Panther
Years ago

Fighting within the Bullets!

According to the mini write up FOXTEL have put up on there programming there have been rumours of fighting within the team at trainings. Has anyone else heard of these rumours and are there any articles about it???

Topic #5664 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

sounds right but don't believe the media yet!

Reply #63966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jesus panther how many clubs have you played for were there was some kind of in fighting you cant have that many egos on the one team and not have some kind of conflict im positive it happens at every professional club

Reply #63968 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Word is a bit of a dispute between Joey Wright and one of the key players (not Brannen, probably not Rucker or Copeland).

Shame, because if they all got on the right page, they'd be a chance at taking on the Kings without Roberts!

Reply #63969 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

LOL, yer anon I guess your right, but there is generally a line you don't cross and I was just asking if anyone else knew of anything.
Damn, i've seen one player give another player an upper cut that sent the other player flying!!! And no, neither player wwas me!

Reply #63986 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

it has been rumoured that Joey Wright has not been the most popular person with some players up here. Apparently practises can get very full on and the coach doesnt hide his feelings when players dont do exactly what he wants. Probably a bit different to Lindsay Gaze's laid back way of doing things and it may ruffle some feathers!

Reply #64019 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

So they should be fighting....they friggin suck for all of the talent they have on their roster.

JVG will fire JWrights ass as soon as the year is over

Reply #64025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fresh from fox, carfino interviewed McKinnon at the end of quater and he said that last year there was!
last year 2005, probably weeks ago.

McKinnon said that it was buisness and that's all when asked if he had a scuffle with joey wright

Reply #64030 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

and in regard to the game on Fox right now - isnt it a pleasure to have not heard the phrase 'user friendly roll' once!!!

Reply #64034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree!

i hear that all the time from casey-carfino (mainly case)

ANNOYING!

Reply #64037 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Yeh but how many times did we hear "two pieces of the iron without success" and "he has ___ in that category" and "beyond the arc" and "long range bomb" and "...checks into the game" and "the ball does a lap of honour" and "charity stripe".

Theres no avoiding all of them in one game. Dont get me wrong, i like his commentry but i get tired of his sayings, they lose all meaning after a while.

Reply #64083 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

fights breaking out during trainings is not a rarity in any sport.

it doesn't mean that a coach has lost control of his players.

some coaches actually like it.

i don't know if the sixers are getting into any "scuffles", but phil didn't seem to mind it at our practices........which was quite often.

it's not really a big deal.......unless a coach takes a swing at a player or a player takes a swing at a coach.

that's totally off limits!!!

(assistant coaches not included)

Reply #64109 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Ha ha ha, I heard that's the case Kb!

Reply #64111 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

or unless your name is Sprewell and enjoy choke holds.......

Reply #64112 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

So last night Stev and Shane were saying the rumour is Sammy Mac and Joey (always) Wright went at it at a training session. From what they were saying and also what I took out of what Sam said, Joey is a very intense coach whereas Sam is a very casual type person and they were guessing that Joey expects more out of Sam and told him about it. Unfortunately it sounds like there was no biffo!

Reply #64115 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

I hope Spreewell comes into Detroit and gets in a fight with Big Ben.... That should set him straight!

Reply #64168 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

apart from the jelly-bean incident, did the big fella have much to say at those or any training sessions?

Reply #64179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea, the big fella always had something to say and he pissed us off from time to time.

by the way, when i say "scuffles", that doesn't mean that they were always physical.

the majority of the time they were "verbal".

guy(s) ticked off because they lost a drill and/or scrimmage.

guy(s) salty because somebody's busting their ass and letting them know about it.

guy(s) FUMING if their teammate didn't called out a screen set by mark davis......CRRUUUNNCH!!!

dude, you could actually feel your spine move.

puddy could be making a shit load of money as the "pick-setting chiropractor"....."RUN ON BY & I'LL CRACK YOUR BACK, NECK, & SPINE IN NO TIME".

our training were sooooo competitive.

nobody wanted to lose..........mostly because they didn't want to hear about it the rest of the day.

don't mention if someone got "DUNKED" on.

after the verbal abuse, your locker would be plastered with the "dunker's" trading cards.

needless to say, the big fella had quite a collection, mostly from me (smile).........actually i dunked on everyone, including phil.

but catman took the fun out it. he seemed to enjoy getting "poked" on!

Reply #64288 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

(above)

Reply #64289 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

KB, thanks for your posts. There's likely many of us (or is it just me) that appreciate your words which give us a glimpse into that we don't know or will never experience. Really strums up interest into the 'behind the scenes' of the 36ers.
Isaac, get him a blog where we can post questions.

Reply #64390 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Or maybe KB could have an official blog on the Sixers' site. Sure beats half the drivel written there now.

Reply #64403 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754