Anonymous
Years ago

ABL Rosters

I am aware of another highly read thread on ABL Goss but I don't think I am any more knowledgeable of the likely lists for next season. (I suspect that some of the info is questionnable)

Can we post known additions/deletions to rosters here?

Topic #5431 | Report this topic

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Southern Women ABL 2006

01 - T Beatty (Braithwaite)
02 - C Kaesler (Byrt)
03 - TJ (Draper)
04 - Olivia Warnes
05 - Bec Redden
06 - Michelle (McCarthy)

:) (i would bet a carton on these 6 lining up w Southern next year.

Reply #61692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how many bench players in that line up?

Reply #61702 | Report this post

Mugatu  
Years ago

Sturt ABL Men Squad

Oscar Forman F/C
Todd Gower F
Marcus Hakendorf G/F
Darren Ng G
Paul Bauer G
David Shepherd G
Scott Palmer G/F
Tom Finkemeyer C
Marcus Ng G
Jordan Dodman F/C
Mark Paget F/C
Mark Bauer G
Nathan Vaughn G
Michael Humphrys G
Shane Brehney F/C
Todd Smythe G
Nick Tam G/F

Out of this squad I would start the following:

5 - Dodman 6ft9
4 - Gower 6ft6
3 - Forman 6ft9
2 - Ng 6ft2
1 - Bauer 6ft0

Reply #61712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have 17 guys in that squad! Only 12 positions each week - how does that work? Will they rotate? or will some of the guys just be told they're not needed?

Reply #61720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By the way..Tommy has retired..so make that 16!

Reply #61721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ignore that I was seeing things!

Reply #61722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with Slick Rick Castle accepting a Position in the land of the long white cloud: who will be taking the reigns of the evil empire senior men?

(my tip is Dean-o)

Reply #61726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where did you get Marcus Ng?

He's in Woodville!

Reply #61728 | Report this post

Nobb Jockey  
Years ago

Darren Ng 6f2i?

WTF - in high heels ???? sounds like sturts game..

Reply #61732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i remember people saying that darren was definitely a warrior too in the past.. deano for coach.

Reply #61733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eastern Mavericks Wommens Team 06

Siobhan O'Brien
Amanda Williams
Kate Hilton
Conor O'Brien
Fleur Holmes
Danni Clayton
Madison Bycroft
Hannah Light
Tess Madgen
Penny Gollan
Amara Leinert
Deanna Schinella
Michelle Whitehead
Emma Fellows

Reply #61737 | Report this post

fluffy  
Years ago

youve only named 6 for southerns womens team. who are the others that fill the line up?

Reply #61740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the starters I guess

Reply #61743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darren Ng did used to play for the Warriors but what is with the rumor that Marcus Ng is leaving?

NOT TRUE

I KNOW

Reply #61761 | Report this post

bob  
Years ago

where is slick rick going?

Reply #61773 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

slick rick castle announced he accepted a coaching position in New Zealand at Sturts Presentation night a couple weeks back.

Reply #61774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

which team is rick castle coaching?does anyone have his email so i can wish him luck?

Reply #61777 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

would that mean Forman will end up in New Zealand league instead of local ABL?

How do people think Sturt will go if that scenario happens?

that will leave a huge hole at both ends of the court. Any thoughts on potential replacements

Reply #61782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whoa whoa whoa. Easy there blazer.

1. Rick's gone to coach in NZ. No-one's said who, what level it is etc.
2. Sure Forman is the Sturt star, but is he and Slick Rick that tight?
3. Would Sturt allow it? Surely the evil empire would place a forcefield (see contract) around their young jedi
4. The depth of that team would still allow them to compete, with out a replacement.

Reply #61784 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

good point, which level will Castle be coaching?

It is a big move from here to there (obvious), is the whole move relatedto work or purely a move as a coach striving towards a bigger slice.

Surely, a move like that means some kind of contract at a reasonable level is on offer.

Just stirring the pot a little to see who bites and hopefully extract more info.

Reply #61786 | Report this post

J Bags  
Years ago

Now that I'm back in the town, I'd like to let you all know that I will be the starting Point guard for the Tigers.

I've been in training!Sitting at my desk, and eating bags of chips for months!

