Bizzy
Years ago

NBA All Star

I noticed there wasn't a thread about this so thought I would create one. Who would everyones All-Star starting 5's be at the moment? Based on performance not who you think is the best and who is available to be voted for on the NBA site?.

Mine would be:

East:
C - Ben Wallace - Having another good season - big presence in the middle.
F - Chris Bosh - would have to give this guy a spot having a great season
F - Tayshaun Prince - a huge contributor on the best team in the league
G - Chauncy Billups - deserves to make his 1st all-star appearance. Would be up there in the top 2 or 3 PG's in the league atm
G - Vince Carter - Has led the Nets on an 8 game winning streak after a slow start.

West:
C - Marcus Camby - Probably one of the top 2 centers in the league (until being injured) leading the league in rebounds and up there in blocks
F - Tim Duncan - just having another consistent Timmy D season
F - Dirk Nowitzki - having a stellar season leading the Mavs to a superb record and is even playing some defence!
G - Tony Parker - helping to lead the Spurs to the 2nd best record in the league
G - Steve Nash - having another MVP season leading the Suns to a decent record without Amare.

Others thoughts?

Topic #5675 | Report this topic

Bizzy, what kind of crack are you on?

East

C - Ben Wallace
Pf - Jermaine O'Neal
Sf - LeBron James
Sg - Vince Carter
Pg - Dwayne Wade

West

C - Tim Duncan
Pf - Elton Brand
Sf - Dirk Nowitzki
Sg - Kobe Bryant
Pg - Steve Nash

Reply #64146 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bizzy, I'm with you for the West, especially the call on Mr Camby. Best centre in the West this season, and yes, better than Yao.

On the East, I agree that Billups is most definately an All-Star, unfortunately he will never start due to his popularity. In real life, swap him for AI, but I'm hearing you on the starters nod for Chauncey (I bet Ricky P is pissed Billups has become soooo good).

Dark horses for the bench are Memo Okur and Redd.

I know your a die-hard Piston fan Biz, but Tay at SF over LeBron..

As I said on other threads, All-Star voting is a popularity contest not a true indication on who is playing the best ball. It sh*ts me no end that Amare gets 143,410 votes and hasn't played a game whilst The Matrix only has 129,333.

I bet you if they post one Michael Jordon in the 2007 ballot paper he would still out vote everyone, well maybe not Yao due to China. Damn popularity contest.......

Reply #64150 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Ofcourse - Bron didn't even think doh! Must be my Piston bias coming out after he dropped 30 on us in the loss =].

You're right TR it is a popularity contest hence why Billups won't start as with Big Ben as Shaq will start even though he missed 20 odd games.

Okur and Redd would definately have to be in the running for some bench spot, which is where Big Ben will come from as will Billups, I know this might seem biased but could Rip not be a dark horse too?

Always rely on you TR for some good NBA chats.

Reply #64156 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

EAST
G - Iverson
G - Carter
C - Shaq
F - Lebron
F - O'neal

Bench - Wade, Billups, Big Ben, Rip, Arenas, Pierce, Bosh.

WEST
G - Davis
G - Macgrady
C - Camby
F - Duncan
F - Garnett

Bench - Nash, Bryant, Yao, Parker, Ginobili, Brand, Nowitzki

Reply #64193 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Actually, throw Maron in there somwhere for the West, probably instead of Ginobili.

Reply #64197 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Found this:

TOP TEN OVERALL
Yao Ming (Hou.) 1,319,868
Kobe Bryant (LAL) 1,213,387
S. O'Neal (Mia) 1,188,830
LeBron James (Cle.) 1,150,920
Allen Iverson (Phi) 1,144,250
Tracy McGrady (Hou) 1,066,013
Steve Nash (Phx.) 981,623
Dwyane Wade (Mia.) 827,913
Kevin Garnett (Min.), 793,078
Tim Duncan (S.A.), 786,689
J. O'Neal (Ind.) 689,526

EAST FORWARDS
LeBron James (Cle.) 1,150,920
Jermaine O'Neal (Ind.) 689,526
Rasheed Wallace (Det.) 376,967
Chris Webber (Phi.) 318,597

EAST GUARDS
Allen Iverson (Phi.) 1,144,250
Dwyane Wade (Mia.) 827,913
Vince Carter (N.J.) 634,231
Jason Kidd (N.J.) 283,657

EAST CENTRES
Shaquille O'Neal (Mia.) 1,188,830
Ben Wallace (Det.) 583,208
Zydrunas Ilgauskas (Cle.) 98,768
Andrew Bogut (Mil.) 73,624

WEST FORWARDS
Tracy McGrady (Hou.) 1,066,013
Kevin Garnett (Min.) 793,078
Tim Duncan (S.A.) 786,689
Dirk Nowitzki (Dal.) 348,428

WEST GUARDS
Kobe Bryant (LAL) 1,213,387
Steve Nash (Pho.) 981,623
Manu Ginobili (S.A.) 406,592
Ray Allen (Sea.) 357,720

WEST CENTRES
Yao Ming (Hou.) 1,319,868
Marcus Camby (Den.) 433,471
Mehmet Okur (Uta.) 181,634
Erick Dampier (Dal.) 114,378

If we can get 1 million Australians to vote for Bogut a couple of times then we(Aus) can have an All-star starter.

