TR
Years ago

Today's NBA

Just had a look at some games, and some interesting stuff.

Cavs beat the Bucks (in Buckland), with Lebron recording a triple double, 11 assists, 11 boards, and 32 points on 12/29. Chuck in 5 steals.

Bogut had a nice game, 14 points on 6/9, 4 assists, 2 steals and 13 boards. Everytime Bogut has been given touches he puts up great doubles. Stotts needs to pull his head out his ar$e and run some stuff through Bogut.

The Hornets beat the Heat 107-92. Candidate for Most Improved, David West put up 20 points and 7 boards, ROY Chris Paul had 9 dimes, 15 points and 6 boards.

Flash and Shaq led the way for the Heat. Can the Heat really push the Pistons for Eastern champs???

Minny pumped the Mavs. Typical KG game, 23 and 10 and Dirk put in 23.

Sam Dalembert has 21 boards at the beginning of the 4th against the Suns.

The Raps killed the Magic. 7 Raps in double figures, whilst little Jamar had 31 points and 6 dimes for the Magic.

Topic #5678 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

Dalembert finished with 14 points and 22 boards although Phili were spanked by the Suns 105 - 85.

The Raps are on a 3 game winning streak and have won 5 out of the last 7. They have overtaken Atlanta well and truly and are now 3 games clear of the lowly Hawks, who have won only 7 games.

Who do people think will finish on the bottom of each conference? I'm think Atlanta in the East and Portland in the West.

Reply #64170 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Indiana have also lost by 20 today to the Nugs 106 - 86. Melo has been playing some good ball lately to help lift the Nuggets, he dropped 23 today as did lil' Boykins.

The Pacers seem to be struggling without JO and the distractions Artest is causing. Should they trade him now to cease the distraction or wait? I'm more inclined to take the best possible deal available and move him on. Even do a trade that will leave some cap room for a good FA pickup over the summer.

Reply #64172 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Read some paper this morning out of San Francisco and it said that the Warriors were firming as favourite for Artest. A deal involving Troy Murphy which would be good for the Pacers.

Flash also got a triple-double against the Hornets

Reply #64175 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

TR - Where does Murphy fit in with the Pacers? He's a jump shooting 4 man (or undersized 5 man). Besides, $51 million for 5 years? I don't think he's worth those dollars.

Baron Davis, J-Rich & Artest would form a nice core for the Warriors, thouggh. Especially with how Diogu has been playing.

Reply #64177 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

This was on the ESPN Daily Dime today:

If the Golden State Warriors now lead the Ron Artest Sweepstakes, as some of the other Artest suitors believe, don't expect a trade before Friday at the earliest.

Reason being: Indy visits Golden State in a nationally televised game Thursday.

Just a hunch but I'm guessing the Pacers would rather see Artest debut for his new team against someone else.

The name of Warriors power forward Troy Murphy has been increasingly mentioned as a key component of any Warriors-Pacers swap, but it remains to be seen A) if Golden State would be willing to part with Murphy and B) if Indiana is truly prepared to absorb Murphy's contract (which runs for five more seasons beyond this one at $51 million).

Would probably be the smart thing by the Pacers to wait. You're right Troy Murphy would definately helps the Pacers, who else do you think would be involved in the trade? Or just a straight swap? I personally would just go a straight swap. The Pacers can put JO into the center and slot Murphy in at the PF while GSW can slot Artest in also.

I think Murphy is a slightly better shooter than Artest as well.

Any idea what their salaries are? I know Artest's is around 8 Mill for the next couple of years.

Reply #64178 | Report this post

ShutUp!  
Years ago

The Salary's for Artest & Murphy don't match up(well not according to realgm's Trade Checker anyway). It might well be say Artest & Samaki Walker for Murphy & Pietrus (which does work on Trade Checker - No. 2791989 if anyone's interested)

Reply #64180 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Real GM trade checker #2791986.

Wouldn't work 1 for 1. Murphys salary is more than Artests (which is $6.5 mil, as far as I know). Would need the Pacers to add a throw-in or two.

If this trade were to go through the Pacers would (presumably) start :

Tinsley
Jackson
Croshere
O'Neal
Murphy

Decent, but I don't think it'd have Detriot or Miami trembling.

Reply #64181 | Report this post

ShutUp!  
Years ago

The Salary's for Artest & Murphy don't match up(well not according to realgm's Trade Checker anyway). It might well be say Artest & Samaki Walker for Murphy & Pietrus (which does work on Trade Checker - No. 2791989 if anyone's interested)

Reply #64182 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Beat me to it ShutUp!

If the Pacers can get Pietrus as well, then it's probably worth it, IMO. Getting Pirtrus would be in line with their statement suggesting they're looking to the future with the Artest trade. Pietrus is 23 & Murphy 25, so I guess it's fair to assume both have yet to hit their peak, though I'm not sure how much more productive Murphy will get.

Reply #64184 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think Murphy has a game that could compliment JO. Murphy helps on the offence with his shooting by opening up the floor and low post for JO. Murphy ain't scared to hit the boards either.

Stats wise they are a good trade.

Artest: 19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpb, 2.2 apg
Murphy: 16.6 ppg, 8.6 rpb, .9 apg

What you lose in ppg and agp in Murphy you gain in the rpb.

It's a trade I'd be willing to pull the trigger on. Murphy is the best name that has seriously been chucked around, but that contract is scary.

Reply #64185 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Is there a place you can find out the players salary?

Reply #64186 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hold up, I didn't realise that Murphy was a BYC. That changes everything. Next to near impossible to trade a BYC player.

Reply #64187 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bizzy,

www.insidehoops.com

on the left under NBA features.

Reply #64188 | Report this post

Years ago

All NBA player salaries and contract conditions for the 2005/06 season and beyond:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jtkramer65/05-06salaries.htm

Reply #64198 | Report this post

bbflane  
Years ago

When they talk about all the New York City ball players, how come they never talk about Ben Gordon? I've been following him since he played at UConn and he has a nice game. You guys should check out his website: www.bengordon.com

Reply #64222 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Looks like Samaki Walker won't be involved in any trades, he was waived by the Pacers last night. Does this free up more cap room for Murphy?

Reply #64298 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:20 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754