Reply #61792 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I heard Forman wasn't playing in this state next year.. I'm sure he's at the stage where he can earn more money elsewhere (a lot more). Isaac where are you???
South will suit up Scans, JB, Scott Thur, Luke Frost, Big Agel, Aaron Lockyer, Matt Davies, Lucas Smith (back from overseas), Neil someone (new PG quickest guy in league), Doug Hudson, Steve Williams, Stuart Campbell, Tom McKenzie, Truck (Adam Blight)... thais it I think. PIlks is going overseas

Reply #61793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pioneers are interested in Oscar Forman if Jamie Holmes falls through. Offering him a great opportunity in a different league.

Reply #61800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

castle has signed to coach the otago nuggets in the nz nbl.

Reply #61801 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

FOR THE LAST TIME MACUS IS PLAYING AT STURT WITH DARRAN THIS YEAR!!!! he has gone, hasnt been at a woodville training or game this season. if he shows up in the new year i will be very suprised, but as far as i no, and the rest of the club is concerend , he is gone. not a rumor its fact.

Reply #61820 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Oscar to the Pioneers? I heard they were after Jacob Holmes too. Strewth - could be a fair lineup if these guys come down. Tell Reesy to join us - the trophies are too expensive down here!

Reply #61825 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

throw danny kozmider onto the south list

Reply #61836 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Tick Tick Tick...
whiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ahhh, the soothing sounds of the rumour mill cranking up again.

The season is months away people - watch this space for dozens more changes.

Reply #61840 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

To be honest, I think Oscar would be stupid to stay in this league. No offence but the interstate or overseas leagues are a lot better and a team can pay you a half decent salary. If the Big O wants to continue to better himself then he needs new challenges. He proved last year how much of a stand out player he is, why not try it on in a better league? Obviously Jacob did it last year and I think this year he has continued to improve. It's the obvious next step for O.
Mount Gambier is calling big fella....

Reply #61848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers Women's squad will be announced after the 9th January. So all of this is speculative until then.

Reply #61857 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

yes run away big oscar, do us all a favour!

Reply #61860 | Report this post

bagwan  
Years ago

what about a sabrette squad

laura will no doubt go wnba way - but she will have to work hard - but i reckon connecticut have a two player deal thinking erin and laura

marino?
langford?
mcphail?
beaumont?
pitt?

all godd players capable of abl

Reply #61890 | Report this post

opposition leader  
Years ago

i dont know about godd players although most sturt people do think their gods

Reply #61901 | Report this post

Toddler  
Years ago

Gower has grown aswell 6´6", maybe in high heels. Or did he measure himself with his trusty left arm.

Reply #61906 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

FWIW, the NBL site says 196/6'5". I think "Toddler" should be his new nickname, though I'm still partial to "The Difference".

Reply #61907 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

I will come out and say now that the 6 i keep naming for Southern Women will all be on the roster next season - there are 4-6 other spaces there.

by the way, anonymous (#61857) - of course its all speculative - thats the point!

Reply #61914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oscar made great improvement hear last year. Plus it gives him a chance to improve without over taxing his body by playing all year round. The Sabres give him a couple of weeks of during the first few rounds and he is her for the 36ers pre season.

Reply #61922 | Report this post

go southern  
Years ago

Pickles Housemate is correct - the 6 players named in the Southern lineup are all signed, sealed and delivered.

The "problems" with the previous South coach obviously was not with those who wanted to get on and play basketball - they have all moved to Southern so they can do just that. The rest can continue to whinge and whine and maybe find a few suckers who are prepared to put up with them - who knows they may even find time to actually focus on a game of basketball.

Reply #61923 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

was that Gower as 6'5... BS

Reply #61924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about eagles men?

what's the squad???

C'MON peoples! There has been no talk about it.

From Eagles

Reply #61926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm thinkin the bitching whinging and whining is now in Southern's court.... winking

Reply #61942 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Perhaps Southern have over recruited?

Reply #61944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they have over recruited then they should have a good year. The only players that will leave southern are those who think they are better then they really are. As history tells the story that they have come 2nd to bottom for the past few years except last year when they just moved up to the middle group of teams but only just. Anyway everyone's had enough of southern how about the other teams in the league? Forestville, Centrals, Woodville, Norwood, West, Sturt etc

Reply #61952 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Norwood

Ottey
Bell
Foster
Sapwell
Lampshire
Grantham
Webber
Jones
Papendiek
Barker
Ford
Uzynski
Cooper??

Hope I havent missed anyone.

Reply #61957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EAGLES???

