Tyler
Years ago

Garnett to be traded?

I dont think it will be long before Garnett wants a trade. Last year was frustrating for him and his comments about McHale and his leadership this season after taking over as head coach doesnt ease the tension. Garnett doesnt have the support to win a championship so either they provide some support, or I can see Garnett leaving.

What does everyone think?

Topic #5211 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i saw a documentry on him on FOX SPORTS and he outlined how he really wants to stay there

Leaving? LOL

Although he was a very bad boy when he was young, causing a huge fight which he fled from police and ran to minnesota

Reply #59669 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

I can see a karl Malone type situation here. Stay faithful to the city and then realise the ring wont come and request to be traded.

Reply #59671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

possible,

WON'T HAPPEN

Reply #59672 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Trading Garnett is gonna cost a lot for any potential team. I have seen some attempts of possible suiters and frankly the trade proposal all suck.

I think there is only 3 or 4 teams that could absorb KG's contract, and be willing to give good players up. In relation to the Wolves, they have to accept that they will not get equal value returned to them by trading KG.

Can't see it happening during the season, but it may happen over the summer period.

I think the topic on realgm (sorry Isaac) under the T-Wolves forum pretty much sums it all up:
"post here if you're an idiot and you think you can trade for KG"

One of the better (I said better, it's still not great) trade scenario's I've seen is by the Nets. Vinsanity or Jefferson plus Nenad, Wright and 2 firsts for KG.

Reply #59673 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Is he worth it though?

Sure he's good, great even but he aint worth Carter & Jefferson let alone anything else.

As mentioned he is worth, but than if the continue to throw all their eggs in one basket with no succes? Maybe they are better to trade him for someone of Redd's calibre (obviously with something else pretty nice thrown in).

Reply #59688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

man that documentry on kg is old, hes getting frustrated in minessota this season. If kg goes to the nets its going to be hard to stop them no matter who they trade for him.
And what u talkin bout DJ, garnett is the best pf in the nba if the nets were smart they would trade jefferson and a few other players and picks in a second, KG, Kidd and Vince that would be scary

Reply #59694 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

kg has no1 backing him up in the t/wolves, woohoo jaric n oldskool ballar the kandi man, wolves hav no future, trade sounds good. not 4 minnesota anyways...

Reply #59702 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

maybe he is trying to scare the wolves suits into making some changes and bring the talent to him. Kinda force their hand into making decent changes.

Reply #59703 | Report this post

SI_1_^  
Years ago

true? but who will they get.. they get?

Reply #59705 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Do the Wolves actually have any pieces to trade bar KG. What you they get for Kandiman... not much..

Wally's contract sucks almost as much as KG's (at least KG puts up star numbers for his coin).

What would Mad Dog Madsen bring in a trade??? Probably a piece of coal and a turkey for Xmas.

McCants = mental issues....

As I see it the Wolves have two choices:

1) Blow up the team, trade KG and rebuild
2) Keep KG and be average for years to come and hope they get some lucky ping pong balls in the future.

Reply #59720 | Report this post

SI_1_^  
Years ago

Your spot on. KG in a big hole!

Reply #59740 | Report this post

SI_1_^  
Years ago

More KG trade rumours.

"Detroit Pistons were willing to ship a package including Rasheed Wallace and Darko Milicic to Minnesota for Garnett."

More on http://espn.go.com/

Reply #59749 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Garnett isn't enough of a bad boy to play for my Pistons - well not at the expense of Sheed anyway.

Reply #59750 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The Piston trade does not work with the Collective Bargaining Agreement due to salaries. Doesn't even come close.

A trade that works within the CBA is:

Sheed, Delfino, Davis and Darko straight up for KG. The deal can only take place after the 15/12/05.

Detroit would be retarded to do this and Joe ain't Isiah...

Reply #59752 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Ahhhh TR - someone who knows NBA - How well has Flip got Delfino and Arroyo playing this year?