Reply #64223 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Should we try? Tell everyone to vote bogut, would be funny if he started in the all star game.

Reply #64226 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I thought you NBA guys would have heard about this, but obviously the league isn't talking about it too much yet:

The NBA is changing the All-Star format. They're now going for the best names, and not necessarily the best players. According to www.doubleclutch.com, the current voting has the following guys as starters:

EAST
Pape Sow (Raptors)
Royal Ivey (Hornets)
Ruben Boumtje Boumtje (Magic)
Bo Outlaw (Magic)
Awvee Storey (Wizards)

WEST
Boniface N'Dong (Clippers)
Nene Hilario (Nuggets)
Mateen Cleaves (Sonics - yes, he got cut today, but if he gets enough votes he'll still make it)
Carlos Boozer (Jazz)
Von Wafer (Lakers)

There are a heap of guys with a chance to be subs, let me know if you need some of their names. ;)

Reply #64228 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Von Wafer! Has anyone seen his massive put back off the missed free throw?
And Cans, why not? Did Yao realy deserve to be in the All-Star game at all in his rookie year? Or has he deserved to be a starter at all yet?
The only reason he beat Shaq was because people wanted, and still want, to see a 7'6 guy from China.
LETS GET BOGUT IN THE ALL-STAR GAME!!

Reply #64230 | Report this post

Years ago

Here's who I voted for:

East
C - Ben Wallace
PF - Rasheed Wallace
SF - Tayshaun Prince
SG - Richard Hamilton
PG - Chauncey Billups

Hey, I'm a Pistons fan, what else can I do? Plus that's the best starting 5 in the league, so I don't think it should be changed. But I also think Gilbert Arenas deserves a start, and I still think Ron Artest should get a spot (if he ends up still being in the East).

West
C - Marcus Camby
PF - Elton Brand
SF - Andrei Kirilenko
SG - Jason Terry
PG - Steve Nash

Camby should be back from his finger injury before the All-Star Game (although you never know with a Camby injury), Brand is probably league MVP, Kirilenko is just Inspector Gadget doing everything, Jason Terry wears 5 pairs of socks, and Steve Nash just has to run the show in a game like this.

Write In Vote
SF - Boris Diaw

Diaw would be great in a game like this. You could slot him in anywhere and he'd be a perfect set-up guy on the break. Plus, he's been playing well so he deserves it.

Reply #64232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bogut needed aproximately 800 000 votes to get to second place last time i checked

Reply #64241 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Well... Get voting!

So far twenty four and me are voting for Bogut daily... We need around 600 000 more than we can get Bogut starting!!!

Reply #64246 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

My picks in for Bogut

Get cracking boys.......i will spread the word in Vic.....lol

Reply #64251 | Report this post

Years ago

I'll throw in votes daily just to get Bogut in as well.

Reply #64255 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I can't believe you haters.

Other than his rookie year Yao deserves to be in the all-star game. Before his injury he was the best centre going around in the league not named Ben Wallace.. Leading all pivots in the league in scoring.

Question is, do you guys actually watch games, or base all your opinions on statistics?

Reply #64264 | Report this post

Years ago

If the NBA was on more than once or twice a week in Australia, maybe people might have better opinions. But for now, many just go by the numbers.

Reply #64274 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

You're right DC, Yao is leading the league in scoring for centres, however Camby is only 3ppg behind him and is leading Yao in rebounds by over 3 a game, leading Yao in blocks by over 2 a game, they are on par in assists per game and Camby is leading Yao by about 1 steal a game.

Based on the fact Camby is leading Yao in all but the scoring category you still think Yao should start?

Reply #64283 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

If Jason Terry starts in an allstar game i will urinate on my own face. And then ill find whoever voted for him and urinate on their face aswell.

Reply #64322 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

And ditto for tayshawn prince. He looks like ET and his dunks dont move the ring. Also plenty of people have put up better numbers than him at SF.

Reply #64323 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Dr Bullshit isnt lying i was shooting three pointers left handed and he said "if you hit this ill piss on my own face"......I hit the shot and the rest is history.

Reply #64344 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

or you could get caught by the cops for public urination on new years eve...

THIS IS A PERSONAL JOKE, SORRY IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!

Reply #64355 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Dr Bullshit, you have now offically been dubbed "Goldenshower"....

First we had Goldfinger, now we have Goldenshower.

Reply #64364 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

52-Cans, it's funny watching someone take of their own shirt and made to clean up the mess they made.

What's the back of a Police wagon look like???

Reply #64366 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

For all those interested, i have been involved in some recent urine incidents, one of which involved the Adelaide Police Department. My publicist will field any queries you may have about these incidents.

Reply #64396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So anyway. Back to the lineup.....

Reply #64460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #130479 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754