what the
Years ago

Opals too good at wrestling also..

Some of those fouls on Lauren Jackson proved we can do well at wrestling....

Really NZ ! very crude at times.

excellent coverage on SBS.

Chris Dittmar and Michele Timms - take note - I think you will find a deliberate hack on the arms on a lay up type shot will now be an automatic unsportsmanlike foul (first quarter call) NZ hacked an Opal arm. New FIBA reg.

Well done girls - hope Poto's leg is OK

Topic #534 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

How about Lauren Jacksons 28 points and 9 rebounds in 23 minutes! Amazing.

Reply #4820 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yeah..interesting to note in the 36ers vs Mavs game...cooper hacked a Mav across the arm early in the game and automatically all 3 refs (Geoff Weeks, Phil Haines, Nathan Weiland) called it unsportsmanlike....maybe it's the new FIBA interpretation.

I cant wait to see Gaze get called for a tech for flopping as per the new rules this season :)

The next thing I want to see get teched is players pointing their direction on an out of bounds call, trying to coerce the ref into giving them the call, when it is clearly the oppositions ball.

Reply #4868 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

that is a very reasonable suggestion yogee

put it in an email to Greg Love or Nathan Durant etc

Reply #4871 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Unfortunately Greg Love or Nathan dont quite have the clout to make that happen.

Tends to be people at FIBA that make the rules :)

No disrespect to Love or Durant intended :)

Reply #4877 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

lauren jackson id like a god. she cant miss

Reply #4890 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:03 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754