Reply #59753 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Arroyo is going ok. Joe did another smart trade and grabbed him from Utah for Elden Campbell and a first rounder. Good trade. I guess the Jazz didn't really have any options after the fall-out between him and Sloan.

Flip has them playing ok, but once again, like the majority of the Pistons bench, they don't see much time.

It's funny, looking at both Joe and Isiah, both from the same team, same era and both great players, but Joe wins the GM race hands down...

I think the Wolves need to look at the Pistons/Grant Hill trade. The Pistons traded a superstar (Hill) that couldn't get them out of the second round and got back some cap space, plus Big Ben and tokens. If McHale was smart he'd be following the Pistons road to success. It obviously works.

Reply #59754 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

2005-2006
Player MPG
Richard Hamilton 35.3
Chauncey Billups 33.0
Tayshaun Prince 36.8
Rasheed Wallace 31.1
Ben Wallace 35.6
Antonio McDyess 18.3
Maurice Evans 16.3
Carlos Arroyo 15.0
Jason Maxiell 4.2
Carlos Delfino 9.1
Darko Milicic 8.7
Dale Davis 6.0

2004-2005
Player MPG
Richard Hamilton 38.5
Chauncey Billups 35.8
Tayshaun Prince 37.1
Rasheed Wallace 34.0
Ben Wallace 36.1
Antonio McDyess 23.3
Carlos Arroyo 17.7
Carlos Delfino 15.3
Lindsey Hunter 15.1
Darko Milicic 6.9

I think that this year the roster they have and the rookies are a lot better than last season. They picked up Maurice Evans - putting up reasonable numbers - as a free agent if I remember correctly. Flip also has them running a lot more, rather than pulling up on the break to run through the O they are looking to run. While keeping the D solid.

I think they can go all the way - or at least back to the finals. Where they will be facing the Spurs, this year I think they can take it to them with the bench they have. However the Spurs are stacked with Finley, Horry, Nazr, NVE coming off the bench.

Surprise packet of the year so far has to be the Clippers - however I think I rated them fairly well in my predicitons. The West is a lot weaker these days and the East is far more dominant.

Reply #59756 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Carter and Jefferson are over-rated, they are both great dunkers but aren't great at anything else really. They are both good scorers, but both can be taken out of their game.

If I were NJ i'd trade VC and RJ for KG in a second. Put any halfway decent SG in their spot (playing with Kidd) and you'll make up the ~17ppg your losing by the 2 for 1 trade. NJ aren't going anywhere with those two no defense show ponies. If they could turn them into KG they would be a much better team.

The Detroit offer is so-so, Rasheed isn't gonna want to play on a crap team where he has to be the leader so he would have to be moved onwards. Darko might turn out to be a very good player, but in losing KG you've just lost a former MVP. I just cant see it playing out in their favour.

One rumour that wont go away if Jermaine Oneal and Jamaal Tinsley for KG. As a Pacers fan, I dont want to see them break up the nucleus of the team, but the temptation of having Garnett and Artest in the same lineup is pretty scary.

Reply #59777 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

"And what u talkin bout DJ, garnett is the best pf in the nba if the nets were smart they would trade jefferson and a few other players and picks in a second, KG, Kidd and Vince that would be scary"

I agree that KG Kid and Vince would be scary, but the reply was to someone suggesting that they should trad Jefferson and Vince plus more for KG and to me that aint worth it!

Sure if they can trade Vince OR Jefferson plus some others for KG hell yeah, just can't see it happening.

Pacers deal is the only one really worth doing for Twolves, but as said it aint worth brreaking that up for the Pacers, they have been on the verge of something for a while now.

Reply #59779 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Trading VC and RJ for KG would be madness, I'd give up one, but not both......

Jefferson is so much more than a dunker. Wake up!!! He top 15 in the league this season in rebounds per game, he always gets to the line (top 5 in the NBA and he's hitting .838), rank 7th in the league in double doubles this season. Jefferson is very comparable to KG statiscally. The glaring difference is that Jefferson is 4 years younger.

Reply #59782 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754