Reply #61959 | Report this post

Mugatu  
Years ago

What about yourself osama bin loman

Reply #61961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bagwan

marino - wnbl player, will she come back for abl or chase a euro offer?

langford - AIS

mcphail - Will she get a gig over the Bowleys? after running 7/8 players for the entire 2005 ABL season, i doubt she'll get minutes

beaumont - underdone at Senior level

pitt - which one?

Reply #61978 | Report this post

sturt groupie  
Years ago

pitt - Regan plays for Mavs and I highly doubt she would play at Sturt even thught she coaches 12G1. But her younger sister may - but hasnt played seinors over the summer

mcphail - will play if she can get cleared by BA & that wont effect a college gig for next year. Wont play over the bowleys but will back them up if they are in foul trouble, can play inside or outside.

beaumont - has improved at this level over the summer and gives a lot of speed and agression to this group.

others to watch out for:
christina kockinakis
kara hargraves
Rhanna vehlow

Reply #61993 | Report this post

Toddler  
Years ago

Toddler knuckles scrape the ground whem he walks, so his height probably does not matter that much.
Lommax is Sapwell playing this season and Tom Coffi (U/20) is not on your list.

Reply #62011 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

As far as I know Sappa is playing, however I have heard that Sappa may just coach. I guess it depends on who he recruits.

Yep forgot Cioffi

Reply #62013 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

what about you Lommax? Retirement? Why summer and no winter?

Reply #62018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flames record better in Summer?

Reply #62020 | Report this post

D Brent  
Years ago

'The difference' is that refering to the diffence between a dirty car and a clean one?? i have not seen gower make any other major differences.

Reply #62027 | Report this post

Leave me alone D Brent! Your not funny.

Reply #62045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wondering what the Southern junior women think about the recruiting drive?

Reply #62061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

many of those returning

braithwaite/byrt were orginally southern juniors

they are just returning home

the juniors can do what other juniors do search out another club

Reply #62082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah yes the juniors can search for another club...then that club will be accused of poaching.....or approaching .....yikes.

Reply #62107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good won Ryan & Shane keep trying to stir shit move on your at south!

Reply #62109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The juniors may think its good to be part of a winning senior program.

Reply #62113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Juniors have had three years. The Tigers haven't gone close to Finals in that time.

As a Club Southern have recruited where they needed too. They needed veterans and that's what they've gone out and gotten.

The Juniors at the club that are up to succeeding at ABL level will still get games. If the juniors believe they should play ABL then they should try and earn a spot.

It'll be good to see a Tiger team in Finals again, for a club with a great tradition at Senior Women's level (including 11 years in the WNBL) the past five years have been extremely disappointing.

Reply #62116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know if Oscar is going to be playing for sturt yet?

Reply #62117 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

over the past few years, Southern Juniors havent had a solid base of skill/talent to learn from - good juniors have had to take on senior roles and play senior minutes without having players to further develop their own games from. This season younger players will benefit from the added intensity and leadership of experienced players. I think it is a neccessary move for Southern to make. Unfortunately some 2005 players may find their isnt a spot for them on the roster. Hopefully they suck it up and remain a valuable part of the whole senior program.

Reply #62161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West Men:

Phillips
Craddock
Pearce
Evans
Bell
Crothers
Krause
Mencel
Granger
Slowinski
Zacharjak
Spadavecchia
Ali

Reply #62167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Add Molitor to that also!

Reply #62168 | Report this post

opposition leader  
Years ago

southern woman who cares

Reply #62194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You do ya wanker or you would stop writting about it!

Reply #62196 | Report this post

jayclarke  
Years ago

ivor i love u

Reply #62198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

molitor is over rated

Reply #62199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that norwood team is the whos who of basketball

Reply #62200 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

I take it big JAZ is not suiting up for West in the ABL again. It is a pity a man of his size, skill and flexibilty is lost to playing div 3. There isnt an honest person reading this that could deny that Jarod would be in the best 8 players for any ABL team.

Reply #62423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That norwood lineup is the best they have had in 5 yrs.

Reply #62425 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

you forgot one thing about Jaz - the attitude (I've had him described to me by 2 of his teammates that he is 'uncoachable') and we'll see how good that norwood lineup is tonight...

Reply #62452 | Report this post

badger  
Years ago

southern women definitely needed to recruit but welcomng the entire mass exodus from south was too much. they only needed a decent centre and probably one other player. Those south girls combined with the best player in the league couldn't win a championship, what makes people think they will win one at southern?? i think they may find it difficult to gel as a team.. only time will tell..

