Isaac
Years ago

Westover: Tigers 2nd, Adelaide 4th

Al Westover, coach of the Melbourne Tigers is picking the Tigers to finish second at the end of the regular season, and for Adelaide to drop to fourth behind the Hawks.

"I think we will probably overtake Adelaide. If we get Adelaide (on December 21), I think we will get them (on the ladder).

"I think it's more between us and Wollongong for the second spot than Adelaide, but Adelaide may surprise us.

"They've got a lot of tough road games coming up. If they keep their road record as it is (4-5), they could be in trouble."
Adelaide's rest of the season is: Sydney at the Dome, Hawks on the road, Hunter at home, Melbourne in Hobart, Sydney in Sydney, Pigs and Breakers at the Dome, Perth in Perth, Hunter at the Dome and then Crocs, Taipans and Bullets on the road to close it out.

Reckon we can win 5 of those? That'd give us 20 wins, and the Tigers are hoping for a 24-8 finish.

If we can't stay undefeated at home, matching that could be tough. Sydney in Sydney would be about as tough as it gets, and three straight in Queensland will be horrible.

Topic #5390 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

I'm afraid to say - with the way we travel , he could be right .

I think we will beat Wollongong away though , we need it to get some respect back after a horrible showing there.

I'd pencil in 6 Wins
- v Townsville
- v Gong
- v Hunter
- v Pigs
- v Breakers
- v Bullets

then,
50/50 chance Sydney , Melb , Perth, Cairns

Reply #61238 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Article about Brisbane's future plans

Bullets general manager Jeff Van Groningen revealed the "generation next" plan on Thursday after he and owner Eddie Groves returned from a whirlwind scouting missing to the United States earlier this week.

Van Groningen had spent the past two weeks in California casting his eye over the influx of Australian players who had infiltrated the college system.

Reply #61317 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:48 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754