VC fan
Years ago

Sturt U16's Boys Div 1

How good is this team, just so you know im not from sturt, and havent even seen them play but from what ive heard and going by results on sporting pulse they are an extermely strong team and be 2 teams but about 120 points! What is it about this team? Coach, Size, Skill level, Teamwork??? anyone know the team and why they are so strong?

Topic #5355 | Report this topic

principal skinner  
Years ago

melbourne boys nervous already ?

Reply #60878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are heaps good, just asked their parents and players.

Reply #60884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah they are awesome. look out. west will go to town as well

Reply #60977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well i am from sturt....the deal is this....they have the tallest team around BY FAR, the whole team plays sasi or will do next year in the case of first year players, everyone plays for the team not for themselves and they are looking towards melbourne where they should contest the classics.

Reply #60987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

west wont be that far below them

Reply #60997 | Report this post

"15"  
Years ago

i have seen both sturt and west play this season sturt will beat west by 25 pts only because they play as a team and do the team thing unlike west who only have two or three team players and the rest play for themseleves,both teams have some good players but it will come down who plays as a team. would love to see the game but as i play at the same time i will just have to wait and hear the out come.

Reply #61000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West beat Forestville by 1. And Sturt beat Forestville by 30. Nuf said.

Reply #61038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it doesn't matter who won by how much against other teams, it comes down to what happens when they play each other. look at last year, sturt beat everyone by way more than west did, but in the two most important games they played against each other all year, west won both, once by 20 points.

Reply #61065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West Player (Name Known but not disclosed) writing comments about last year is not going to help you when Sturt play you.

Reply #61077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what number does the west player wear,is it between 50>55 ???? i think i know who it is.

Reply #61078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we all know who it is

Reply #61122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and we are just one week out from State Champs when all teams are fair dinkum!!

Reply #61126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thinks hes going to make state

Reply #61127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think anon 60987 should get the award for the biggest understatement in 2005: "they are looking towards melbourne where they should contest the classics"

Should contest the classics - I would have thought they were absolute certainties to contest the classics - unless you think they won't make top 4 at the state titles. Can you name those 4 teams who will finish higher for me!?!

Reply #61128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i believe that contest the classics was used because they will obviously go to the classics but will have contest them not necessarily win them.

Reply #61214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i reckon i know who it is, its that country guy hey?

Reply #61295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nup

Reply #61432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont discount South, they only lost by 25 or so last week. They will be the suprise packet of the season... Not to take it away from Sturt. they have the stuff!!!

Reply #62039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is this team reali that good?

Reply #62090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

have you seen this team play??? clearly they are

Reply #62143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ne1 see the west and sturt game...

Reply #62193 | Report this post

flame  
Years ago

keep talking boys......theres along way to go

Reply #62201 | Report this post

Mugatu  
Years ago

STurt Def West 12

Reply #62225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturt only played one and a half quarters of basketball against westimagine if they played 4 quarters

Reply #62251 | Report this post

ITK  
Years ago

Typical of Sturt! You wonder no one has any respect for your club when you continually make excuses and never give credit where credit is due! Lets remember who is current Champion boys club!!!

Reply #62257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West did a great job and Sturt was in trouble early in the game.

Reply #62258 | Report this post

Mugatu  
Years ago

ITK

Lets remember who is Overall Best Club num nut

Reply #62266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No doubt that Sturt finished the game best against West - but at times they did not look as great a team as many believe they are.

Reply #62269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West played well for the first 3 quarters until Sturt's depth wore them down. Sturt owned the first, West owned the second, even for the 3rd, Sturt dominated the 4th. Yes, at times Sturt did look average because West did a good job of matching them, but it is difficult to do it for 4 quarters against such a deep, physical, tough team. Sturt's offense clicked in the 4th but credit West for playing a very good game.

Reply #62270 | Report this post

ITK  
Years ago

Yes overall, but not the best boys. You might get it this year or maybe you won't.

Reply #62272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re: ITK

good call

Reply #62295 | Report this post

Keith Hernandez  
Years ago

ITK,

West should be proud of a terrific state champs they had last year to finish with the Best Overall Boys Crown. However,I think the true test for greatness is the consistency of achievement. It's a little 'rich' IMO to "chest beat" about doing well one year on only one side of your club, when other clubs - Sturt, North, Norwood - have been ultra competitive for a number of years on BOTH sides of their club in multiple age groups.

If West continue to come up with strong groups in the boys and then threaten to win anything on the girls side, then maybe yourself and your Bearcat counterparts may have something to rave about. Until then, it really makes yourself out to be a tad jealous of other clubs 'consistent' efforts.

Oops I guess this opens the door for a West history lesson in the strength of the club back when Mullets where cool - the first time around.

Cheers

Reply #62314 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

If you could handpick ten guys from all the teams in the 16's i think the sturt team would be the exact team u would pick. Hell it's like an allstar team. Tom daly, peter leijs, tom gaynor, dan blood, jan warbout...thats just to name a few..and their bench is just as strong. The 16's for this season will be a no contest..wait and c.

Reply #65963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #65966 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Instead of all of this 'self praising' crap that is boring us all, why don't you just nominate next season to become Adelaide's sole side in the NBL. Surely your salary cap is lower?

Reply #65969 | Report this post

Fed Up  
Years ago

I agree with Keith H about the chest beating. I am from West and I HATE that crap about West's history ...thats all it is history, and its ancient! I like west adelaide a lot and my kids would not ever dream of playing anywhere else, but you kids belittle both your clubs with some of the rubbish you spout.
Lets worry about whether there will even be a competition for our juniors to play in.
This West/Sturt thing is getting old kiddies. Why dont you all just go on MSN and have your little bragging sessions there.

Reply #66029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best way to kill a thread is not to respond to it.

I don't agree about the chest-beating though. Compared to the west, centrals, woodville to name a few, sturt is keeping a very low profile there. Rightly so, no one should be bragging about their achievements.
Let game results speak for themselves!

Reply #66077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

exactly...however i do think the sole purpose of these boards is for players and sometimes their obsessive parents to talk about themselves...i think people should let it go

Reply #68468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so what are you ... player or obsessive parent ?

Reply #68508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chest beaters or not, why dont we all wait and see where they are at in under 20's at Sturt,in 4 or 5 yrs time.
If its anything like the last few years......nowhere. What more can be said.
Its not about the race, its where you finish. Sure all powerful now, but when the playing fields even out.......

Reply #68515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats true while clubs like woodvile are breeding grounds for filth they also have alot of talent..not all from the same age group either...i doubt all of these kids can be stars some have to be role players

Reply #68516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #73363 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:22 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754