Mott the Hoople
Years ago

Is that score correct?

In the U18/1 Boys is the Norwood v Woodville score correct 146 v 56? I know it's top v bottom but..

Topic #5506 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, that score is correct. One kid managed to drain 50pts.

Reply #62392 | Report this post

I watched it, poor defense by woodville. The guy who got 50 would have got 20 in the first quarter, all off 3 pointers, all off the same play.

Reply #62398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would have been pretty impressive if there were no 3's in that 50, just 2's. But still, excellent effort to get 50 in any way, shape or form. Congratulations to that guy.

Reply #62401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually he only had 2pts at quarter time, it was the second quarter when he started lighting up. He probably could have scored more if Peter didn't take him out of the game with more than 5 mins to go!

Reply #62506 | Report this post

cat no go  
Years ago

so what is the kid's name who scored 50, guard or forward

Reply #62539 | Report this post

Josh Krake - guard

Reply #62563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thought it was policy on here not to name junior players?

Reply #62579 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Provided some Knob doesn't start trashtalking this kid for teh great game he obviously had, there shouldn't be a problem.

Reply #62581 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

looks like norrwood are gonna be a strong force this year in 18s 1s, anyone know it theyve played sturt or forrestville and if so , got any scores?

Reply #62622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood beat Sturt in round 1, by about 20.
Having said that, I think the 18s is one of, if not the, most even grades in the comp, with probably 5 or 6 legit chances to take it out.

Reply #62624 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

anonymous
who are the teams with a legit chance of taking it out

Reply #62626 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

I reckon 50 points for anyone is unbelievable whether it includes a lot of threes or not

Reply #62628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probabaly four teams have a fair chance of winning it. Norwood would have to be favourites, have played all season without Zac Johnson. Southern were unbeaten until Hemmings and Florence went away, so they will be up there. Sturt have only lost once, by 25 to Norwood, but they will be close. Forestville will get it together eventually. The other two that are around the mark are South and North, but realistically probably not a chance.

Reply #62644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

southern cant have a chance realistically because they lost to centrals

Reply #62800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern lost to Centrals because Hemmings and Florence weren't playing. Next time they meet will be a VERY different story.

Anyway, getting back to the topic, well done to Josh Krake. 50 pts at any level is huge.

Reply #62809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North beat forestville on friday by one point!

Reply #62811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think any of the six mentioned above could beat anyone on their day.

Norwood would be my favourites. Then Forestville. But I could also see Southern, Sturt, South or North winning if they get on a hot streak come finals.

Probably the only grade with six teams realistic about liking their chances.

Reply #62833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Josh Krake = God....
i heard he dunked it during the game as well, like full on facial? Is this ture?

Reply #69519 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Friday night, some girl from Southern scored 15 points in a row and 40+ for the game!!! Thats pretty good.

Reply #69529 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:43 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754