Anonymous
Years ago

Rumour File - Dome to Go!

Heard on the radio this morning on a "Rumour File" segment that someone heard from a "friend in the industry" that the Dome is to be demolished. Yeah OK!

Mind you, selling that land for housing might get BASA out of debt and then they can play from the Enter Centre.

What do people think?

Topic #5303 | Report this topic

Take Luck  
Years ago

ohh great, woodville get there home taken from under there feet again. that would be sweet
.......................NOT!

Reply #60384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the cost of developing the land for housing is going to outway the housing land values.

Reply #60385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would they be allowed to have housing there, it used to be a dump didnt it??

Reply #60388 | Report this post

BF  
Years ago

No way housing would be allowed to be built there unless all the soil was removed and cleaned.

Major job, too expensive.

Plus BASA dont even own the land, it is owned by the council.

Reply #60390 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Yep Land owned by Council, and cannot have residential housing built on it for X amount of years (will try to find out,) not only that cost to re zone and replace the soil to the required depth would be astronomical in price,

dome wont go would be a financial step in the wrong direction for both council and basa

Reply #60392 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps you should ask Urban Land Trust and City of Charles sturt about the recent feasibility studies

Reply #60394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would it work if basketball was played out of the entertainment centre? The government gets a %age of profits. That way unless basketball grew the govt would loose money - make the government a true stakeholder in basketball.

Reply #60395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 60395

Might make the government pay a bit of attention to the plight of the sport then.....

Reply #60399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well if they play at the entertainment centre there is at least 2 season tickets they wont be selling. As a concert venue it is great but as a basketball venue it will be crap, too far from the action.

Reply #60400 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Agreed. My father and I have had season tickets since the dome opened.. as far as I am concerned, we OWN our seats.... and I would NOT move to somewhere like the ent-cent (unless they gave significant incentives to long term season ticket holders .. (wow.. what a novel idea))

Aside from that.. i think that rumour is complete b/s.

ShaneD

Reply #60401 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Yeah i agree, think this was started by anon for the sake of it
asked around and all im hearing is that theres no chance of it happening,

Reply #60402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will be Dere-lick.

Reply #60403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It may be crap, but it was broadcast as a rumour on the highest rating brekky show in Adelaide so you figure out how many people heard it.

Reply #60411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will not happen, but be ready to see some other big news about the Dome in the coming weeks.

If you listen to tonight's Hoops Radio show on Coast FM you will find out more....

Reply #60412 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Please don't upset Take Luck. Move the 36ers out and let Woodville run the Dome.

Reply #60416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it aint happinin...

The dome has the atmosphere, ent-centre doesn't

screw the centre, the DOME is da place!

Reply #60420 | Report this post

with the amount of bricks take luck has thrown up while playing i'm suprised he doesn't have his own stadium.

Reply #60472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats right hoopsta!

Reply #60571 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:09 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754