panther lover
Years ago

Adelaide vs Brisbane- progress score

Halftime we r down by 22 points 48 - 70. Holmes did well early for us w ith 10 points in the first quarter but than went quite. Black is on fire once again and i don't know who the hell is gurading him, seriously. He' been hitting outside shots all over the place. Maher and farley couldnt contain him and nash and hill couldn't.

Rychart, Farley and Maher need to have a better 2nd half if we r going to pull this one out of the water. Although Maher does have 4 pts and 7 assists. Thats not quite as good as Rucker's 6 pts and 12 assists.

DEFENCE(claping) Defence(clapping)

Come on boy's.

Topic #5321 | Report this topic

no d,lack of intisity,no one willing to score or rebound,they deserved to be spanked like that.Hate to see how they pull up for perth.

Reply #60582 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

How the hell do Dusty, holmes and Rees get 4 rebounds between them??

Reply #60607 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have been up in Brisbane this week to meet a client and went along to the game. Not really very pretty from the Sixers perspective. Their defence was largely horrible while the Bullets played very well at both ends. Rucker got going and was automatic from outside and Black was getting a lot of easy scores inside.

Sixers did very well (somehow) to post 109 points against the Bullets defense. I have no idea how because sometimes it looked like we had no chance of scoring. Reesy was good (hit a three!), Holmes was shooting well early, Mackinnon had 4 quality dunks, etc. I, personally, thought we had a long shot at winning it in the fourth but Phil 2-3 times subbed the full bench! The second time, Oscar had just hit two threes in a row and they all came off - the margin had come near 10 points and I wondered if we could've reeled it in a bit more.

We lost the FG% by 10% and realistically lost the boards by 10 too (our count was a bit inflated - there was a patch where Cooper got about 3-4 ORB in a row trying to make tip-ins).

Venue is pretty good and very well located (walked there from our accommodation, which you wouldn't do with the Dome!). Entertainment was up and down. Mascot came out on a low-rider (zzz) and later tried to fire out t-shirts from a cannon which didn't work, but the kids near us were on their feet waiting to catch something and yelling out. First-quarter and third-quarter breaks were the Scream Team who I thought were awesome. Brief performances but brilliant. Half-time were some little kids dancing to Thriller for about 5 minutes which was ho-hum, and then a shooting competition of some sort and a competition involving two guys spinning around and then trying to make a lay-up which is low-tech and easy, but pretty funny.

Crowd was pretty sparse on one side (heard about people buying tickets an hour before the game and getting front-row baseline!) but they did get into it and made a bit of noise. Not quite up to the level of the Dome at a good game though.

Reply #60621 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Geez - seems it was a Hoops SA night out at the Bullets, having never met Brizzysixersfan I was sitting next to him and there were a few others in attendace too!

The scream team were sensational and the spinning contest was pretty funny too

Also must give Kudos too Reesy who took time out on his way off the court after the game to stop and thank us for our support, didnt take long and was much appreciated by us!

Reply #60629 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:50 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754