Kent Brockman
Years ago

US v Spain tonight 9pm on 7

What i have been told dont blame me if it aint on.

Topic #539 | Report this topic

unknown  
Years ago

should b good match if we can see it.

Reply #4875 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's on Ch 7 now (well, half-time break). US up 44-43. Pau Gasol has 18 at the half. Marbury has 10 for the US.

Reply #4898 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Good to see the Aussie ref, Michael Ayeln, stuffing up as much as he does in NBL :)

Reply #4906 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

US pull away to win 102-94. Gasol played the full 40 and looked tired towards the end, finishing with 29 points and 6 rebounds. He was fouled 11 times.

Marbury was on fire for the US, hitting 6/9 threes to finish with 31 points and 4 assists. The Americans had a few good steals and played excellent defense to close out the game.

Box score

The other 3 quarter final games are Lithuania vs China, Italy vs Puerto Rico and Greece vs Argentina.

Reply #4909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

once again the refs bail USA out of a close game. funny how marbury uses his arm bar 3 times in a row to knock over a spanish player and no call is made.

Reply #4919 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

How good was that dunk by Gasol, baseline spin, awesome! He was a bit "hammeresque" last night though trying to do it all himself

Reply #4933 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Gasol is awesome. He's got a few inches on Bogut (215cm - 207cm... correct me if I'm wrong) but I hope Bogut eventually developes to somewhere near Gasol's level.

No comment of the reffing, or Aylen... but C'mon Yogee, you say the abuse was bad when you reffed U12s.... how do you think it'd be in Greece, when a Euro team is close to knocking off the USA? I'm not sure why you'd choose to not comment on any part of the game, apart from to bag the Aussie ref, who must have been doing OK over there to get a Mens QF.

Reply #4958 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Imagine ref'ing in Italy! Have you seen that video of the import whacking the ref? He went straight to the floor and didn't get up again for a while.

Reply #4962 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:05 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754