Amazed
Years ago

Tell me it's not true!!!!!!

I've heard they are cutting 5 weeks off the summer season and going back to the old system.
Surely BASA would not do this in the middle of the season.

Topic #5415 | Report this topic

VC fan  
Years ago

they have, this has already been talked about in like 3 other posts

Reply #61502 | Report this post

croc hunter  
Years ago

why does thaT NOT surprise many
dont like the drew get it shorten
make a decision and stick to it
it aint that hard

Reply #61507 | Report this post

Amazed  
Years ago

Oops, I didnt realize everybody else found out 2 weeks ago.
Nobody tells us team managers anything, we find out from the kids.
But whatever your thoughts on how the seasons are rationalized, surely you gotta agree changing it mid-season is the height of stupidity.

Reply #61508 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Amazed, you act surprised but a BASA decision... everyone else just rolls their eyes, shakes their head and then jumps of the edge of the house headfirst into a block of concrete.

Jumping is easier than trying to find the reasoning behind what BASA is doing

Reply #61511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wrong this was not a BASA decision it was a Basketball SA decision.

Reply #61517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No the management at BASA conned the clubs into thinking 18 rounds and a calender year was best.

Unfortunately the clubs are capable of doing their own research (unfortunately for BASA) and worked out they were being conned.

Basketball SA were forced to change back to 13 rounds because the clubs won ....

Which has been explained 100 times on this site already!

Reply #61518 | Report this post

Amazed  
Years ago

Basketball SA? Who the hell are they and how do they fit into the equation? I thought BASA was the governing body?
Excuse my obvious ignorance, I'm new to this and have volunteered as a team manager for my sons team.

Reply #61633 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

BASA no longer exists, they changed their name 2 weeks ago to Basketball SA (BSA)....

Once again also discussed ad nauseum on this site.

Reply #61648 | Report this post

Just a thought:

If players pay their subs at the beginning of the season (believing that the amount of money is for an 18 round season), and then BASA change it to a 13 round season, theoretically they are no longer paying for an 18 round season.

Thus, would they be entitled to the money back from those 5 rounds???

Reply #61983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some clubs took a punt on this being reversed and only charged the same fees as last year. Speak to your club and see what they did.

Reply #61986 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:10 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754