Reply #62511 | Report this post

Your off ya head!  
Years ago

I think that the problems with jazz were more personal than bball with him and the west coaches. He always just wanted to win when we were growing up. Look at what west has had and turned to shit, Brad Philp, Nick Brewer, Jamie G, Patty Jenko, Younie and even stuffing around Cioffi. All made multiple state sides and all wouldve played abl for years together.

Reply #62519 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

Lets get our facts straight there is not a mass exodus from south! Only 3 players played last year. Colleen, Bec and Tracey. The other's have either had time off or in Olivia's case she is coming from the Canberra Nationals that play in the warrath abl. As for winning a title thats up to however makes the team to do there best and the players that don't can watch from the sidelines. Thats life!

Reply #62536 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

I'll start some crap even though i don't know what I'm talking about here but is my tip at who will stay at southern. Tammy Birbeck, Gillian Hendrie and Kate Burkevics. Thats my tip. The rest up in the air!

Reply #62543 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Norwood team did alright last night lockstock ;-)
Hopefully the 2's can back it up tonight.

Reply #62547 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

Younie is a good player, having played against him a few times in div 3, I think he should be given a chance to get back to ABL somewhere even if not west. I also think he is a similar type player to crothers in that he has the physique and the power to bump players around and influence his teams aggression towards the opposition. Maybe that plays to his disadvantage to some extent.

Reply #62550 | Report this post

greenback  
Years ago

He's nothing like Crusher!

Crothers Plays for his team, Younie plays for himself.

Reply #62556 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

norwood too good last night, loss of Stevie won't help tonight but we'll put in a better show than last night. Good luck

Reply #62630 | Report this post

Charlie  
Years ago

Im sure Younie would like to be coached by someone who has at least played the game and has confidence in their own rotations. For someone who has already won plenty of individual awards, team success is what matters. he plays for the team win, not for the stats.

Reply #62957 | Report this post

badger  
Years ago

Bullshit artist, if you're going to ask me to get my facts right, can you not molest the English languauge in the process of doing so. Anyway I thnk you'll find that the players that you are talking about were still from South reguardless of whether they had time off or not...

Reply #62993 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

Good job your not playing then isnt it!

Reply #62996 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

South Trials Sunday, January 8, Southern Trials January 9... Things will really hot up on here after that!

Reply #63183 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

Who is lining up for south men next season, is the same squad playing again?

Reply #63184 | Report this post

annoymous  
Years ago

who is in the south girls line up for next year and where do you think they will finish.

Reply #63243 | Report this post

be patient  
Years ago

Vicki Kelson will head South's lineup next year but apart from Kylie Evans she doesn't have any real support. Jenni Carberry is a couple of years past her best and although they try hard, their bench players are a long way from genuine starting 5 talent.

If the rumours are true and they pick up Sarah Peddle, she could add value to the side.

Glen definitely has the gift of the gab but he is yet to prove any serious value as a coach.

A long year ahead for the panthers unfortunately.

Reply #63342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

krause back at norwood after a very short stint at west!!

Reply #64682 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Is that right! Anyone else confirm this? What was his reasons??? If ya need a team big boy, let me know!

Reply #64687 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I once heard someone call Younie a complete waste of space. Having seen him play, I agree that he plays only for himself and does not seem to realise there are 4 other players on court. He just doesnt have the discipline for the game at this level. Cant ever imagine him back in the west aba lineup, nor any other club.

Reply #64832 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

My Sources have told me you can add NERRIDA COOPER to Southern for ABL 2006

Reply #64842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A couple of changes in eagle land.... farnam retired, wilson to the pioneers, arnold recruited and from all reports training well! Think if the eagles are to get back to the GF and go one step better, they will need another big guy. Dix is another year older, and big Dougie is a solid player for them and has been for a few years, but he is not a starting centre! Think we might just see Pero and/or Reesey back in the blue and gold this year!. With a premier big guy the Eagles will again be the team to beat, without one, I would suggest that they would probably just be makin up the numbers in the finals!

Reply #65062 | Report this post

greenback  
Years ago

Doug is a perfect starting centre for them he is totally defensively orientated and he can shut any big guy in the league out. They don't need any more scorers.

Reply #65064 | Report this post

eagl$s  
Years ago

yes Pero or Reesey, great options.....it did them well two years ago.....salary/sponsors cap anyone?????????

