panther lover
Years ago

Dissapointing result tonight------ WE MUST BOUNCE

It was dissapointing toinight but i still wouldnt call it a waste of a night. I am a true suppotrter asnd couldnt care if they were on the bottom of the ladder. I am dumbfoounded wiuth anger when i c people leave with a few mins to go in the last. Come on guys support our team.

The sixers didnt play great basketball tonight and it was there worst performance at home in a while. But here are some points contributing to why we lost. We are simply not big enough. Most teams have got height advantage over us. Its pretty hard for someone like dusty or Holmes trying to outbound Hinder or that evrstyn dude they are simply to tall.Our defence is simpl to weak and Farley won't just shoot it till there a few mins left or when the game is in the CLUTCH. I know people complain about his shot selection b ut in the first quarter he had open looks same as Maher and opted to pass instead. What ever happen to good old fashion running and gunning? Farley needs to just shoot the damn thing instead of showing the crowd tricks. Just catch it, jab step and pull up. Thats not asking much is it???? Not this dribble shit than fall away and make one of those out of 5. He did well in the last when he did his move than pulled up. Trahair was shooting the ball at a gd clip which really hurt us aswell. We need a bit of mungrel in our team someone like panther. Go panther Go, goodluck on tuesday, ill be there supporting.

LETS GO SIXERS BIG GAME ON WEDNESDAY---- HUGE WE MUST WIN FULLSTOP NO QUESTIONS, WE NEED THE WIN

Topic #5487 | Report this topic

Kwest  
Years ago

Im also a true supporter, and have been to just about every home game in the last 6 years. I have never left before the end of a game before tonight - and I have consistently been positive regarding struggling players and dissapointing performances...

But if I feel ripped off after watching a team play 3 minutes of passionate basketball out of 48 minutes, I feel it is quite in my right to walk out of there disgusted before the siren. And I did that this evening for the first time. It wasnt the loss that bothered me, it was the way they lost. I can only remember one other home game in the past 5-6 years which I felt the same way about. I think it was a home opener against the Hawks a few years ago.

Reply #62208 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kwest - yeah, I remember that game too, and it was definitely the first home game of a season against the Hawks. Horrible to watch.

Tonight, I thought Holmes and Nash were good, and Brad Hill also. That's about it!

Reply #62221 | Report this post

sixersfan  
Years ago

Farley must learn to play defence if the sixers are any chance to go anywhere in the playoffs.

When he put full court pressure on davidson in the last few minutes, it looked as though he was trying, but it didn't phase davidson too much! Then when they got the ball up the court Farley was lazy on a switch which gave Melmeth a seal on the basket and an easy two points.

Farley is ALWAYS lazy on screens, you watch the way the good teams exploit this. They will just screen Farley, he won't fight to get past the screen and therefore there is an open man. Watch the number of times that it is Farley's man that destroys us, maybe not always with the points, but with the pass that leads to the points because there are open players because of his laziness on D.

I know this sounds harsh, but if Farley could add some passion on the defensive end, to go with his great offence, we would have a star import, not one that only plays to look good and take the credit. DO THE DIRTY WORK ON D WILLIE!!!

Reply #62223 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Isaac, is oscar carying a injury from last night or is his confidence a little down,

i thought hill should have played more minutes he was definetly looking dangerous

Reply #62226 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Said the groin was fine, just a bit of a form drop after going without training for a week and perhaps tiredness from the game in Wollongong and then travelling back (I think they drive from Wollongong to Sydney straight after the game in order to get their flight the next morning, so they don't get to sleep until late).

If we can be down by 19 at home to an 8th placed team who have no imports and were missing their Boomers-squad young forward, I hope no one has any of those other upcoming games down as likely wins!

Reply #62228 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

West Sydney? I like our chances of getting them. I would put money on us to win that one (but only about 10 cents).

Reply #62307 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754