Anonymous
Years ago

Who's is the better player Kobe or Iverson

I have been wanting to start a discussion about this two players who average aroung 30 ppg. I was wondering who is the best player between the two.

Topic #5324 | Report this topic

52-Cans  
Years ago

Iverson, singlehandedly he can actually lead his team somewhere, look at 2001, he singlehandedly led his team to the NBA finals.

Reply #60588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Kobe without his had image could have been better than Micheal look at his stats he is averaging 34.2 points a game. He is simply the best palyer in the NBA right now. Iverson is more of a ball hog who plays by himself he should th ball around to Chris and Kyle and you've got a winning combination which could probably even win the championship.

Reply #60589 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

going on stats alone so far this season.....Iverson is winning the battle at the moment

Reply #60595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really iam not fun of Iverson and each time i see Kobe play its just the most exciting thing ever.

Reply #60608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fezlington u are wrong on this one Kobe 34.2ppg Iverson 33.3ppg.

Reply #60610 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

Iverson in a heartbeat. and im a lakers fan. First off, iversons stats are better. but more importantly hes a more team orientated player, he makes his team mates better, and he'll do anything for the W. kobe could have one atleast two more ships if he co-existed with shaq and they shared the load, instead of the kobe show. iverson is mentally and physically tougher and can lead a team, rather than kobe who sees his team mates as filling the other 4 spots on the court.

Reply #60611 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

plus if lakers had iverson instead of kobe we would still have shaq and we would have won the 2004 championship and therefor still in the race this season

Reply #60612 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

AI without a doubt... Anon #60589) you really don't watch or read much NBA do you?? Sure Iverson is a hog, pure score first pointguard care to explain to me why he is average 8.2 assist per game. Third in the league behind Mr MVP, Nash and Baron. The Sixers are getting zero out of Korver, and I mean zero. Webber hops around on one leg and at the moment refuses to play in the post.

Sorry forgot to mention AI second in the league in score at 33.3ppg...

Oh sh*t... look Iverson is 4th in the league in steals at 2.1 per game

If Kobe took the hits that AI took, he would be stuck on the inactive list. AI has more heart whilst Kobe is a whinging B... you can blame the Lakers on not contending for the next 4 ot 5 years (minimum) on Kobe.

Lakers fan's better be hoping that Bynum turns into something special, cause Kwame has just proven how much he is a bust and you'll go no where with him.

Anon (#60608), if Kobe is the most exciting thing you have seen, please never never never watch highlights of MJ in his prime, the Dream, Admiral, Clyde, Sir Charles....If you do you'll wear your right hand out whilst saving your left for Kobe.

Reply #60620 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Well I guess that puts anonymous in his place...

Reply #60630 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Branded "TR" on his ass!! Nice one.

Reply #60644 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Undersized Pf...Iverson has hardly found a teamate or a coach he could co-exist with for longer than 2 seasons. Why would Shaq and Phil be any different? Iverson is a perpetual child, like Kobe. They are both peas in a pod. Both great basketball players too.

Reply #60657 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Kobe often will jack 30-40 shots per game without blinking, even if his shot is off. He doesn't mingle with any of his other team mates, he doesn't care if they are not feeling like part of the team. Who cares about ppg, look at his overall impact on a team. It has to lead to W's.

Reply #60678 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

olskoolgamer...Since both Iverson & Kobe started playing in the NBA there hasn't been a season where Iverson averaged less field goal attempts per game than Kobe. Iverson is equally happy to go for a 8-30 night too.

Iverson hasn't exactly been the greatest teamate or player to coach or leader throughout his years either. Iverson has won more being 'the guy' than Kobe has so far, but besides 2001 hasn't exacly led the 76ers anywhere that mattered. I personally enjoy Iverson's persecution complex as much as I do Kobe's narcissism. They are both equal tossers in the personality department and both incredibly skilled basketball players who both play with a lot of heart.

Reply #60687 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

I'm a huge Iverson fan and I still like Kobe. But this season 76ers will go much further than the Lakers!

Iverson and Kobe are both hogs yes, but Iverson would give up the ball if it's a nearly impossible option to score, Kobe on the other hand thinking he is the god of basketball will take it to the rack 3v1 or whatever.

Right now Kobe is averaging 33.5ppg and Iverson 33.6ppg, but as they are both guards, they should be getting their teammates involved and getting assists right?

Kobe - 3.9 Assists per game
Iverson - 7.9 Assists per game

Iverson averages putting up 25.2 shots per game connecting at 45%
Kobe averages putting up 29.4 shots per game and connects at 42%

Both very reasonable percentages but overall it is clear that Iverson is the better guard and he is more valuable to the team.

As of now the 76ers stand at 8 wins and 8 losses, the Lakers 5 wins 8 losses.

In my opinion and the stats I have just stated back me up, Iverson is the better GUARD, that is the keyword, not forward, scorer, passer, but the better GUARD.

Iverson rules!

Reply #60688 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

RE: Jasmine

AI has much more to grumble about than kobe, only problems AI has had, has been abopt his teams chances of a ship. he complained coz he cant see a championship team in the 76ers. if he was with the lakers hed be happy to collect championships to the cows come home

Reply #60697 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

RE: Jasmine.

I agree with you regarding the fact they both love to jack more shots than they should sometimes.

But I agree with 52-cans that Iverson's stats are much better, with over double the assists.

I'm not sure if you have seen games of Kobe since Shaq left, but he will just keep shooting, no matter what!!! Especially when the game is on the line, it doesn't matter if he has 5 people on him, he WILL jack the shot!

Iverson would at least look for the open man if he was covered.

Reply #60724 | Report this post

Robert Scutella  
Years ago

I think Kobe is clearly the better player. I absolutly despise AI and he should not be playing. GO KOBE. (P.s: Timberwolves to win the championships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Reply #60765 | Report this post

tori  
Years ago

i think ai is a legend he is great to look at and watch. Kobe is nothing to look at or watch he whines to much and seems to forget that there are 4 other players on the court GO IVERSON

Reply #60775 | Report this post

U know  
Years ago

Oh my god I can't believe u are even debating this IVERSON is a far better player than Kobe will ever be........ Kobe is too busy trying to be MJ and playing Manopoly getting that "get out of jail free" card.

Reply #60819 | Report this post

Years ago

Kobe Bryant will never be MJ ... no one will ever be. Iverson is probably the more team oriented guard given the stats mentioned here. Example ... "Kobe" scored 39 points against Phoenix and the team didn't win ... says something bout the Lakers.

Reply #60837 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

look guys, the only way to REALLY tell whos the better player is to turn to nba live 06, iverson is strong at 89 but the winner is kobe at an impressive 96 overall, btw ive gotten lebron james from 95 to 99 after 1 season!!!

Reply #61314 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:16 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754