Seb007
Years ago

THE GAME 2NITE

Hi I was just wondering how was the game tonight? I hope it was entertaining!

Cheers!!!

Seb007

Topic #5624 | Report this topic

FLY  
Years ago

It wasn't very good. Lacked tempo. Lacked a lot.

Reply #63570 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

Gutter stuff by the Seals aimed at player 6, Pearce

Reply #63572 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Well, it was good to get a win and end that losing streak. I guess when you have lost 5 straight any win is a good win to get the monkey off the back. However, the Sixers played poorly again and it was a peformance that against almost any other team in the league (besides maybe New Zealand) would have end with a 6th straight loss.

Reply #63573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I hear a formal complaint is going to be lodged against the seals for their racial taunts towards Pearce.

Reply #63574 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Crowd size?

Reply #63575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didnt realise calling someone a skater boy was a racial taunt. Thats all i heard from them and i sit quite close.

Reply #63576 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

It was good to get a win but when I left at three quarter time, I asked for my money back!

Reply #63579 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Why Sturty6ers? You got to see the outcome of the game by 3 quarter time and also had plenty of time to catch up with the NYE festivities. You got the best of both worlds. Sorry no refund applicable here.

Reply #63583 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Was it full? anyone give an indication of crowd?

Reply #63585 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

it was a huge crowd and a very at times a very noisy crowd dont know the figures but im sure its one of our best all year

Reply #63588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #63589 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

seemed more then that seen games this season look like half as many as there was last night 90% of the nose bleed section was full

4777 doesnt sound like the right figure to me maybee 5500 plus

Reply #63592 | Report this post

mum  
Years ago

what did the seals supposedly say?

Reply #63593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The navy seals are pretty low - they don't add anything entertainment wise and are only there to abuse opposition players.

On the topic of crowd behaviour, this season has to be the worst - I noticed security going after someone at the end of the game, which seems to be a common recurrence this year.

Reply #63617 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Anon...That is interesting that you would think that this the worst season in terms of crown behaviour, because I would consider this the most lifeless the Sixers crowd has ever been. There have been games were the crowd has been great, but generally speaking the crowd has been dull by 36ers standards.

Reply #63620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mum, I dont actually know what was said, I was told that team wasnt impressed with the racial taunts and that the umpires heard what was being said. I would expect to hear more about it this week, I notice none of them have been on here yet, either a big night out or trying to ride the wave out.

Reply #63621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was nothing racial said to Pearce, he was being payed out about where was his skateboard as he was wearing skatie type shoes.

Reply #63626 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

yes big night out! we the seals will not lower ourselfs to be racial like they do in perth and west sydney(u can ask chris anstey about that).
With no.6 pearce all we did was pay him out about looking like "a skater boy", with the shoes he was wearing, mid lenght socks(pulled up), head band and hair(the tats helped as well). So i dont see how thats is being racist, all the comments that where made as said above were"oi skater boy","where's ur skateboard pearce" and "crack an olley" .
We would not allow racial slurs to be used against any player or offical in the league.We are well aware of the fact there are children around us and it would and shouldn't be tolarated by the club or the league.

Reply #63646 | Report this post

bozza  
Years ago

I sure can confirm nothing racial was said by the seals, unless someone has grossly mis-interpreted calling someone a skaterboy a racial comment.

I am wondering if someone\rumour has confused where the comment originated, there was an audience member who I suspect started NYE drinks early sitting near the players race yelling out all kind of things - I suggest this might be your culprit Mr Anon if something was said other than skateboard terms.

Reply #63659 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

when the seals appeared i was first in line to knock the guys..the look and the idea.

I have changed my mind, good on you guys..i fully support the effort you put in..the good natured banter..and the help with getting some life from the crowd.

those who are having shots at the seals..have never actually listened..give these guys a break..they are doing something to help our team.

(by the way..dont know them..never met them..never even spoken to them)

Reply #63660 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

keep up the good work seals dont let the tards who are trying to lower you down get to ya

Reply #63674 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Hear, Hear Thomo! I agree. Keep up the good work seals. It would be nice to see the 'dance off' with the sixers girls again too!

Reply #63698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jasmine - I agree with you. I have been a season ticket holder for 10 seasons now and the crowds have definitely been more dull. What you don't seem to understand is that I didn't say the entire crowd has been loud and crazy - it's just that there has never been a season where security has been involved due to the number of incidents and pathetic behaviour of some people. Just ask any of the security guards.

Reply #63747 | Report this post

Brick  
Years ago

Dana,

We'll be having another "Dance-Off" with the Sixer-Girls at the next home game on Jan 11th against New Zealand at half-time.

On another note, I only found out about these disgraceful allegations of racism levelled against us last night and I too only heard Skater boy remarks coming from us and didn't hear and certainly wouldn't condone any racial or personal remarks about the players.

Reply #63817 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754