Isaac
Years ago

Funny NBL News

Ben Thompson has signed with the NZ Breakers, filling their final roster spot. He's an ex-Wildcat who averaged 9 and 4 last season. Their 10 will be Cameron, Boucher, Henare, Chappell, Pepper, Redhage, Truslove, Thompson, Tait, Olsen.

Sixer Mark Nash remains on the sidelines with a back injury similar to that which impacted Brett Maher's progress last season. Nash is apparently out for 3 weeks and may miss a number of pre-season games.

Potential Wildcat, Ontario Lett is rumoured to be heading to Korea. Perth are going to trial Jaron Brown from Pittsburgh next month, a guard to play alongside Ricky Grace, Braith Cox, and Rashad Tucker (if he ever signs!).

Jaron Brown

Topic #537 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

Have the sixers finalised their 10th spot?

Reply #4824 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Re Sixers 10th man, not sure. Still assuming it's between Hawkes, Williams and Bell. Probably one of the first two?

Razorbacks have a few pre-season dates announced with the first game on Saturday night against Hunter:

28 Aug v Hunter @ Hills
3 Sept v Hunter @ Grafton
4 Sept v Brisbane @ Coffs Harbour
15 Sept v Wollongong @ Beaton Park
22 Sept v Wollongong @ Hornsby
25 Sept (TBC) v Korean All Stars

That game should give us an indication of the strength of Hunter's second import and also gives the Pigs a chance to trial Nick Neumann.

Reply #4858 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From Eurobasket: Ivan Grgat (210-F/C-74) was injured (back injury) and will miss all season. So now PAOK will be looking for a new center. First on the list of Prelevic is Matt Nielsen (206-F/C-78) of Sydney Kings.

(PAOK are a Greek team.)

Reply #4863 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

will farley be hear for our 1st game. dusty wasnt last year. does any one konw what charles thmas is doing with him self.

Reply #4884 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Waiting for Tucker to sign...I'm second on that priotity list!

Reply #4910 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can't remember who picked Brad Williamson, but do they realise that it isn't the same person as Brad Williams?

Reply #4922 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

i heard that his wife got areally good job in camberra so he turn down the over of the 36ers

Reply #4980 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

simoned kerle is now back playing for the bullets

Reply #5104 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Michael Kingma has signed in Belgium with Scarlet Vilvoorde.

Reply #5123 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to Boti's article about Kingmas signing now! Have this Belgium side seen this hack play?

Reply #5139 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kingma averaged 10 and 5 last season. What's not to say that Vilvoorde don't need a big guy on the end of the bench to soak up some fouls at the very least?

I haven't seen enough of Kingma to judge his play, but I'm happy that the career of an Australian goes on.

Surely his lack of range would limit his potential in the European leagues where many of the taller players are far more versatile?

Reply #5142 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

True

Reply #5146 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hunter vs West Sydney pre-season game last night. Hunter won by 15. Only report I've heard said that Dwight didn't really play and MacKinnon played about half. Seemed to suggest that the Pigs are in trouble this season -- Neumann too slow, Olowoyo ineffective, Trahair and Markovic inaccurate.

Reply #5150 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

If you've ever seen Kingma play/train, you'd be surprised how far his range extends. It just isn't the prettiest shot you've ever seen. Like Isaac said, best wishes to any Australian making it overseas.

Good to see the Pirates get a solid win, even if it's against an under-manned Razorback squad. Hopefully the Pirates will be much better this season - that can only help the NBL, right?

Reply #5164 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

At least Kingma makes a good wookie

Reply #5168 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

i dont know why but i jst dont like kingma

Reply #5246 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

cant someone tell me the date when there going to anounce the 36ers 10 player

Reply #5252 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hunter Pirates 97 - (Mitch Selwood 22, Geordie Cullen 19, Kavossy Franklin 17)
Razorbacks 81 (Carmie Olowoyo 17, Scott McGregor 17, Luke McMillan 13).

More info

Reply #5292 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From the goldmine of info that is the OzHoops forum:

NBL All Star game 2004/05: Wednesday the 19th January at Wollongong Entertainment Centre

and this post from Fox Sports:

--

Hey all,

The new season is not far off now ... I can't bloody wait ... so I thought I'd throw you all a look at the first month of television coverage;

Wed 29th Sept "Basketball Marathon" - Starting at 1100am we will recap the grand final series from last year featuring h/lites of all games. This will run all the way thru to the first live game of the year at 1730 - NZ v 36ers, live from New Zealand. Then following that match at 1930 we will air a 1 hour preview show with John Casey and Steve Carfino letting us know who they think will be hot and or will flat out suck. They will be joined by a couple of special guests.

Sat 2nd Oct Melbourne v Cairns
Wed 6th Oct Adelaide v Townsville
Sat 9th Oct Wollongong v Brisbane
Wed 13th Oct Sydney v Melbourne (including the raising of the c'ship banner from last season)
Sat 16th Oct Brisbane v West Sydney
Wed 20th Oct Wollongong v Townsville
Sat 23rd Oct Adelaide v New Zealand
Wed 27th Oct West Sydney v Cairns
Sat 30th Oct Hunter v Brisbane

--

Reply #5374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

charles thomas got a gig in sweedan! good luck to the man! hope he does well..

Reply #5992 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Hunter Pirates 97 - (Mitch Selwood 22, Geordie Cullen 19, Kavossy Franklin 17)
Razorbacks 81 (Carmie Olowoyo 17, Scott McGregor 17, Luke McMillan 13).

-----------

What's that Deano, my rookie top scored? :D

Reply #5993 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:30 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754