Isaac
Years ago

Funny Sixers vs Kings: Game of the Season

Boti's bit in the paper today has continued the build up for Saturday night's blockbuster game when the Kings visit the Sixers. The NBL are calling it the "game of the season" - a good portion of Adelaide fans would be worried that the home streak may end, while many Sydney fans consider the game to be the most likely spot for the Kings' streak to end too.

The word from Brett Maher:

"It's one against two, the team with the best home record against the team with the best road record," Adelaide captain Brett Maher said.

"We're 11-0 at home, they are on a 13-game winning streak. It should be a great game."
And Phil Smyth commenting on Maher's knack for game-winning performances in crunch time:
"You run out of superlatives for Brett," Adelaide coach Phil Smyth said. "He is unique."
Full article in The Advertiser

Saturday night, 8:10PM, tickets from Venue*Tix or at the door. Tell everyone you know - this will be the game to watch. It's a shame that The Advertiser's back page stories are some ridiculous crap about Aloisi trying to get his shirt back from a sobbing player from Uruguay and AFL training camps (could it get any more boring?) when this game is a dream to promote - former Boomers coach vs current Boomers coach, best home record vs best away record, spiteful home crowd vs easy-to-hate team, Maher vs Bruton, Holmes and Forman vs Kendall and Worthington, Paul Rees' face vs any inbounds pass for the rest of the season...

Topic #5381 | Report this topic

suprised by tip off time thought it might be earlier being a foxtel game

Reply #61095 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I believe it is due to the cricket being on.

therefore a 8:30pm (AEDT) Foxtel start - 8:40pm (AEDT) tip off .

Thus making it a 8:10pm tip off in SA.

Reply #61109 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Should be a great match, cant believe im F@#king working Grrrrr
first match i miss and its the game of the season,

will be eagerly online checking for scores and updates,

hopefully the nbldud score board will work, lol what am i thinking like it will ever work,

:P

Reply #61141 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

It will probably work as good as the dome scoreboard!

It must be using a microsoft operating system!!!!!

Reply #61161 | Report this post

will the kings be going for a drink at the stag after the game or has goorj. made it a team rule that they drink at the mars bar with him.

Reply #61181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'm looking to buy $15 tickets (ie. Zone 5 - south at the back) at the door... can someone tell me when (ie. what time on sat) those tickets start to go on sale?

thanx

Reply #61275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

someone tell me about FTA NBL show this month?

Any truth to it?

Reply #61352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know who the refs are tonight?

Reply #61435 | Report this post

Crazy  
Years ago

Tom Mills is one

Reply #61437 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

NBL on FTA tv?? anyone got any real facts on it, or is it all rumours??

Reply #61460 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:08 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754