Isaac
Years ago

Hunter in financial strife

From someone on OzHoops:

NBN news tonight. Press Conference details.

Due to extremely low crowd numbers and low corporate support, Management and owners of The Hunter Pirates are concerned that if this continues, they will have to sell the team. This is a concern due to the Pirates current success, (compared to season one). Butch Hayes has come back to the club, to promote the club to the community for free, with a more community friendly approach. This starting with a visit by Miss Jennifer Hawkins at Saturday night's game. There is a high risk, that the Pirates franchise will be up for sale again if crowd numbers do not increase.
Pirates holding press conferences to reveal financial trouble, the Breakers unable to spend the cap. Will the NBL become a 12-team league, or will the Dragons just be replacing the Pirates?

On court, the Pirates fare well, so this is very unfortunate news for the league.

Oh, and can the Sixers please send Jennifer Hawkins an invitation to a Sixers game? Offer her one of my seats!

Topic #5673 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

Just make sure she doesn't wear a loose skirt.

Reply #64100 | Report this post

falcons couldn't cut it - so why should the pirates

the bizzare thing is townsville - with a smaller population gets - 4,500 per game.

newcastle - with a population of 300,000 struggles - perhaps some marketing and community promotion - work, work, work

Reply #64102 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Offer her my lap! And please make sure she's wearing a loose skirt!!!

Reply #64116 | Report this post

mum  
Years ago

Panther, you are a very naughty boy

Reply #64133 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

The Sixer should go after Geordie Cullen to fill that 5 spot.

With David Cooper to go to the bench.

Reply #64148 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

he would be good despite that fact i hate him.

Reply #64152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe

The most sensible comment you have ever made on this forum!! Totally agree

Reply #64153 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

joe i will agree with u their but can jen sit with the seals so we can be noticed more ,love to see joe ignore us then lol

Reply #64250 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

Maybe we can create two leagues, one for teams outside NSW and one for those in NSW and for the league outside NSW we can have a fair system with no one team getting any bias and a fair draw for all teams and the league in NSW where the Kings get anything they want but still can't draw a crowd. Eventually the league outside NSW buys out the NSW league which is failing dismally but control remains out side NSW. My dream!

Reply #64646 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

Maybe we can create two leagues, one for teams outside NSW and one for those in NSW and for the league outside NSW we can have a fair system with no one team getting any bias and a fair draw for all teams and the league in NSW where the Kings get anything they want but still can't draw a crowd. Eventually the league outside NSW buys out the NSW league which is failing dismally but control remains out side NSW. My dream!

Reply #64649 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:52 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754