tubby
Years ago

new season format - sturt not agreeing

Apparantly, BASA is tryin to change the way the season works, having the pre-season and the winter season in one year... the committy of all clubs has been gathering to discuss this.. there is only 1 really club that is not agreeing with this..

Sturt is one of them, but they have no realy excuses in why it shldn't be changed.. they have one that i have heard - "interfeer with year 12's" but that is just like saying "curtains fade in daylight savings"..

is there anything else other people know?

Topic #5156 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tubby not one word of what you just said is true. Stop trying to bring the evil empire down with rumour and lies.

Reply #59044 | Report this post

known to all  
Years ago

it's a good point. what about the sasi tour when would that be held.it also makes state champs a lot harder to prepare for since in summer u try diffrent kids to see how they will go.

Reply #59047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this time the evil empire is 100% correct. changing the seasons to run over a calendar year would be a disaster for SA.

Reply #59052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tubby,

I think that you will find that Sturt and several other clubs are disagreeing due to the fact that when the same change was made in the 80's it had a disasterous effect on the number of programming changes that occrred in junior basketball. Also, that the number of teams in the competition decreased. That the number of game changes during finals will increase rather than during the summer season during School Nationals, SASI tour, exam period and schoolies which would lob during main season finals. That is would only give BASA 3 weeks to prepare for State Champs when they have failed with 8 weeks preperation the last 2 years. That we would be 3 month behind other states in the development of our players.

But I guess you are from a club that would rather bring the level of basketball back down to your low standard than rise to any sort of elite standard. That you agree with BASA miss informing clubs about the result of the decision and that a flawed process is fine if it makes a decision in favour of your club. Even though a majority of club when given truthful fact of the reprocussions of the decision would rather change their vote. Be damed with the level of basketball in this state. Not to mention that it would bring an already financially cripplied association to bankrupcy faster than a Makybe Diva final straight run.

You my friend have a moter who is a hampster and a father who smell of wilderberries! Thank you and good day.

Reply #59055 | Report this post

trust me if sturt are raising a point - it is a legit issue

Reply #59057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe it is time to listen to some of the more succesfull clubs if we are to get BASA and the game back on the track. Tubby you are a tool - wake up !

Reply #59066 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

The financial point made by anon 59055 is the most telling. Not to mention our season is already aligned with Victoria now.

Reply #59069 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Would put us out of alignment with the NBL and SEABL ..... there's too many reasons not to. For once, Darth Maul, Sidious and Vader appear to be fighting for good instead of evil.

Reply #59070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha Ha tubby,

Crashed and burned.

Reply #59077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

look this is not happening, i h8 people trying to make up stuff. F-A-K-E

CHANGE OF SEASON
LOL

Reply #59142 | Report this post

tubby  
Years ago

for al you people that think it is fake, its not, it is actually true facts..

and i understand the reasons thanks for the helps from like 1 or 2 of thos respons', you don't need to enter all that shit..

I do play for north.. and that is a successfull club..

Reply #59161 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

mmm... yep.

Reply #59406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am a little confused given that we have a program showing an extended summer season. I also understand that sometime this week meetings were taking place to make a final decision.

Does anyone understand what is going on?

Does anyone know what happened at these meetings?

Reply #60002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Meeting is tonight with all club being able to make submissions to the representatives of the board.

Hopefully decision will be made tomorrow.

Reply #60010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any news on the meeting and submissions?

Has a decision been made?

Reply #60309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it has been reversed to the original seasons

Reply #60428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So when will the winter season end?

Reply #60436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

very important for teenagers not to miss schoolies week

Reply #60439 | Report this post

admin  
Years ago

Official word on the Sturt site

Reply #60446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BASA as always confused. Decisionmakers with no idea. Please someone start over again. Surely this bull can not continue indefinitely. Give us some stability and direction or go.

Reply #60449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i heard that the decision was overturned by those who couldn't accept the original decision who continually agitated and went higher and higher and until they got what they wanted

would love to see the constitution on all that happened to see if it was kosher

Reply #60458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The decision was overturned after much deliberation and discussion of the facts; not opinion.

The end result is a win for junior basketball in S.A. Anon #60458 I suggest you admit that and stop trying to pick a fight.

Reply #60461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"For 2005/2006, reducing the summer season from 18 rounds to 13 rounds, involving a corresponding earlier commencement to the winter season involving 22 rounds and 3 final rounds (excluding division one which may have 18 rounds)."

When will it be decided whether in winter div 1 will have 18 or 22 rounds and why the possible difference from the rest ?

Reply #60467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The process actually followed the constitution. By the 5 largest clubs who were against the change in the first place and the clubs that changed their minds after they realised that the junior committee had mislead them into the decision in the first place.

Reply #60471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am guessing that the reason for the 18 round competition for Div 1 is to ensure a much fairer system in having the final ladder for determining finals positions.

What is their thinking in terms of season starts and finishes - will Div 1 start 4 weeks after the other Divs?

Some sceptics out there are also thinking what stops a club rotating their div 1 players down if the season does in fact start at different times with flow on impact into all the divisions. Please do not be concerned; we all know that all clubs are beyond reproach when it comes to bending the rules or doing something that isn't in the best interests of the sport!!

Reply #60517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where have you been?

The format has gone back to the original as the number of flaws in the proposal were going to lead the sport down into receivership.

11 Round summer comp for all grades.

2 rounds of finals.

22 rounds winter comp.

4 rounds of finals.

All finished before October.

Reply #60519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So when will the Summer season (that is on now) stop? The original dates or the new ones?

Reply #60523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon (#60519)

Maybe I should ask where you have been!. The official letter out from BASA suggests that it is a possibility that the Winter season for Div 1 only may be 18 rounds or 22 rounds whereas all other divs will be 22.

Reply #60526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That concept leadsd to others like. Whtat happens if you only have 8 teams in a Div 1 comeptition like the U/12 Girls, the U/14 Boys and girls.

Does this mean that they are planning on only having 14 rounds for an even competition or 21 rounds?

Reply #60529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i love playing devils advocate it is so much of a laugh to put up an opposite opinion and watch you all try to defend your positions.

Reply #60575 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:53 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754