. Schueller is a good coach in my opinion, but not yet of the skill or experience of someone like Richard.

Reply #58978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ED, U20 state coach is more like an ABL coach than a junior coach. He has to deal with short preperation time and blend egos. How can you say Richard Hill would not be a good pick. If you are going to make a comment then back it up. What areas is he lacking that will stop him doing well? Man to man rotations, preparing his team (scouting)or substitution patterns? Or don´t you know? His record over his time at Eastern is good. So you need to find another arguement.

Reply #58985 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

My only gripe would be that Richard Hill is not a part of the U20s world - does he know the players, who to look out for in other teams interstate, what balance they will have? This would be the only concern because of the short amount of time U20s have to prepare. However, it is a prereq of the job so I doubt he would have the job if he doesn't already know all of this!

If he knows the U18/U20 leagues (ie who came up and who is kicking on in 20s/ABL Summer), then there would be no better candidate than the reigning ABL coach of the yerar! Surely!

Reply #58987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which coach in this State would be able to know who is in the other teams. Due to their not being picke yet.

And what is to say that the players who were able to play two years ago will be the same type of players this year.

Surely it's not that hard.
1/ Pick the best coach.
2/ Have them pick the best team according to their practice performance. If you have the best coach then this is a given.
3/ Have them prerare the team.
4/ Have them scout the opposition at the tournament.
5/ Hope they all try their best.

What more can we ask for.

Reply #58990 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Libertine,
more importantly will I be singing about this time Wednesday?
"ohne Uruguay fahren wir zur WM!"
without Uruguay travel we to World Cup.
The Olivia Kahn fans in München sing
"ohne Lehmann ......"

Reply #59014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dean Whitford would be an awexome state coach!

Reply #59035 | Report this post

Bosco  
Years ago

I believe the bear is going to be assistant, and im sure the pair of coaches will work well and achieve success with the group.

Reply #59053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So R hill is definitley yhe Coach or is all this rumour??

Dates for try outs set yet?

Reply #59254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I could coach the team the Bear "coaches" ... the talent he has available coaches itself really

Reply #59286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oops themselves

Reply #59287 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:44 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754