Anonymous
Years ago

Bruce Bolden retires

One of the NBL greats Bruce Bolden has retired as assistant coach of the West Sydney Razorbacks mid- season.
Despite numerous attempts on other forums to find out the truth about this, it seems the Pigs have done a good job of covering up the reasons why.
I believe the issue was with Boldens children accompanying him to training on occasions, specifically 4 times last month and him being told they were a distraction for the team.
I further believe he was told to resolve this issue by the end of the year at which time he told them to ...... well, you can probably guess the rest.
I don't think we're talking about toddlers here, moreso around the 10 and 6 age.
What the!!???!!!

Topic #5378 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

do you take your kids to your job?

Reply #61080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does your job involve coaching professional basketball for 2 or 3 hours a day?
Not saying whats right or wrong here because I dont know the whole story but pretty sure its not like a "normal" 9 to 5 job!

Reply #61082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

even so if your employed for 2 - 3 hours a day i'm sure your boss would want your attention for that time.

you shouldn't take your pets, your kids, your girlfriend or your mother in law to your workplace.

once in an emergency may be acceptable, but if he was spoken to about what they saw as a perceived problem then i don't have any trouble with him being told off again. if he chose to go then its his problem.

they are supposed to be professionals and although it seems harsh i'm sure you wouldn't find it acceptable in many work place environments - just can't see kevin sheedy allowing his assistant coaches to have his little ones consistantly at training.

Reply #61083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was reported that he was unhappy that with all the injuries they have they wouldn't put him for a lazy 30 mins a game. I guess he will go back to burger king now.

Reply #61084 | Report this post

maybe new melbourne team coach!

Reply #61096 | Report this post

allyoop  
Years ago

Perhaps Mark Watkins should start taking his kids to practise!!!

Reply #61169 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Well Bruce is a fighter and he will bounce back maybe director of basketball @ at a ritzy private school.

Go Bruce

Reply #65467 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

hi all

set up a website

www.patrickewing.com

check it out hot stuff

thanks ballers.

Cam

Reply #65468 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Australian cricketers are allowed to take famly on tour with them. Not saying its right but if the kids weren't disruptive then whats the problem?

Reply #65469 | Report this post

afele  
Years ago

I find it interesting that like Watkins, some of you feel family should come second. Asking someone to make a choice between their kids and their job isn't really giving them a choice.

Reply #65589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard he was told to stop bringing his kids or leave and Scott McGregor backed the coach up

Reply #66588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he already is involved in the basketall program at knox grammar. he's doing an awsome job too! esp on the younger guys, they are right little stars thanks to him!

Reply #102470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agreee with all yall and that guy that thinks he knows mine and my sisters name is totally wrong we aint moreso lol!!!!!

Reply #231195 | Report this post

geoff  
Years ago

Very, Very Sad. I met Bruce when he was at Waverley College. I met his Kids too. They were so well behaved. Bruce is a good man and is very passionate about the game.

Reply #251121 | Report this post

geoff  
Years ago

Very, Very Sad. I met Bruce when he was at Waverley College. I met his Kids too. They were so well behaved. Bruce is a good man and is very passionate about the game.

Reply #251124 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:35 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754