Isaac
Years ago

Breakers: Import Roulette

The NZ Breakers, having broken their 11-game losing streak with a home win over Wollongong, have a tough choice ahead. With three imports now injury-free, one must get the boot.

Brant Bailey: 18.3 PPG @ 41%, 6.1 RPG, 1.9 APG.
Rich Melzer: 14.0 PPG @
40%, 5.5 RPG, 1.9 APG.
Brian Green: 14.0 PPG @ 40%, 3.2 RPG, 2 APG.

Who goes? Green is averaging 22 PPG over the last two games after not getting much of a run in his first two games.

Topic #5508 | Report this topic

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Well if it was me....
Just going on thise stats i would probably get rid of Brian Green. Only because Melzer is averaging(?) more rebounds

Reply #62417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon they will cut Bailey, he's the least logical one to cut.

Reply #62430 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Bailey is gone.

http://nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=2766

Reply #62435 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bailey was pretty turnover prone. Are they expecting Majstrovich back anytime soon as that would have impacted the decision.

Reply #62439 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

They have no chance of making the finals so they probably axed the most expensive of the three you would think!

Reply #62454 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I guess he's out of the All Star game then ?

Reply #62455 | Report this post

Clint Dogg  
Years ago

The Hunter Pirates should sign Brant Bailey.

Reply #62484 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I thought he had already withdrew from the All-Star game (due to injury) and thus Tucker was taking his place.

Reply #62490 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

They have to keep Melzer, he has massive hops. He should be in the dunk contest.

Reply #62521 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

hmm i thought Bailey was giving a good return for the Kiwis

Reply #62533 | Report this post

cat no go  
Years ago

The imports arent the problem, its that guard Hanare? who runs around with the ball in his hands like a headless chook. Surely NZ could find a better point guard than him.

Reply #62538 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:59 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754