Reply #65075 | Report this post

rorters  
Years ago

Forestville don't need to worry about the salary cap.

Matt Sutton doesn't get paid to play, he gets 5K+ to do Aussie Hoops.

Jason Dix gets "paid" to "work" in the bar.

So they still have their 15K+ to spend on the rest of their team.

Or they can just pay them to "do clinics" or "work in the bar" and get aid for that.

Reply #65083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nerida Cooper to southern??? Looks like they have a brand new team, out with the old and in with the new. Setting a good example for all the juniors at the club, well done southern!

Reply #65547 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

Ryan you dick head

Reply #65554 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

Quick all Southern female juniors you had betta leave cuase your senior womens team is going to be to good. You had betta go to south or some where cause even though your only 14 there's no room for you in the team for the next couple of years. Oh my god I had betta go just because some wanker on Hoops tells me to. Whoever keeps writting this crap on this site is a complete and utter tool!

Reply #65684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is coaching at South this year????

Reply #65909 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Queenprick,
It was you who screwed things up...

Apparently there were at least 15 U16 or u18 girls out to Southern ABA trials.

Southern now has some seasoned experienced players to choose from, who will provide the base for a successful team through which Southern juniors Who you're telling to leave) can actually learn and develop from, rather than be thrust into the ABL team and told to do their best.

Logically, as players become pregnant, marry and move away, etc spots will open up. The challenge is for the other players at the club to look at themselves and further develop their individual game.

There are many reasons why Southern has been able to recruit so well - having a coach who's well-respected by ex-players is a start.

Feel free to reply, but at least have the guts to put some name to it..

pickles housemate stands by the 191 comments made, rather than hiding behind random 'anonymous' attacks.

Glenn Shaw is South Women's ABA coach - dunno the Mens.

Reply #66034 | Report this post

greenback  
Years ago

aren't you also hiding behind a nickname (as am i)

Kelly manning has the job again for the men

Reply #66130 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

No - i don't consider "greenback" to be hiding behind a name, provided you're willing to stand by the comments you make as "greenback", and not change alias - which is what i was discussing in my post.

Reply #66253 | Report this post

jager  
Years ago

You are all talking about the big teams yet you forgot aboput the dark horses Eastern. Rumours say that hill and Holmes are playing this year. and apparraently Benson is ther.

Reply #66649 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

South women are rumoured to have a couple of imports from Canada Chloe from Norwood and Taya from Woodville and were after a WNBL player and Sarah from Southern.
Norwood are rumoured to have Angela from Sturt.

Reply #66654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hows this for norwood mens starting frontcourt. sapwell, cooper and krause. will be pretty intimidating and hard to stop id imagine?? robin ely is also back for a full year

Reply #66676 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Mr Hankie, they don't have Sarah.

Reply #66718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank god they dont

Reply #66881 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

mmm, South don't have anyone... I wonder who's gonna inbound the ball to vikki?

Reply #66894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pickles housemate WHAT is your axe that your constantly wanting to grind!

Reply #66897 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

Southern men have lost hobo to woodville>

Reply #66904 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Southern men will be ordinary. If they have lost hobo then that will hurt them more.

Reply #66910 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

No axe... this is about ABL rosters.

1 - An "anonymous" replied to my statement about South not having Sarah Peddle.
2 - (...Believing it was someone from South)I replied.
3 - How does this affect you unless you were the "anonymous"...???
4 - I wasn't unaware that i was grinding an axe, just "doing unto others".
5 - Have a nice day. :)

Reply #66930 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

No In The Know Southerm men will not be ordinary. They have pick up some very good recuit's. So they will be around the mark but I'm sad to see hobo go. Good luck to him and hope he does well.

Reply #66935 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

So who have they picked up apart from the big guy?

Reply #66970 | Report this post

4th in line  
Years ago

In the know - the only thing they will lose from Hobo leaving is they won't see this girlfriend at their games until they play the green and gold - Southern's bigs are looking better already

Reply #66985 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Such as?

Reply #66989 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

Thats a hash 4th in line.

Reply #66996 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

Sorry about the typo for all you teachers out there. I meant harsh but hash is good as well.

Reply #66997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

heard brad hill did not want to play for his father at Eastern. has anyone else heard this?

Reply #67029 | Report this post

MACEWEB  
Years ago

Dan lalic is more than capable of filling the departure of Hoban excellent at sealing in the post and able to catch all sorts of passes.

