charlie
Years ago

remember when... (sixers appreciation time)

ahh.. it is time to appreciate the squad and remember the times when we had paris mcCurdy, jo jo, kym taylor.
who have been the biggest let downs to pull on a 36ers shirt? lets not just pick on the imports!

Topic #5513 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad MacKinnon

Reply #62471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe some players never really got a chance and maybe some had too many chances.
Hawkes, Gower, J Will, Brogan, Illman,

some that got away
Wheeler, Rose, Bradtke, Rillie, Moore, Brenton, Dix, Blakemore, Brad Mackinnon, Stiff, Paul Baur(spelling?),

Reply #62475 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

what about Willie Simmons, shot blocker extaordinare...

Reply #62476 | Report this post

allyoop  
Years ago

Michael Corkeron......

But then there was Rick Brunson, did nothing at the sixers yet manages to continue to get contracts in the NBA.

Reply #62500 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Willie Simmons was the PIMPEST player to pull on a sixers jersey, i remember he came to my primary school and i took him on 1 on 1. Oh the memories.

Reply #62504 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Brad McKinnon was a gun before the dark side got the better of him, there's no way he should be in the 'let downs' list.

I also thought Brunson was pretty solid as a Sixer, not our best import but better than most.

Also found it interesting that annonymous listed Illman as someone who had too many chances while Bauer was one than got away, I would have probably reversed those two.

Reply #62507 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Kym Taylor.

Don Shipway always talked him up for strange reason.

Reply #62510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

billo - Exactly, Brad could have been a great player but his off court life saw and end to that. Big Letdown.

Reply #62515 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

allyoop..did nothing as a Sixer? Really?

Reply #62526 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Jo Jo or should i say Jo-ke Jo-ke

came here with massive raps

left a massive let down

ill just mention Shipway and Dunlap as well in that list

another let down the club sacking the king for smoking the whoopy weed

Reply #62530 | Report this post

allyoop  
Years ago

Jasmine....you have to admit for someone of NBA calibre he (Rick Brunson) underachieved whilst with us.

Reply #62560 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Brunson's only memorable game was the Perth Semi (i think) where he ripped the team

Reply #62586 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

andrew svaldenis he turned out to be a great team man!

Reply #62817 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:33 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754