Anonymous
Years ago

Not enough NBA on ESPN

Anyone else pissed off at how little nba has been on espn lately, cant wait til nfl finishes then nba should get prime time

Topic #5743 | Report this topic

Panther  
Years ago

Won't be on anymore than what it is now!

Reply #64990 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

The thing that is really annoying is that loooking through this months guide, there are 14 college games, compared to the five NBA games they have on.
Even more annoying is the respect they give the NBA. Everyone remember when they canned overtime of PHO V SA in last years Western Finals? And what was put on? Oh yeah, PTI AUSTRALIA! Even Steve Nash knew about it!! I had to wait about 10 hours to see overtime, when they could've just put on an extra 5 minutes of ball.

Reply #64993 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Yeah That was a discgrace - but if you stuck it out with PTI for a few minutes they actually took us back to the game for then finish :)

Obviouslt 24 you couldnt put up with Sam Kekovic for that long - and I dont blame you!

I just hope they dont get the AFL rights over foxtel!

Reply #64996 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

You have to love the amount of college hoops though!

Reply #64998 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

But college hoops isnt easy to get into, especially when u need to research players and teams. NBA is so much easier to watch because u know who everyone is, plus id rather watch an NBA game than a college game basketball wise.

Reply #65002 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Don't know Doc, I guess it gets down to what you wanna watch. Basketball in its purest form I believe is better in College, but for razzle-dazzle, entertainment and highlights then I'd go NBA.

I'd almost say that there is a better atmosphere in a College game, especially against traditional rivals like Blue Devils vs Tar Heels, Kansas v Kentucky etc. There doesn't seem to be any rivalries in the NBA anymore. No more Knicks v Bulls, Bulls v Cavs, Knicks v Heat, Lakers v Boston, Detroit v Lakers like in the old days.

Reply #65011 | Report this post

Years ago

I think they need to axe some other stuff from ESPN like:
Poker
Rodeo
Karate
Fishing

Or at least put them on at different times, not prime time when NBA games are being played

Reply #65013 | Report this post

axe ice skating as well.

And get rid of Milwaulkee games, I'm sick of seeing Bogut play. (Bucks v Knicks? Gimme a break!)

Reply #65022 | Report this post

Years ago

Yea axe ice skating! I forgot to mention that! And there does need to be some more variety of teams playing. For example, I personally am sick of seeing the Timberwolves play. They're are boring team to watch and Garnett's play is great, but it's not really exciting. Even though I'm a Pistons supporter, I'd like to see teams like the Warriors, Hawks or Bobcats get a run. By watching Sportscenter it looks like they play a bit more exciting brand of basketball that a team such as the T-Wolves. I know basketball isn't all about the exciting plays and big dunks, so to balance out what I'm saying I'll mention that sometimes it'd also be good to see a guy like Josh Smith of the Hawks actually play instead of just seeing his dunks occasionally on Sportscenter.

Reply #65037 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

It seems that a certain high profile member of a certain high profile funk band is in Australia right now, and he's also complaining about the lack of NBA on the telly (hint: he has a mononymous name and his band is Red Hot).

Reply #65047 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I'm just sick of seeing the spurs and pistons play. I know they are the two premier teams in the comp but in the last few seasons thats all ive seen. Now they seem to be all bucks because of bogut. I dont see why they cant get a nice spread of games so we can actually get some idea whats goin on.

Reply #65055 | Report this post

Sammeh  
Years ago

We need more games, but I only recently got Foxtel, purely for the NBA, and people need to not just blame ESPN, in research, these people hold blame.

-The NBA - Weak game selection.(they select the games, not espn)
-ESPN - Not fighting for rights.
(only fought for 2 games a week on ESPN International)
-Fox Sports - Not buying NBA rights aswell.

Reply #65108 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Great game comming up though with the spurs V MIAMI. That will be a cacker!

Tend to agree though im not one for too much colege ball

Reply #65240 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

On saturday isn't it Miami v Seattle???
And I would be guessing they now won't have Ray Allen!!! Even better!

Reply #65251 | Report this post

Years ago

Well I guess we can all hold our collective breaths until then to witness a big game from "Mr Consistent Inconsistency" Vladimir Radmanovic of Seattle hahahaha

Reply #65274 | Report this post

Joe  
Years ago

I emailed NBA TV, and found out its available to over 40 countries around the world, They say its up to optus foxtel and Austar who have a say whether they wanna bring NBA TV to australia
So our coverage ly's in there hands

Reply #65643 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Well we're doomed then!

Reply #65668 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Perhaps if they canned all their stupid ads, they might have time to air the NBA. I swear you could fit a whole extra game in if they got rid of the ads. And on that note what the hell is happening to Pay TV in general - why all the ads now, and those damned phone commercials.....ARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Reply #65807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you're being scammed...

Reply #66028 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754