Anonymous
Years ago

New Years Eve game time change

Game has been changed from 8:30 to 9:00

Topic #5536 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Channel Ten advertised 8:00 change to 8:30.

Does anyone know what the real tip off time is?

Reply #62830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

8.30 is the official game time

Reply #62836 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

8:30 as far as I am aware. Just as the fox report above says.

Has anyone else seen the Banner hanging on the Balcony at the Stag?
It also says the tip off is 8:30pm on the 31st December, however it says we are playing the Sydney Kings!!

Reply #62844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh I saw that, maybe trying to get more of a crowd to the game!

Reply #62845 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Does anyone actually want the tip-off to be 9:00pm? 8:30pm was too late for me anyway, as I'm sure I act like the majority of the crowd and don't stick around for the celebrations.

As it is now I'll be trying to get a taxi at 11:00pm to rush to where I'm going. Looks like for the first time ever I will be forced to leave a game early.

Reply #62847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

from the NBL website

NBL game change
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 02:57 PM
NBL

The National Basketball League office has formally approved a change to the start time of the Philips Championship Round 18 game between the Adelaide 36ers and the West Sydney Razorbacks in Adelaide on December 31.

The 36ers requested that the tip-off time move back from 8:00pm CDT to the new time of 8:30pm CDT. The Razorbacks agreed to the time shift and the League office has since approved it. The venue will remain the same, being the Distinctive Homes Dome.

Adelaide 36ers versus West Sydney Razorbacks
31 December
8:30pm CDT

Reply #62856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This comes up nearly every time there is a game time change.

Firstly anon #5536 posted a link to the article which clearly states

'The 36ers requested that the tip-off time move back from 8.30pm (AEDT) to the new time of 9pm (AEDT).'

Now for those not to familiar AEDT stands for Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time

ie Victoria & New South Wales time.

CDT (Central Daylgiht Savings Time) - South Australia equates to a change form 8:00pm to 8:30pm.

TIP OFF IS NOW 8:30pm! CDT

Reply #62858 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Is anyone planning on going ?
I'd be interested to know how many HoopsSA posters are going !

I havent been to the new years game for a couple of years.

Reply #62859 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I'll be there!

Reply #62862 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

same here might even sit next to bizzy.
bags second(sorry skip)

Reply #62866 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

hehe, Thats the quickest Ive ever seen you booga!

Reply #62883 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I'll be there. I won't sit anywhere near Bizzy.

Reply #62899 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

We'll be there as per last few years.

Reply #62934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what actually happens after the game then? is there some sort of entertainment? Can anyone go or is it just for members?

Reply #62938 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They cover the court and put on a band or DJ, players sign autographs, etc. Family oriented. Open to everyone who has a game ticket.

Good for families, but crap for the players who get stuck working NYE each year!

Reply #62966 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

That's rubbish Isaac, they don't stick around. If you're lucky they'll make a 5 minute appearance and then run off to their own parties. Only the "family" players may stay a bit longer. Having the game so late upsets plans for people wanting to go out after the game. By the time you take the car home and take some form of transport, its already past midnight.

Reply #62967 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, I don't blame them to be honest. How many NYE games have they had to play?

Reply #62972 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I don't blame them either, nor do I expect that they will stay. I am just annoyed at the way it is publicised leaving people to think that its a New Year's Eve party with the players in attendance.

Reply #62975 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

get over it..the players are a sh*t load of cash to play Basketball for god sake...im sure they can spend an hour or so, repaying the fans.

Ill be there, as always, and yes its a good family night

Reply #62980 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

oops.."paid a sh*t load"

Reply #62981 | Report this post

KBIDB  
Years ago

hmm yeah the players will miss out on actually celebrating new years i guess

Reply #63143 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

ill be there allways a good one, bizzy hunt me down as well aye :)

Reply #63194 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

anybody see the american NFL...play the game on Xmas night...aint to bad for our guys to be there on NYE??

Reply #63207 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

The game should start at 7:00 ,why does Adelaide always play on NYE?
Make Sydney play at home on NYE and see a crowd of 500 people show up!

Reply #63208 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

And the NBA play on Xmas too.

Reply #63220 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

I will be there oly because season tickets are too expensive to go unused have been for several NYE now but after game a fizzer, would prefer game was on earlier so my family go somewhere else in good time to really see the NY in with some enthusiasm. I think it is time to give the NY eve games a miss. It will be interesting with the team not proforming so well how many fans do give up their NY eve to watch. Good Luck 6ers

Reply #63322 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I am actually pretty annoyed that this will be 3 years in a row that there is a game on NYE. Its 3 years that I have had to decline party invitations with friends to attend the game. My 1st priority will always be the game but this time I will not get caught out just standing around doing nothing after the game and being fooled into thinking its a NYE party.

Reply #63332 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:06 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754