Anonymous
Years ago

Underrated Players

On OZ hoops someone said that Jacob Holmes was an underrated player. Do you agree and is there any other players that you think are underrated for the 6ers (or overrated)????

Topic #5757 | Report this topic

Underrated defender. I think he's still considered a rookie or a youngster by some. Be interesting to see if he performs as well next year when he's scouted better. hopefully he does.

Reply #65189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is he contracted with the sixers for next season? who is contracted?

Reply #65190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Willy might be somewhat overrated at times???

Reply #65192 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Oscar Foreman.....why cant this kid get more court time?

Reply #65194 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

What about the fellas?

Reply #65198 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Jacob Holmes is definately underrated, he performs night after night. I think Bradley Sheridan is way overrated.

Reply #65201 | Report this post

Years ago

Even though he won NBL Most Improved Player award last season, I still say Peter Crawford from the Wildcats is underrated. I agree Bradley Sheridan is overratd and I also think that Scott McGregor from the Razorbacks is a bit overrated too.

Reply #65207 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

Don't get me wrong, I like Jacob - but he is really only a defender and has a turn around jumper - if he really needs to expand a bit more offensively.

Then again, to have an underrated tag is better than overrated!

Reply #65212 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

If he can hit the J a little more he could be a 20-10 man. He takes enough shots and usually gets 8 rebounds a game.

Reply #65224 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Crude boy,
I think you need to look a little more closely at the situation.

Let us examine the sixers scoring rotation.
Maher & Farley are the focus of most of the offensive sets. Adding Dusty to the mix as a 3rd target doesn't leave a heap of attempts to spread accross the rest of the playing group.

To say Holmes needs to expand his offensive game is a little off based on the facts.
Rychart - 18.8ppg
Farley - 18.6ppg
Maher - 17.7ppg
Holmes - 13.9ppg

Reply #65231 | Report this post

greenback  
Years ago

Jacob has the game offensive and defensive lets not forget he is only 23. He will be our next captain.

And fezlington i think the reason oscar doesn't get more time is because he is too focus on hitting the three ball. He is 6'10 and alergic to the keyway

Reply #65234 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Jacob is deffinately underrated. The 36ers are considered to have the best import duo, as well as having the best Australian never to make the NBA, so he often gets overlooked as a threat on offensive. Crude boy, his shot is a bit inconsistant, but he can post people up and is capable of hitting the outside jumper, as well as getting to the line, so he has enough offensively. And whatever he lacks on offence, he more than makes up for in defence and rebounding.

Reply #65264 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

True Greenback.......for a 6'10 player he is pretty soft when it comes to going anywhere near the key

But he is a Awesome shooter of the rock

Get a post up game, and he will be unstopable at that height

Reply #65325 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

Holmes has been sent to the line most this season of all the sixer players. Agreed, he struggles with consistency and his shooting "style" can be in question, but, as a defender, I haven't yet seen him beaten. And considering some of the match ups he gets, he will probably be o/s within 12-18 months.

The big O, his game in the NBL is primarily as a shooting threat. He does need to recognize when he has the miss match with a smaller of less athletic player and take it to the basket in these situations. I stand by one of my previousposts saying he is predominanlty a 3 with a fill in role in the 4.

Farley played very smart the other night, was unstoppable. Not overrated. Needs to use Perth game as motivation in coming weeks, how easy did he do it saturday night...

Reply #65630 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

was a great game, he plays best when he plays with a bit of arrogance, the near buzzer beater 3 he made when he faked out two guys was awesome

Reply #65649 | Report this post

Hurley  
Years ago

Is he really that tall? they just dont look tall on the screen... he does need to work on his post gamre... if he got that worked out i think maytbe the NBA would give him a look... but hid post aint good enough just yet. he may also need to bulk up.

Reply #65651 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

jacobs definetly underated, he cops a lot of stick but has consitantly played well all year

yes he shoots some shit but who doesnt.

Reply #65722 | Report this post

webber  
Years ago

i think im underated

Reply #66054 | Report this post

casey  
Years ago

NO YOU R NOT.

Reply #66056 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:59 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754