Reply #67044 | Report this post

pickles  
Years ago

southern have some excellent junior boys so it would be good to see some of them get a run this year.

Reply #67122 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

And who would that be?

Reply #67129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

in the know - how big is that chip on your shoulder! - why be a hater? Disgruntled player? ex tiger that got cut????

Reply #67144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why so defensive...he just asked a question!

Reply #67147 | Report this post

Fritz n Sauce  
Years ago

Forestville Eagles starting 7 this year:

Belinda Treadwell
Jenny Screen
Narelle Lindsay
Sherie Smith
D Randford

Coach - Sharon Simmons
no need for any other bench players on a team like this, coach can help out if required.

Reply #67149 | Report this post

Fritz n Sauce  
Years ago

By the way does anyone know if Michele Whithead is playing for Mavs or umpiring? as she is on the list above but I thought she was a Aba umpire..???

poses the question can you do both?

Reply #67152 | Report this post

fluffy  
Years ago

with a team that was listed for forestville. they will have too many restricted wnbl players. there were 4 listed. i thought you were only alowd 2 in a team?

Reply #67156 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Correct and they also have the Irish one in the mix if she comes back from Townsville???

I would say they would keep there juniors and move on D, and Screeny

They would come in handy with big money @ Centrals or Woodville

Keep the comp a little more even

Reply #67159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fritz and why can't she do both

if mavs play on sat night she could do a game on a sunday she obviously could not play women's game at mt barker then travel to gawler to do the mens the same night or do the men's game at mt barker because it would be perceived as bias

far too many times refs are asked to give up playing to concentrate on their umpiring

Reply #67164 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

Lindsay was not a forestville junior.

Reply #67165 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Hankie Spanky you are on the ball
Lindsay was a Tiger, but that was long long ago, and has been a Eagle for much longer than D or J.

Reply #67174 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

Can't you read what you wrote Bear or do you need your glasses checked? You said "they will keep there juniors". The fact is the other's you say in your post are not Forestville juniors. In fact they have very few forestville juniors in there team! But yes you are correct all the players you have said have played for them for a while now.

Reply #67180 | Report this post

pickles  
Years ago

in the know, players such as Dan lalic, Rhino, Sam Hemmings, Michael Florance, Phil Brown.

Atleast a couple of them should be getting some minutes this year dont you think?

Reply #67205 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Agreed pickles. Would think they will get time. They surely are Southerns future men's program.

Reply #67206 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

michelle w whould probably favour her umpiring above playing if she had to make a choice but at the moment i dont see that she does.

Reply #67218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find VC fan that at this level Michelle will have to make a choice. I can't se to many coaches in ABA will like an opposition player ref'íng there game. That only stands to reason but having said that I think it will be a tuff choice for her cause Michelle is a good player and a good ref. The ABA comp need's good ref's but Eastern need's good players. As does any team in the comp.

Reply #67308 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing her well in whatever choice she makes.

Unfortunately I agree with Anon above in saying i dont think too many ABA coaches would like her umpiring games in the competition she plays in.

I don't for one minute doubt her impartiality, but i wouldn't want to give anyone the chance to make that accusation.

In lower standard competition, it doesn't matter so much, but at ABA level the stakes are reasonable high.

Again, all the best.

Reply #67366 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

good on taya to south - they get a good deal there and a coach that offers individual one on ones and a team plan, free gym membership and other freebies.

Reply #67826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

geez thats good lets all move to south and still finish at the bottom.

Reply #67866 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Surely some other punters should be willing to lay down their bets on their own clubs ABL rosters?

Reply #67892 | Report this post

rrrr  
Years ago

Reply #67947 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

mmm, thanks for that. :)

Anyone else?

Reply #67983 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

Joel Goodenough is playing for Southern Tigers men this year!

Reply #68104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumor going around tigerland over the weekend is the there womens coach has been offered 2 ABA jobs for next yr (07). 1 in Melbourne and the other in Qld. Dont know if this is true or not?

Reply #68722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one cares Noel. Just worry about your season ahead. Then worry about whats happening interstate. You just keep making a fool of yourself!

Reply #68811 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Take it easy Kinghorn.

Reply #68821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i heard that sam is in the north squad i think that is funny ......

Reply #68903 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Who is Sam?

Reply #70597 | Report this post

Clint Dogg  
Years ago

Is it ABL or ABA in NSW?.

Reply #176665 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754