Isaac
Years ago

Quotable - Caron Butler

"Honestly, this is probably going to strike a nerve with a lot of people. But my most memorable Christmas memory was having all of my uncles and aunties out of prison for one Christmas, and that includes me. We had a lot of run-ins with the law, and to have us all out at one time was great." -- Wizards forward Caron Butler
Classic.

Topic #5655 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

Yeah thats what 1 million other Americans would have said aswell!
Tsk Tsk could you imagine someone like an AFL player saying dumb shit like that

Reply #64029 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

dude, that's a bonafide "classic" quote, some seriously funny shit!!!

but ssskkkkkuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrr! last time i checked, there were/are quite a few prisons down under.

as a matter of fact, i actually lived near one while playing for the kings in homebush.

dude it was right around the corner.

i passed it quite often on my way to the wed wooster and not ONCE did i hear "tupac" or "two-pack", notice any pimped out rides out front or big bootie bitches, WOBBLING THAT ASS, outside of the prison gates.

furthermore, i'll even go out on a limb and say that....."they're probably full of australians"!!!

YO, didn't a footy player just threaten to kill somebody?

Tsk Tsk!

Reply #64058 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I have one thing to say, KB u crack me up.

Reply #64092 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Who was the footy player who threatened?

Or atleast which team did he play for? Im just curious kb

Reply #64108 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

dude, it was all the papers a week or so ago.

some port power player, i think.

though he's not a footy player, let's not forget, "mr. feel me up".

gower..........tsk, tsk.

you'll never hear of an american football player doing some dumb shit like that..................................................................................................................well maybe?

Reply #64260 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Obviously KB, you've been living with your head in the sand and haven't heard of Terrell Owens. TO turned on his own team this year!

Reply #64262 | Report this post

Years ago

I think who kb means is Craig Gower, now ex-Captain of the Penrith Panthers NRL team.

Reply #64272 | Report this post

Years ago

Sad to say Kobe Bryant was in hot water a while back tsk tsk.

Reply #64276 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

yeah, yeah.

point is, there's "dumb shit", being said and done, right here in australia........not just in the states.

Reply #64290 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

The AFL player in reference was the current Crows vice-captain and a member of their leadership group. I think he was trying to help Johncock find his 'stolen' car.

Reply #64306 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

kb...more true words have never been spoken. I can't stand anti-Americanism, but one I love is the standard "American's are so stupid" line of thought. We can think that because Australia is literally crawling with geniuses. Anyone who has worked a week in customer service will not doubt be able to back me up, 90% of Australians posses simply brilliant minds!

Reply #64446 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

im in agreeance with kb.... its not like australia is the most complete perfect country in the world... or is it? :S

Reply #64456 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

"This is my first summer [with] no trouble. I ain't go to jail for speeding. Didn't go to jail for DUI. I didn't break my foot. I didn't break my other foot. I'm one step ahead of the game already."
-- Kwame Brown
Another classic.

Reply #65134 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

i'm well aware of how auzzies love to give it to americans.

but dudes, let's not forget......if it wasn't for the "bloody yanks", you guys would be eating raw fish daily and have (collectively) the smallest peckers in the world!!!

Another classic, bizzy.

Reply #65590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and instead, mcdonalds. lovely!!

Reply #65593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and with the yanks, we're also eating bush's pecker daily anyway. not sure that i see the benefits kb!!

Reply #65594 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

dudes, i've come to realize that "taking the piss out of people", especially americans, is a favorite australian pastime.....you enjoy it.....it's fun, the tall poppy thing.

we can take it......however, we can also give it.

therefore, don't get so defensive when we give it back.

as for "and instead mcdonalds. lovely!!"......mate, you don't have to eat there! besides, are meat pies any healthier?

and "eating bush's pecker". well, i'm truly sorry that you have to know what that tastes like.

bush is a wanker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i guess that's a little of what you have to put up with if you want to be an ally of the US OF A.

either that, or you have the balls to tell bush where he can go!

i have to admit, my relationship with my country is "bittersweet"....because of it's history.......however, sometimes i am a very proud american.....definetly not during the aftermath of hurricane katrina.

"not sure that i see the benefits kb!!"

LOL, you're joking right?

on the other hand, maybe you're not...........you probably don't & won't appreciate the benefits.......not until they're taken away from you.

we're all guilty of that!

THE END.

Reply #65935 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

i better correct this before there's another attack.......

(definitely) not definetly.

Reply #65937 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Beautifully put kb

Reply #65943 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

damn, u dont give up do you kb? i wouldve thought people had realised they aint gonna win if they start something with u.

is funny tho.

Reply #65994 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I like this quote from New York Knicks president Isiah Thomas, who, when asked if any teams had expressed an interest in trading for forward Shandon Anderson:

To answer that question honestly, I'd have to lie to you.

Reply #66104 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

KB, not a truer word spoken. Equality for all

Can't believe I got my first bball icon in over 500 posts. w00t w00t

Reply #66114 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:42 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754