Anonymous
Years ago

Bogut stars as Shaq gets REJECTED!

Milwaukee is standing up to Shaq and the Heat.

Bogut gets 6 points in under 6 minutes while Shaq gets 2 fouls and Andrew Bogut REJECTS O'Neal and then sprints down the court to get the pass for an easy 2. All in one play!

Go BOGUT!

The commentators have said all good about him saying how he does fantastic passes and how he can shoot, even left handed (non-preffered) Infact all of his 6 were from his left!

Topic #5454 | Report this topic

cLaRkY  
Years ago

watchin that game live on ESPN....

THE BLOCK WAS WICKED!!
Its good to see that he is getting decent court time at the moment, he spent some time on the bench because of some quick fouls but the bucks are playing well!

Reply #61968 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Unfortunatly as the half ends Bogut has spent a fair bit of time on the bench because he picked up two quickish fouls. Why Stotts doesnt run more offensive sets for Bogut and Malgoire I dont know. It would have to be more effective than the over dribbling by TJ Ford. PS: Boguts block on Shaq was sweet :-)

Reply #61976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can anyone give another update. NBA site says down by 10 at the start of the 4th. ANyone watching this game on ESPN?

Reply #61987 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Anon #61987, Miami won 100-83. Never really got close in the fourth quarter and the heat just went through the motions. Bogut played considerably better than his stats suggest, playing good defence, setting good picks and showing some really nice court vision. Unfortunatly Redd was shooting bricks all game, I reckon he would have shot at least 10 3's. Overall ESPN commentators were very impressed with Bogut and just mentioned that when he gains more muscle he will become a more dominant force down low.

Reply #61989 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Well, Bogut was in the starting 5, and finished with the following stats.

28.19 Min, 3-5 0-0 0-0 for six points, 0 and 5 boards, 3 assists, 3 fouls, 0 stls, 1 blk, 1t/o.

Reply #61992 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Who would know if Bogut was a dominated force down low or not. Stotts refused to run anything through him......

Reply #61994 | Report this post

It annoyed me how long he left Bogut on the bench. It's stupid how long they bench players with 2 fouls. If you pick up 2 fouls in the first you're pretty much guaranteed not to get back on until the 2nd quarter. With Bogut on they were winning, and when he was off they were losing. They were constantly doubling him and he was finding the open man all the time. Oh well.

Reply #62004 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

ELG, sometimes I think by benching players with fouls, you are almost fouling them out early anyway. If you leave them on, they may pick up another foul or get fouled out.

By benching someone you give the other team the advantage. Let someone get fouled out by their own accord. The other team is only advantaged if a player actually gets fouled out.

Does anyone understand what I'm saying? I need a beer...

Reply #62008 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I understand fully doc...no actually I don't! I get called for fouls even when i'm on the bench!!!!

Reply #62010 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

That's something you and Dougy need to discuss.

What I'm trying to say is, the player may or may not pick up more fouls and be removed from the game. By subbing them out, you remove any doubt.

My pub needs me....

Reply #62012 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Panther, I've got an article for you: Sonics coach defends foul-magnet Fortson

In his last four games, the rugged forward has put together an impressive resume for the NBA infractions list.

He's been whistled for 20 fouls, five technicals, two ejections, one flagrant foul and one league-imposed suspension.

This season, Fortson is averaging a foul every 3 minutes he's in the game. Last season, it was a foul every 4 minutes.

Reply #62014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GO SHAQ

Reply #62033 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

LEAVE DANNY FORTSON OUT OF THIS. HE IS A TRUE CHAMPION!

Reply #62035 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

ah dig a hole dr bullshit

Reply #62037 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

but doc if you sub the offending player out you are saving him for later parts of the game when he/she is needed, if a key player is fouled out with 5-6 mins left in the game it could influence the game a fair bit!!

Reply #62144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But it would make it easier to get infront of the team!

Plus, The crowd would go wild if the opposition team had to sub there best player cause of fouling. Creates confidence and maybe spark a run or something.

What an influence a star player can be. if Shaq was subbed off cause of that then maybe a quality team wouldn't be scared anymore and the Heat are dead. Gone. Finished.

Star players have influences. Shaq makes people scared. Duncan is too tall and strong for others. Kobe and Artest have big tempers, which effects the team. Anthony, Iverson just stars! not negative, brillliant. Say one subs off, they could lose the game, even with just 5 minutes off.

Bogut, played well, 6 points, rejected Shaq then was off. Suddenly the bucks had a 10-0 run against them and when bogut got on he no longer had the spark.

All problems, i say leave the stars on aslong as they are smart enough to try something else and maybe be not so aggressive. Bogut, you could leave on. Shaq NO. Kobe, Artest HELL NO!

Reply #62160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bogut has been a dissapointment so far imo. his ppg and rpg does not fit that of a number 1 pick does it? i think Mil stuffed up their #1 pick on this one

Reply #62169 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:47 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754